With over ten years of experience as an IT professional, I have demonstrated my ability as a self - motivated individual in maintaining, improving, and being able to adapt to many different mainframe environments. Highly trained in application, network, and information security side of mainframe. I also come from a desktop and helpdesk environment. I’ve been able to adapt quickly to different challenges and assignments with little or no training.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Provide support to the Network Engineer in maintaining Network items, such as the 3700, 2600 & 7200 series routers and 6500, 4500, 3700, 3500, 4800, 2960 switches by performing the necessary maintenance to support the availability and functionality of the network's hardware (Routers, Switches etc) and monitoring the network's performance (traffic, bandwidth, capacity).
- I support all aspects of the mainframe environment which includes but not limited to application, network, hardware, and end user side of support.
- I make sure that all applications, batch jobs, online regions and network connections are maintained for the different structure levels of the Dept. of Homeland Security and Bureau of Prisons to name a few
- I make sure that all quality deliverables and SLA’s are met. Monitor the process for delays by researching and adjusting times for more accurate reporting
- Utilize MVS, CICS, batch jobs, onlines, Vmware, CA7, JES2, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, VPS printing,OMEGAMON, Remedy and other mainframe applications and tools on a daily basis.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
Mainframe Network Operator, Help Desk, and Information Security
- I analyzed problems using various network tools and following procedural guidelines to research, diagnose, and resolve the problem
- I help maintain mainframe connectivity for over 1000 banks, credit unions, ATMS and GM plants
- Provide first level application and network support for the MVS, CICS, VTAM, Resource and Network Operations Center for Confidential internal groups
- Responsible for network connectivity for switch major nodes, lines, control devices, link stations, servers, cross domains, physical units, printers, ATMS and gateways
- Analyze information security requirements and provide support to internal and external customers.
- Assisted in security issues and ensured conformance to requirements. Identified problems and utilized system resources in the prevention of security exposures.
- Maintained network security through ACF2 and RACF systems and suspended users for not complying with network security guidelines
- I researched, diagnosed and resolved customer problems.
- Provide desktop support for different Fortune 500 companies as well as internal employees.
- I support different Microsoft products like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IE and Access to name a few as well as adding printers, clearing print queues, printer connectivity, Rumba, SMS, VMWARE, Citrix XenApp, Timbuktu, Full Armor, Novell, and Web Wireless paging.
- Responsible for monitoring, controlling and or setting up computer resources in accordance with established procedures within a processing site.
- Created and maintained internal documentation.
- Solved technical and customer problems within the scope of defined standards.
- Interfaced with necessary customer or business support groups and escalated issue to the appropriate support groups.
- Responsible for computer management of the different customers, customer service, help desk, troubleshooting and console operations.
- Worked with VM and MVS systems.
- I have also used TMS, TMC, TSO, TLMS, CA7, SDSF, and OS390 tape management software.
- Used equipment: 3480, 3420, and 3490E tape drives, AS400, and RS6000 .
- Worked with Disaster Recovery strategies, and ISO 9000 compliance.
Confidential, Carrollton, Texas
Lead Return Allowance Clerk
- Setting up return allowances for different customers, data entry, customer service, and training and supervising all new stocker