- Over 10 + Years of professional experience with enterprise network implementation, administration, desktop support, server maintenance and security
- Experience with various Microsoft Technologies including but not limited to Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager 2012, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Experience with various Virtualization aspects and technologies such as VMware, Oracle Virtualbox
- Experience with Symantec Enterprise Technologies including Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, Symantec Ghost and Symantec Backup Exec 2012
- Remote administration experience using Radmin, DameWare, TeamViewer, LogMeIn, and Remote Desktop to operate/maintain servers, and fix various desktop/server issues
Enterprise Server/Networking: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy Management, Performance Monitoring, Storage Management, Network Printer Management, System Center Configuration Manager 2012, Symantec Endpoint Management, LAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Symantec Ghost, FTP, Windows Server updates (WSUS), hotfixes and patches, Internet Information Systems (IIS), Dell Server Hardware, Windows Deployment Services, Spiceworks, System Center Configuration Manager
Enterprise Storage/Backup: CA ARCserv Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, RAID 0/1/5/1+0, NAS, SAN, iSCSI, Hot Spare
Virtualization: VMware Server ESX/ESXi 4.1.0/5.0.0 , VMware Workstation, VMWare Converter, VMware Fusion, Virtualizing and Migrating Physical Servers to VMware, Oracle Virtualbox
Remote Administration: Remote Desktop, Radmin, VNC Server/Client, Citrix XenApp (Session Virtualization), GoToMyPC, Symantec pcAnywhere, DameWare Mini Remote Control, TeamViewer, LogMeIn
Desktop Client Platforms: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1, Ubuntu Linux, Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks
Mobile Platforms: Blackberry OS, Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows Phone
Session Support Coordinator
- Provided exceptional service and support to students with technical issues in the Learning Management System (LMS), Adobe Connect and other technology platforms.
- Provided exceptional service and support to faculty with technical issues and service issues. Assisting in student on - boarding with live training during orientation.
- Monitored live sessions to ensure they run smoothly. Provide feedback after each session so Director and Advisors can follow up to address any issues.
- Troubleshot technical issues and coordinating solutions with Confidential 's technical team. Handle incoming communications from students in an expedient and professional manner.
- Assisted students and faculty in troubleshooting basic technical issues in the Learning Management System including explaining new enhancements, etc.
- Identified and refer students to Director and Student Support Advisors for additional support
- Deployed software packages, virus definitions, Windows updates, and user state migrations via Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- Generated reports for machines in SCCM 2012 to analyze hardware specifications for purchasing of new hardware
- Used remote control capabilities in SCCM 2012 to fix common Windows issues for users
- Installed, rack-mounted and configured hardware components including SCSI cards, RAM, HDD arrays and CPUs for HP Proliant Blade Servers
- Rebuilt print server to accommodate Network Plotter, Multifunction copiers and configure them for network printing, scanning and faxing
- Replaced D-Link switches with Cisco switches, documented VLAN configuration from D-Link switches and re-configured for Cisco switches
- Set-up VLAN for VoIP Phones
- Installed and configured 3COM VoIP phones with 3COM NBX V5000 IP Telephony Solution
- Used CA ARCserv Backup to create/modify backup and restore jobs
- Configured and prepared monthly backup tapes for archival
- Setup Apple AirPort Extreme/Apple TV combination for iPad Facetime for users to communicate with Confidential China/ Confidential Europe
- Assisted with Sarbanes - Oxley (SOX) compliance by gathering records and information from Exchange DB/Active Directory and providing information such as server/database names/OS, disabled users, account options, organization information.
- Wrote basic VBS Scripts to automate processes on servers and desktops
- Setup and maintained Polycom HDX VTC systems used for global video communication with parent company and its subsidiaries
- Filed Capital Expense requests for purchasing of IT equipment and services
- Recorded invoices for IT-related purchases and services
- Administered SharePoint server for internal company communication, set up sites for individual departments, managed document control permissions, assisted users
- Used Remedy ITSM 8 to create IT incident tickets for parent company, Hillenbrand, Inc.
