- Sr. Network Engineer/Architect with more than 14 years of expertise in Designing, Implementing and Troubleshooting various Network Technologies.
- Background includes hands - on experience, specializing in Cisco Environment in Data Center, LAN / WAN and Security
- Designed and Implemented Cisco Nexus Platform, Cisco UCS & HP Virtual Connect Flex10
- Expert in Data Center Technologies such as vPC, VDC, VSS, STP, FCoE, OTV & FabricPath
- Highly Experienced in Cisco Catalyst 6500 Platform and its Service Modules
- Implemented Load Balancing solutions on F5 BIG-IP LTM, Cisco CSM & Array APV/TMX
- Implemented Firewall Security in compliance with PCI on Cisco ASA,FWSM & Checkpoint
- Demonstrated record of success in managing existing IT projects and implementing new IT projects on time, also an Excellent Team Player, quick learner and a fast thinker
- Data Center
- Network Design
- Network Implementation
- Network Support
- Project Management
Nexus: Nexus 48 UP / 32 PP / 2248 TP / 1000 V
UCS: Fabric Interconnect 6248/6120, IOM 2208/2204/2104 , B200 M2, HP VC FLEX-10
Switches: Cisco Catalyst VSS 1 50- X / 2960
Routers: Cisco Routers ASR / 2600
ANS: F5 BIG-IP LTM 6900/6400, Array APV 5200/2600/TMX 5000, Cisco CSM, CSS
Firewall: ASA 5585/5520, FWSM, Checkpoint 4200/Nokia IP-560, Cisco PIX 535/525
VPN: ASA 5520, Cisco Concentrator 3030, Nortel Contivity Extranet 1500
NMS: NAM, Sniffer, Solarwinds NPM, Cisco Secure ACS 5.2,CiscoWorks, Cacti, Syslog-ng
OS: Linux, HP-UX, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, Windows
Confidential, Champaign, IL
Senior Network Engineer / Architect
- Designed and Configured Nexus 7000/5000/2000 in Top of Rack & End of Row Architecture for a Scalable Production Network that supports Rack & Blade server architecture in a Multi-Tenancy environment using vPC, VDC & VRF
- Designed and Implemented Nexus 7K/5K/2K and Catalyst 6500/4900/3750- X in a complex DC Core/Aggregation/Access layer on a 10G backbone in Production and DR Data Center
- Migrated Servers from 6500 Platform to Nexus without any application outage
- Designed and Deployed Service Switching layer with 6500 platform for Firewall and Load Balancing Services for WEB and APP server Cloud on the Nexus platform
- Redesigned and Implemented Campus LAN with 6500 Platform on Core/Distribution/Access /Perimeter model on 10G backbone
- Designed and Implemented Cisco UCS pods in Nexus 7000 and Cisco 6500 Platform
- Configured UCS Fabric Interconnects 20
- Configure UCS Manager by defining Service Profile Template, Policies & Pools for Production Servers and DR Servers
- Design and Configure the vNIC & vHBA Fabric/Templates based on Application bandwidth requirement
- Designed Virtualization and Cloud computing on UCS platform for a huge cost savings by reducing port costs of MDS and 6500 switches by implementing DCB/FCoE and reducing Cabling, Power & Cooling costs
- Work with Storage team to configure FCoE in our existing SAN Network and also build 10G based NAS solutions with IBM Storewize on the fly 10G Storage Compression
- Installed and Configured highly available HP Virtual Connect FLEX-10 Architecture for Citrix and Linux server farm to provide 10G network bandwidth to Servers
- Designed and Installed HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 on both Nexus vPC and Catalyst 6500 Platform
- Designed and Implemented Overlay Network Management Network to manage all our Production Devices with Syslog, Cisco Secure ACS, TACACS+ and Solarwinds NPM
- Analyze and Troubleshoot Network Performance issues with Cisco NAM & Distributed Sniffer
- Installed and Configured Cisco ASA G Firewall at Database & App Server Layer
- Installed and Configured Checkpoint Firewall in Internet Edge
- Installed and Configured Cisco FWSM firewall on a context based design on backend
- Configured/Troubleshoot Site to Site VPN tunnels with our clients on Cisco ASA 5500 Platform
- Installed and Configured F5 BIG-IP LTM load balancer for Weblogic farm for SSL & SLB
- Installed and Configured Array Networks APV/TMX appliance for SLB, SSL Acceleration, Caching & Compression
- Installed and Configured Cisco CSM Load balancer as SLB for various application in backend
- Worked on Data Center WAN cloud comprising of OC12/OC3/DS3/T1/E1
- Experienced in Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco Routers ASR 1000/7600//7300/7200/3900
- Experienced in Configuring/Troubleshooting Routing Protocols EIGRP/OSPF/BGP/RIP/IS-IS
- Experienced in Configuring/Troubleshooting WAN Technologies MPLS/Sonet/ATM/Frame-Relay/HDLC/PPP on Cisco Routers
