- Over 20 years’ experience in the IT industry.
- Received advanced training in Systems Analysis.
- Refined data modeling skills.
- Strong technical writing skills and proven ability to visualize system design and produce documents oriented toward both user and technical audiences.
- Expert employing data modeling using ERwin.
- Taught classes and mentored co - workers.
- Supervised technical teams of up to 12 members.
- Member of a Data Governance committee
- Almost 20 years’ experience with PowerBuilder including teaching customer classes
- Achieved 25% to 30% improvement of performance of data entry applications.
- Achieved a 40% to 50% improvement in performance of complex stored procedures.
- Contributed to the work of a data governance committee.
- Designed comprehensive systems analysis documentation.
- Performed extensive analysis of database requirements and documented results prior to design.
- Created comprehensive data models, including definitions of attributes to generate a data dictionary.
- Designed enhancement for transactional, data warehouse, and data marts. The designs included both Star and Snowflake configurations.
- Generated source to target mappings that included ETL instructions.
- Performed detailed data quality analysis.
- Reading Comprehension
- Speaking - Writing
- Management of Personnel Resources
- Operations Analysis
- Active Listening
- Service Orientation
- Systems Analysis
- Critical Thinking
- Technology Design
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Access
- Confidential ASE
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Transact SQL
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe
- Informatica Data Explorer
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Qlik Desktop and View
- ER Studio
Senior Data Administrator
- Developed database models to support the insurance business of the company.
- To populate an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), sources were identified from the various groups involved in supporting the services of the company, developed source to target mappings with ETL instructions for the developers, and analyzed the accuracy and cleanliness of the data loaded into the new database.
- Created designs for a large EDW, data warehouse, and data mart solutions. Erwin as the tool to perform the data modeling.
- Conducted individual and group session with the different stakeholders and JAD sessions with large groups.
- Implemented the procedures required by and created the deliverables required by the Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
Confidential, Schenectady, NY
- As one of the senior consultants, developed solutions for many customers, conducted meetings with senior manage, users, project managers, and technical teams, and developed design documents to record the results
Confidential, Latham, NY
- performed consulting with clients to help plan their future requirements, prepared planning documents, documented impact analysis, and cost estimates, and participated in the development of QA instructions and test plans.
Confidential, Albany, NY
- determined client requirements through interviews and group meetings.
- Developed design documents and conceptual, logical, and physical models.
- Using PowerDesigner to create the models, all of the details were included to enable generating comprehensive data dictionaries.
- When not on assignment, taught customer classes for tools and database technologies.
- Used my skills in PowerBuilder to successfully troubleshoot many applications and lead development projects.
- I mentored customer developers and taught the PowerBuilder classes for our customers.