- Progressive, strategy driven Information Technology consultant with proven track record within federal agencies, as an instructor within the corporate arena and as a sales engineer.
- Recognized as an ITIL Expert working as process consultant, ITIL consultant, Configuration and Change analyst consulting to large IT enterprises and global help desk initiatives.
- Record of success as an ITIL Expert and senior level professional
- Noteworthy history as an ITSM process engineer lead, technical team lead, data center manager and data migration solutions expert.
- Exceptional delivery record in organizational and business improvement with a special focus on IT processes and growth planning to include data center management, organizational policy development, configuration and change management, vendor selection and hw/sw purchasing, customer consulting in the order of business process development, strategy planning, organizational design and development and growth planning
Hardware HP Servers rpxx, Integrity, PA - Risc, Itanium, Proliant; IBM AS400, RS6000 series
Operating Systems MCP, HP CSE, Red Hat Linux, AIX
Network Protocols/Storage HP EVA SAN, HP Storageworks, EMC Clariion, Symmetrix, Celera, NetApp, Cisco Catalyst, ME series, Brocade
Software/Services Oracle 9i, 10G, Omniback, NNM, OpenView, Remedy, ServiceNow, BMC Patrol, Legato Networker, Veritas Cluster Server, Veritas Netbackup, BEA WebLogic, Apache, RMAN, LVM, EMC
PROFESSIONAL CONSULTING HISTORY:
Confidential, Columbus, Indiana
ITSM Consultant, Process Architect
- Performed GAP Analysis of global helpdesk processes for Confidential and worked with global process owners to re-engineer processes for CM, PM, IM, and Release managements, and CMDB collaboration
- In support of Remedy 7.0 to Remedy 7.6.1 upgrade project including tools integration, process engineering and ITSM implementation utilizing ITIL v3 methodology
- Led process design team in the adoption of best practices for process improvements in Incident, Problem, Change and Release workshops and customer interfacing
- Collaborated with global worldwide leaders and process owners to redesign helpdesk procedures, perform taxonomy classification and categorization tasks with Remedy application owner. Led the software architecture design review and customized changes to platform requirements.
- Gathered customer requirements for custom tool development needs adopting ITIL best practices.
- Led workshop activities for re-engineering IM, PM, Change, Release processes.
- Collaborated on the design of Atrium CMDB in a federated data fed configuration environment.
ITIL Expert & CMMI Consultant
- Facilitated CMMI maturity assessments on IT architecture infrastructure processes
- Recommendations for maturity modeling tool improvement experienced software redesign process***
- Facilitated ITIL small group and led discussions of ITIL framework.
- Mentored coworkers and performed one-on-one coaching on ITIL & CMMI concepts.
- Performed in-depth data center infrastructure assessment
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Project Manager/Data Center Solutions Consultant
- Data Center operations consultant and process lead of ITSM platform implementation strategies for ITSM processes consisting of Event, Incident, Problem, Change, Release & CMDB analysis
- Engineered organizational change processes and implemented initiatives across organization to implement newly designed policy.
- Established Incident management processes and developed curriculum for implementing
- Included the development of escalation procedures, break-fix resolution practices RCA &, Problem resolution practices, application rollout processes diagnosis & repair, system patching.
- CMDB design solution, developed and implemented change and release mgmt processes using SDLC method, Incident Management and escalation procedures for global help desk, developed KMDB with best practice procedural guidelines, and CMDB design solution.
- Performance optimization of servers running Oracle 10G databases utilizing RMAN to Veritas Netbackup for enterprise backups.
- Capacity planning and scheduling and performance tuning of UNIX server and cluster systems
- Led the organization thru Configuration and Change management initiatives, established organizational policy, IT change processes, launched the development of CMDB and was heavily involved in process design and performance improvement programs.
- Developed programs, facilitated workshops, and performed employee skills assessments purposed toward organizational growth and employee retention.
- Performed vendor interfacing, tool selection, and deployed Service-Now as a discovery agent populating CMDB and for all ITSM processes Change, Incident, Problem, Release managements.
- Led the redesign of EMC Clariion SAN infrastructure including LUN resizing, volume group and logical volume distributions - highly intensive LVM procedures; deployment of new storage arrays and data migration with newly distributed databases.
Unix Engineer/Data Center Migration Consultant
- Consulting on a team of UNIX engineers &data migration specialists working with HP to perform a data center migration for Pepsi-Co during a data center consolidation/merger.
- Global change process designs engineered to secure the data center migration involving HP/HDS SAN storage including EMC 3000series Clariion, DMX, and HP-EVA SAN arrays.
- HP UNIX servers were configured with Lpar and Vpar clusters with environments running on Superdomes on both PA-RISC and Itanium processors.
- Designed CMDB to track and monitor equipment migration movement and maintain authentic state of environment during fiscal quarter asset movement.
- As a sales engineer supporting pre-sales and post-sales engagements, I worked as design and build engineer suppor ted customers for brief engagements during the expansion and modernization phases of infrastructure growth. Build designs were custom solutions in SAN/NAS storage networking, specializing in EMC solutions (Clariion, Celera, VMWare)
- Customer partnerships involved aiding the design and strategic planning of IT growth plans aligned with business practices and corporate goals in architecting a custom so lutions
- Performed problem solving and incident management services in support of Legato Networker .
