- 18 years of experience (10 in leadership role) in Information Systems leading Information Technology Infrastructure and Operations divisions.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, ITIL, and HDI certified. Strong leadership and strategic planning skills. A visionary with intensive exposure to technology and personnel management.
- Extensive and proven experience in Technology Architecture, achieving Business Continuity, System High Availability (99.99%), Customer service (NPS) and Datacenter Operations management.
- A career marked by a record of s devising innovative, cost - effective approaches to manage complex infrastructures, departmental restructuring, and business process automation by defining SLAs and SOPs.
- Managed multiple teams up to 64 personnel (globally) with budgetary responsibility of over $ 6 Million.
- Project and portfolio management, migrating and consolidating Data Centers while directing all facets of major conversions and cost reduction through automation.
- Guiding functional groups and defining requirements that address near term needs, while anticipating long range requirements.
- Effective communicator, able to bridge gaps between teams in an effort to work towards a common goal.
- Planning and executing projects with realistic assessments of financial and human resource requirements, managing them to completion under budget and well in advance of targeted deadlines.
- Procurement, deployment, maintenance and upgrade of IT and Telecom infrastructures.
- Strategic and forward thinking building relationships, alignment of business and technology goals.
Hardware: Dell, HP servers, EMC, HP SAN’s, Backup libraries, Cisco switches, routers, IDS and PIX firewalls, Brocade switches
Operating Systems: Microsoft Servers, Clients, Linux, Netware
Software: VMware, Citrix, Microsoft SQL, McAfee, Quest, LANDesk, Altiris, Front Range Heat, CA Unicenter suite, Cisco Works, Iron mail, WhatsUpGold.
Telephony: VOIP - Cisco, Unity, Avaya Definity and Audix systems, NEC
- Architected infrastructure for defining internal cloud to reduce operating costs by 40%
- Transparent application delivery
- Availability and redundancy towards business continuity
- Automatic provisioning of services
- Successfully virtualized 65% of datacenter servers within 8 months
- Implemented VDI using VMware (~ 300 devices)
- Spearheaded business process automation initiative influencing superior clinical quality outcomes
Manager - Technology Services Consultant
- Consolidated Datacenter infrastructure resulting in 35% reduction in operating costs
- Implemented Citrix providing seamless application delivery and security
- Successfully implemented ITIL methodology -
- Incident management
- Change and Problem Management
- Achieved 99.99% datacenter availability of ~1500 Microsoft and Linux servers in two datacenters.
- Succeeded in improving customer satisfaction to the highest levels (NPS of 89 - world class service organizations have scores about 73).
- Built Network Operations Center (NOC) and matured it to CMM level 2.
- Defined SOPs and negotiated SLA’s with vendors and customers.
- Managed multiple teams both in USA and overseas (based in Japan, India, Canada).
- Restructured IT department ensuring high productivity.
- Defined technology plan for IT and Telecom infrastructures for the relocation of entire hospital.
- Developed strategic plan for the IT department.
- One of the main tasks in this context was to study 10 years of unplanned growth of the Telecom division and define a roadmap with milestones for Convergence and VoIP implementation.
- Designed and assisted in the overall technology review of new, 250 acre campus.
Director, Network Systems
- Directed entire technology infrastructure of the organization including Data Center Operations, server and network engineering functions, help desk and audio visual networks.
- Data Center design and migration with minimal interruption.
- Migration from Novell and NDS infrastructure to Microsoft Windows2003 AD domain.
- Developed and successfully tested Virtualization and Disaster Recovery strategies for the organization. A white paper is written by the vendor in conjunction with this test.
- Desktop migration from Windows 95/98 to Windows XP Professional (600+ workstations).
- This migration also included the implementation of enterprise level antivirus desktop protection which drastically reduced the operating costs.
- Successful implementation of a wired/wireless IP telephony (VoIP) system and integration into legacy Avaya PBX phone system.
- Successful migration of core healthcare information system (Meditech) from aging and failing direct attached storage configuration to a high availability HP SAN solution resulting in savings of $170,000 in migration fee.
Director, Networks and Operations
- Directed Datacenter Operations, help desk, including server and network engineering functions.
- Architected a Disaster Recovery strategy including a redundant datacenter.
- Directed Network Stabilization project implementing VPN’s & VLAN’s for improved performance.
- Desktop Migration from Windows 95/98 to Windows 2000 professional (1000+ Workstations).
IT Manager (Applications & PC Support)
- Performed as technical manager supporting Microsoft and UNIX servers, including Citrix, Microsoft Exchange, and MS-SQL.
- Windows 2000 Pro migration of 900 workstations with very minimal impact on productivity.
- Successfully developed and implemented new support policies and procedures along with service level agreements (SLA). Increased the rate of first call resolution.
- Managed a project aimed at reducing telephone costs. VPN tunneling over Internet was implemented resulting in better security and $100K+ savings per year.
- Consolidated 11 MS SQL servers to 6.