- To seek an opportunity where my background, training and experience will significantly contribute to the company’s success, and provide an opportunity for my professional and technical career growth.
- EMC ECC/TimeFinder version 5.1, EMC/SRDF;A, Navisphere Manager, Hitachi storage navigator/Truecopy, IBM/Extended Remote Copy (XRC) Legato version 4.0, TCPIP, Telnet, SNMP, HP OpenView, Ciena 2000 Oncenter, McData CD9000, Escon & Ficon channel directors, and DWDM technology.
- Big Brother, Nagios, SiteScope, F5, SolarWinds, MRTG, Q Pasa, CISCO IDS and Fog light.
- Extensive knowledge of various computer operating systems such as: IBM /ZOS, IBM OS390, MVS, Microsoft office suite and Unix/Sun Solaris.
- Proven ability to manage and implement information technology system software/hardware upgrades.
- Extensive knowledge interfacing with customers to resolve issues using various vendor supplied software and network tools to support customers LAN, WAN.SAN, and MAN environments.
- Responsible for following Business Continuity procedures during Disaster Recovery Events.
- Strong customer service problem resolution, escalation, and strategic planning skills.
- Performed LUN Masking using Hitachi Storage Navigator.
- Demonstrated ability to provide 1st & 2nd level support for high availability technology solutions, production support, Network Operations Center and Data Center Operations.
- Provided network operations support. I.E. monitor/ troubleshoot/record WAN carrier issues, with telecommunication providers such as: ATT, Verizon, Level 3 and Q West.
- Performed replication, backup and restores utilizing multiple solutions in a multi - platform environment for mainframe, midrange, and open systems.
- Project management.
Sr. IT Infrastructure Technician
- Use of Automation (AFOPER) and Scheduling (ESP) packages and for ensuring that all system resources are operational.
- Operating and monitoring all online systems such as CICS, IMS, and DB2 and reporting all online system outages to the appropriate personnel.
- Accountable for responding to system console messages, performing IPL’s and documenting problems using Confidential ’s problem management system (Service Center).
- Answer calls to handle password resets, and reset logon ID’s on various applications as first-level information security for Confidential, other Blue Plans as well as other Provider Offices who access the Mainframe and Open Systems applications.
- Resolve calls concerning VPN & dialup issues when customers connect to Confidential remotely
- Provided after hours helpdesk support for any infrastructure issues: WAN problem resolution by engaging our network backbone carriers Verizon and ATT of any network issues being reported by our HP open view network monitoring tool. Utilizing monitoring tools for any hardware or software issues, and reporting these issues via service manager problem reporting system.
Sr. Computer Operator
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and operate multiple Unix based Operating Systems and engage appropriate support personnel for call escalation, and problem resolution.
- Provided Confidential Help Desk after hours user support (i.e. network connectivity issues, application support and triage related issue to the on call support personnel, if necessary).
- Monitor and troubleshoot all network alerts that are displayed on the Nagios Platform.
- Execute the Confidential production schedule on an IBM Tivoli Platform.
ConfidentialSr. Technical Application Support Analyst
- Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to Confidential high-speed Internet customers.
- Respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries, covering full range of customer services.
- Troubleshoot PC/CHSI/E-mail/modem and Confidential digital voice problems with customer.
- Responsible for problem resolution call tracking utilizing Remedy for tier 2 escalations.
- Sales representative for Confidential High Speed Internet (CHSI) products and Confidential digital voice services.
Sr. Technical Application Support Analyst
- Analyze server logs to identify potential issues within the production environment.
- Monitor servers responsible for providing a web interface to customer accounts.
- Facilitate the cycling of managed production and developmental servers as needed.
- Author of detailed technical analysis reports and recommendations for system issues.
- Facilitate immediate action response for outages with multi-billion dollar impacts.
- Perform integrative queries against online production servers.
- Work closely with internal support groups and external vendors to identify, resolve or coordinate the resolution of network, system and application related issues.
- Communicated daily KPI Reporting to the corporate internet group senior management team.
- Strong experience with network, application and system troubleshooting, monitoring tools, responding to alarm conditions through email alerts and opening problem report tickets in remedy by their priority and executing the processes and procedures set forth by the corporate internet group.
- Able to triage issues quickly and provide on-call resolvers critical information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to quickly process information: correlate, disseminate, and make appropriate risk based decisions.
- Ability to adapt and use process documentation to perform thorough investigation of production issues.