Environment: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows XP, Windows 7, Exchange 2007, VMware ESXi 4, 50 servers, 300+ users and over 350+ workstations
Desktop/Server Support Specialist
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of servers running Windows Server 2000, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2
- Performed hardware installation, troubleshooting and maintenance on Dell servers including Dell PowerEdge 1650, 1750, 1950, 2300, 2850, 4600, R710
- Performed maintenance, monitoring and patching of servers during off hours both on site and remotely to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Configured and Maintained Network-attached storage devices including Dell PowerVault 745N, iomega StorCenter and QNAP TurboNAS
- Created and maintained new virtual machines on VMware ESXi 4.1.0 and VMware ESXi 5.0.0 hosts with VMware vSphere client
- Migrated physical to virtual (P2V) machines using VMWare Converter
- Maintained iSCSI SAN datastore for storage of virtualized machines residing on Dell MD3200i
- Configured multiple SCSI drives for RAID 0 and RAID 5 configurations
- Used Windows Deployment Services and PXE boot to image machines
- Migration project from Windows Server 2000/2003 to Windows Server 2008/2008 R2
- Used Symantec Backup Exec 2012 for creating and maintaining full and incremental backup jobs
- Managed Microsoft Exchange Server by creating mailboxes, creating mailbox stores using Exchange System Manager, performing maintenance and cleaning old log files, verifying mailbox database integrity, defragmentation of information store (eseutil) and applying necessary mailbox rights and permissions.
- Managed Windows-based servers both virtual and physical by adding roles and features, disk management and partitioning, monitoring Windows logs and keeping drivers up-to-date with Device Manager.
- Monitored network equipment and servers for proper operation and performance including but not limited to services failing to start, disk space availability, event viewer logs, and responding to alerts.
- Performed updates on servers by using WSUS, updated BIOS Firmware on servers
- Forwarded DNS servers to OpenDNS for performance and content filtering purposes
- Updated Internet and Intranet pages running on IIS 6.0 server
- Installed and moved hardware as needed with regards to Clients’ business needs.
- Maintained Active Directory infrastructure by creating and maintaining users, organizational units (OU), computers/devices on the domain and security/distribution groups.
- Managed and applied group policy objects to specific user groups for security and access control
- Troubleshot network connectivity problems within LAN (Installing/Rebooting switches, wireless routers, UPS)
- Configured DNS, DHCP, WINS to ensure all machines could connect to network reliably, set DHCP reservations as needed.
- Used Symantec Ghost to create and restore images to desktops/laptops/servers
- Provided IT support for multiple locations including off-site Head Start centers
- Effectively built and managed relationships with senior management within Client environment
- Effectively worked with people and showed strong written and verbal skills
- Worked with vendors to help install specialized software on servers and secure static IP addresses for IP-based surveillance cameras
- Submitted quotes for hardware/software as needed
- Performed additional duties and accepted other responsibilities as assigned
- Implemented and used Spiceworks to create and manage IT requests, maintain inventory (800+ IT Assets such as Servers, Desktops, Laptops, Monitors etc.), and monitor network activity and performance.
Environment: Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Exchange 2003, VMware ESXi 4, 22 servers, 300+ users and over 350+ workstations, Team-Oriented
- Maintained backup tapes, loaded and unloaded tapes to server tape drives on schedule
- Used ARCServ Backup to create, modify and monitor backup jobs
- Prepare and send backup tapes to offsite storage
- Approved Change Requests
- Modify Change Requests
- Writing Documentation for various procedures
- Installed and updated internally developed software on live, in-production application servers
- Ran database queries in Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Managed virtualized servers in VMware infrastructure client
- P2V Migration
- Exported and imported SSL Certificates for renewal
- Used remote software such as DameWare, pcAnywhere and Remote Desktop to manage and maintain local and off site servers
- Rolled voice traffic on phone lines to allow for maintenance and load balancing
- Rolled web traffic using telnet client
- Logged into VPNs for various State and City governments to fix certificate issues, update interactive voice recording source files, run database queries, install and update software
- Uploaded encrypted files to FTP server
- Rotated 24/7 on call pager
- Troubleshot issues with various servers that housed functions such as: