- 10 years of experience in the System Administration and Networking environment.
- Was an SME on Active Directory for 7 years
- Experience in Windows Server Platform, Active Directory.
- Experience with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory administration.
- Involved actively in troubleshooting various Active Directory and Networking problems.
- Experience in Stabilization of AD environment as per Microsoft standards
- Experience on Microsoft customized Confidential tool
- Possessing good technical expertise in Windows 2008 R2, 2008, 2003, 2000 and NT Server / Workstations.
- Knowledge on ITIL Process and Change, Problem, Incident Management.
- Hands - on experience on ticketing tool like REMEDY and MAXIMO
- Led the AD Enterprise Transition from IBM to a team of 10 Technical folks from Accenture.
- Windows 2000/2003/2003 R2 and 2008 Active Directory:
- Installing of Windows server 2000/2003/2003 R2 and 2008/2008R2.
- Adding roles using server manager.
- Users and Groups
- Trust Relationships
- W32 Time Service
- Group Policies
- Group Policy Object Deployment
- User Profiles
- User accounts (Profiles - Home Directories)
- Client Licensing
- Terminal Server License Management
- Publishing Resources
- Global Catalog
- AD Replication
- Query/Search/Troubleshoot AD TOOLS
Systems Lead Operations Specialist
- Worked as an SME for BHPB Account.
- Key person responsible to manage 5 Forests and 8 domains with 245 sites in the client environment as enterprise administrator
- Run Daily operations tasks to keep AD healthy.
- Attend different phases of CAB meetings with IBM and clients change team. This includes 3 phases depending on the Business Critical servers and production/dev servers.
- Performed regular authoritative and non-authoritative restores.
- Support any issues escalated by tier 2 teams on AD, DNS, DHCP and WINS.
- Supporting the L3 team when there is a major incident bridge call opens and jump in to clarify on the technical and process support when it is required.
- Checking the replication on daily basis of the forest and fix any the issues if found any.
- Attend daily calls with SDMs (Service Delivery Managers) ensuring the Proper delivery of the work.
- Monthly calls with technical writer on the SOM(Service Operation Manual)
- Running Confidential tool on regular basis in the customer environment, analysis the report and categorizes issue based on the criticality.
- Providing solutions to fix and remediate existing issues found in the tool and preparing techplans to the AD BAU Support team for remediation.
- Preparing documentation on Confidential for the team to understand about the tool.
- Deputed to Singapore for a month to demonstrate the Confidential tool to the customer and stake holders
- Demonstrated the tool to other projects in IBM.
- Recognized as Confidential SME, by providing on the tool.
- By moving ADM template to PDC of the domains.
- Group policy cleanup, by removing morphed folder, unlinked group policy objects and orphaned Group policy templates
- Configured Site link as per the Microsoft standard.
- Cleaned overlapped subnets
- Fixed Network latency
- Fixing slow logon issues
- Cleaned lingering objects in the BHPB AD environment.
- Worked on Incident Management to keep all the infrastructure services up.
- Worked on Problem Management to identify the root cause of the repeated incidents and took proactive measures on other servers.
- Handling all escalations from rhythm team, determine and fix the issue or if it requires escalation to next support tier it appropriately.
- Trained the L1/L2 and new hires on the current Windows infrastructure environment for Making sure the new team members are ramping enough to support the Dynamic infrastructure and if otherwise supporting, mentoring the teams.
- Responding and resolving Severity 1,2,3 and 4 problems
- Daily health checks of servers using Meassureware.
- Daily backup monitoring of scheduled backups using HP Omni backup.
- Update and scan Servers using Trend Virus Scan using Trend Control Manager.
- Daily alert monitoring using HP Open View.
- Troubleshoot repeat alerts and fix root cause.
- Perform System recovery and system restores.
- User management of infrastructure accounts.
- Troubleshooting the Errors on servers via RDP and executing command line tools and utilities.
- Troubleshooting Active Directory (AD) and FRS replication.
- Monitoring and managing the DHCP Servers and DNS Servers.
- Worked on IBM Blade Servers, HP Proliant Servers, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT, 2000, Active Directory, Trend Server Protect Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition.
Confidential, New York
- Design, Implementation, Installation, Configuration, Administration, support of Windows 2000 as per Company requirements.
- Configuration and maintaining Active Directory in win2000 and applying Group Policies for each department as per the access level for security purpose.
- Successfully implemented ADS (Active Directory Services) in Windows 2000 Adv.
- Server. Assigning, Transferring & seizing roles to Servers, installing & Administering Active directory & DNS.
- Configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of Domain Controllers and Additional Domain Controller, File and Print server.
- Create new users, groups, logon scripts, and mandatory /roaming profiles.
- Manage user and group accounts and administer security rights and Customize users desktop and Make user-friendly desktop for entire organization.
- Installing operating systems and joining clients in to domain. Maintaining several types of Backups (Active directory, SQL, Files Server, Normal backups).
- Install operating systems like Windows 2000 with fault tolerance like disk mirroring (RAID 1) and striping with parity (RAID 5).
- Developing and implementing backup procedures for all the server and databases for entire organization by understanding the service level agreements with clients.
- Contact the vendors and collect the quotations and submit to the Manager for supporting the Technical up gradation and maintain the reports for future .
- Worked on configuring Managed Switched and Routers.
- Managing to solve the networking problems of clients and improving customer service for Confidential technologies for client and Server side.
- Implement, configure and troubleshoot all type of networking projects.
- Involved in Administration, Installation, Configuration, and Implementation of LAN on Win2000.
- Assist in the evaluation of new software / hardware for office automation project.
- Install Norton Ghost and backup up images for all workstations in order to insure fast recovery and instant operational environment for any user.
- Implemented and managed system policies, file and print permissions and rights.
- Servicing of computers, Printers, Monitors and all computer peripherals.
- As a member of networking team, had undergone installation of Networks and trouble shooting of networks, designing and implementation of Networks and Provide on-line solutions support to customers.