- Upgrade d planning and risk management for enterprise upgrade of Legato Networker 6.3 to 7.2
- Disaster recovery planning involved 5 yr growth strategies for custom SAN/NAS solutions .
- Developed strategic corporate partner relationships with software product vendors to leverage channel partner sales relations to engage Confidential in the enterprise space.
ITIL Consultant, Infrastructure & Data Center Analyst
- Performed GAP Analysis for the Confidential to perform ITIL based infrastructure discovery and perform gap analysis against best practice s and propose recommendations towards stabilizing a critical enterprise server & storage UNIX environment - AIX, HP, Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Enterprise resource planning included business analysis and realignment of business processes along with provisioning new equipment and change management practices.
- Server consolidation, capacity planning and availability management process design constructs
- Strategic planning tasks demonstrated in GAP Analysis proposal for 3 year growth plan for vendor specified consolidation efforts aligned with business, mission and corporate goals.
- Server utilization reporting for benchmarking performance and monitor unchecked growth patterns with recommendations for vendor specific consolidation efforts integrating virtualization technologies
- Recommendations for server upgrades, improvements to architectural design, enterprise monitoring, security, and business process improvements.
- Made architectural recommendations for consolidating and isolating the enterprise backup infrastructure with upgrade procedures to Legato Networker 6.3.
- Performed assessment of disaster recovery plans and risk analyses of coup site complete with best practice recommendations for standardizing the environment.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Data Center Manager/Technical Lead
- Performed role of Unix, Windows and help desk support technical lead and ran data center managed service operations from perspective of ownership Problem, Change & Asset Management, Warranty & SLA monitor
- Involving all software releases, capacity planning, performance tuning, problem resolution and incident management, KMDB and led hardware replacement and consolidation activities.
- ITIL V2 process design methods used for designing IM, PM, Change, Security policy
- Project activities included nationwide DNS migration supported on Red Hat Linux, storage consolidation of HP StorageWorks, HP EVA, Blade Servers and EMC SAN technologies. Implementation of Active Directory services. Capacity planning/purchasing and change mgmt.
- Led ITSM organizational policy and change process efforts
- Participated in nationwide DNS migration/consolidation of 9 operational divisions of USHHS
- Enterprise resource planning included business analysis across multiple and diverse departments
- Managed server/storage configurations and developed documentation specs for build designs.
- Served as technical lead for all server/storage purchase and deployments (HP, IBM, EMC)
Confidential, Washington, DC
Data Center Lead
- Provided UNIX & SAN storage lead for all deployments and build designs of rp4400 and rp7410 servers.
- RCA activities for all enterprise performance issues as being related to kernel configurations, improperly configured NFS and SAMBA, and data distribution, application rebuilds, SAN related issues, etc.
- ITSM Change Management and performed all custom kernel rebuilds on UNIX servers with specific performance tuning measures for optimizing Oracle 9i to run on HP-UX 11i.
- Disaster/Recovery planning involved Legato Networker and Veritas Netbackup enterprise provisions.
- Supported Oracle 9i databases running on various locally attached Confidential disks, fiber attached drives configured as a localized and dedicated SAN for single host access, and our production database running Oracle 9i Real Application Cluster (RAC) in parallel over our STK d178 SAN Oracle RAC runs on top of MC ServiceGuard OPS.
- Root cause analyses identified misconfigurations, SAN storage configuration issues, and design bottlenecks that led to a team driven redesign of our network and business operations.
- Led the research, wrote the proposals, and strategized a new business model involving new hardware and software implementations; network redesign (isolating test, development and production environments). Project managed new server and SAN storage implementations.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Unix Team Lead
- Responsibilities involved configuration management of a new HP server database environment running Oracle 9i on HP-UX 11i, WebLogic Application Server, MC ServiceGuard and VERITAS apps, Confidential
- Personal responsibilities included building a two node Confidential cluster on an rp7400 and a hard partitioned rp8400 running HP-UX 11i, configured Oracle 9i onto newly deployed NetApp NAS storage environment. Out of the box build and configuration of Network Appliance file servers supporting NAS accessed Oracle environment supported by MC Service Guard and configured with Vpar and Npar virtual partitio ns
- Installed Oracle 9i database to spec. Configured automatic startup/shutdown scripts with Confidential high availability services configured, tested, and certified to best practice specs.
- Implementation of Veritas Netbackup 4.5 for local and remote backups, with integrated cloning and replication over fiber for disaster recovery planning, for Confidential clustered server environment running Oracle 9i in support of a multi-database environment.
- Configured for capacity and availability planning.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Proje ct lead and solutions architect for HP VA and EVA storage subsystem architecture designs.
- Business development and vendor interfacing to provide value added custom design solutions.
- Performed trend analysis and problem solving strategies toward providing customer solutions
- Sales engineer for a sales team dedicated to providing storage solutions and client support for SAN and NAS environments utilizing HP VA disk arrays, SanMaster and OmniBack.
- Project lead engineer on multiple cluster server expansions and kernel design builds.