- Designed/Implemented IPv6 on Catalyst 6500 platform to test our products compatibility issues on IPv6 protocol
- Design and Deploy Network Design with a detailed Implementation and Test Plan
- Works closely with Customers in determining the business needs for a Project and build Detail design which includes Data Flow diagram, Logical and Physical Diagram
- Perform Design, Implementation & Change Control Script review across organization
- Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves
- Constantly Monitor & Analyze Network Performance to detect problems and find ways to improve the Network
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems in the Data Center Environment
- Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues
- Involved in various POC to test drive new Products/Technologies that would Value add to our Data Center Operations
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
- Responsible for providing 24/7 Infrastructure support at Network Operations Center
- Managed a Team of 10 comprising of Network Engineers, DBA’s, Unix Administrators & Windows Administrators
- Manage all aspects of Network Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting networking issues and security breaches
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco 7206/3660/3640/2600/2500 series routers
- Installed and configured Cisco Catalyst switch 6506/4006/3548/2924 XL on a VLAN
- Configured VPN tunnels on Cisco IOS, PIX Firewall, Cisco VPN Concentrator and Nortel Contivity in establishing Extranet Connectivity to clients
- Designed and Installed Cisco PIX Firewall and Cisco Router on a DMZ
- Designed and Implemented various Routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP across networks in multiple locations
- Technologies supported (but not limited to) include dial up connections, ISDN, frame relay, T1/E1,ATM,MPLS, HSRP, NAT, Quality of Service, Voice over IP,WLAN, Redistribution
- Develop baseline/standard security configurations for network equipment and systems
- Always actively involved in new projects discussion/establishing connectivity to new clients sites
- Designed and Installed enterprise WAN network, which is Redundant with automatic fail over capabilities to support growing data network and future voice network
- Designed and implemented VLAN using CISCO Layer 3/2 switches on a Gigabit Fiber Backbone for a campus of 1500+ users
- Introduced VOIP in to organization to cut costs and with primary focus on ROI
- Introduced WLAN and Remote Access VPN to increase Productivity
- Introduced new procedures to improve Network Security
- Started as Network Engineer and grew with the organization to Lead and Manage the team
- Chiefly responsible for Designing and Deploying Cisco LAN/WAN. LAN implementation and support. Installation and configuration of Cisco 3600/2600/2500 Routers in WAN and Cisco Catalyst switches in LAN.
- Configured EIGRP & OSPF protocols on Cisco routers and VLAN’s on Cisco Catalyst switches. Set up and configured Cisco PIX firewall, while developing and designing the NT Domain structure, user management and backup strategy.
- Implemented Windows NT domain, domain name services, e-mail, Web, and FTP services.
- Administration of servers on Microsoft Cluster on Windows NT through Cluster Administrator1.0.
- Responsible for CISO (Citi corp Information Security Organization) implementation on all NT Servers; security violation tracking; capacity planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Successfully implemented Microsoft FTP server on a MS Cluster 1.0 on IBM Netfinity 5500 Cluster hardware
- Performed various projects while successfully migrating data to new systems and remote locations
Customer Support Executive (Networks)
- Served as a Customer Support Executive, actively involved in providing the Network services to various clients.
- Installed and Configured Cisco 3600/2600/2500 routers and Cisco Catalyst switches.
- Configured RIP, EIGRP & OSPF routing protocols in Cisco routers.
- Troubleshooting any Routing related problems across various different network.
- Implemented Queuing policies on Congested Serial links.
- Diagnosed and resolved network connectivity issues.
- Configured Dial in access for mobile users in Cisco Routers.
- Implemented Security on Routers through Access list.
- Planned and setup of NT Domain structure, user management and backup strategy
- Met Customer expectations in Designing and Implementing scalable Network
- Performed various projects successfully by minimizing network downtime