Utilize customer service and technical experience with NAS, and other technical expertise gained over 7 years in the IT industry to provide exceptional ROI. Continually striving to learn new technologies and increase knowledge of existing technologies to stay abreast of the constantly changing world of information technology. Able to provide timely solutions in an approachable manner by utilizing vast practical experience.
- Over 6+ years of rich and insightful experience in Storage Industry covering various Storage, backup tools, Server & De - duplication products like NetApp Storage & EMC Data Domain.
- Extensive knowledge on implementing EMC NAS and NetApp products.
- Expertise in allocating storage from NetApp NAS FAS 3200 series, FAS 6200 series filers, managing volumes, Qtrees and Quotas.
- Hands on experience with EMC and NetApp management tools like Navisphere, ECC, SMC, Snapview snapshot/clone, Mirror View, Filerview, Snapmirror, SnapVault and PowerPath.
- Strong knowledge of Isilon NAS storage platform.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills with excellent understanding of system development methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Storage Hardware: Netapp FAS 2000, 3000 & 6000 Filer Series, HP EVA 4400
Management Software Tools: NetApp Operations Manager (DFM), System Manger & Filer View, Snap Mirror, Snap Vault.
Operating Environment: NetApp Data ONTAP 7 Mode & 8.0 Cluster Mode
Operating Systems: Linux, IBM AIX 6.1, UNIX, Windows 2003 & 2008.
Backup Software Tool: IBM Tivoli Storage Management 6.1.
DeDuplication Hardware: EMC Data Domain 880 & 890
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Technical Service Engineer
- Provide industry leading service and support to mission critical data centers and users.
- Consult with end users and field technicians to provide custom tailored solutions to user issues. Research and implement action plans resulting in improved data integrity, more efficient workflow, and top tier reliability.
- Administered 400+ servers (NetApp and EMC) with and objective to keep customer’s data safe and accessible. Instrumental in ensuring team’s success.
- Created, edited and configured new Vfilers, flex volumes on aggregates, qtrees, snapshots, snapmirror, snapvault, cifs and nfs, de-duplcation and user quotas.
- Monitored Filers using DFM/OM; performance tuning of Filers using NetApp Management Console.
- QA and troubleshoot issues with new filers/clusters and vfilers before production.
- Provided support to on-site Technical Engineers during the setup and upgrading of customer equipment. Investigated and explored “What-if” scenarios ensuring security of customer’s digital assets.
- Closely worked with back up teams to ensure tape backups are running without any issue.
- Worked with data center teams to ensure any alerts/issues on filers/vfilers are promptly resolved
- Used forward planning to ensure safeguard of valuable information and future growth.
- Investigated error messages, confirmed best practices with regard to storage appliance setup and configurations, called and emailed customers and Field Techs to supply them with answers and support.
- Investigated root causes for performance issues and recommended real world solutions.
- Received urgent support cases such as "system down" scenarios to walk the user through the troubleshooting and restoration process with as little downtime as possible.
- Located replacement hardware in case of failures and work in mixed O/S environments common in the real world usage of NAS and SAN storage equipment.
Associated Environment: NAS, iSCSI, FCP, NDMP, LUN’s, vfilers, aggregates, CIFS, NFS, SnapMirror, SnapManager, SnapDrive, Data Ontap 7.x and Ontap 8.x family, Cluster mode, FilerView, Unix, Webex, sysstat, perfstat, D2D, CLI, FilerView, Tape backup, VMWARE, SAN, VNX, Isilon and Unix, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Remote Access and Blackberry Support
- Responsible for all Citigroup remote users connecting thru VPN successfully.
- Responsible for troubleshooting any issue related to remote access and VPN software, Confidential web portal and Microsoft office.
- Worked on Blackberry server (BES) and troubleshoot any issues for Confidential Group blackberry users.
- Responsible for installation, optimization, maintenance and security of DNS.
Associated Environment: Windows 2003 server, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2007, VMware, Symantec Anti-Virus.