- To apply my expertise in computer programming, analysis and problem solving to new and challenging projects.
Confidential, Middletown, Connecticut
Senior Application Specialist
- Serve as hands - on lead / developer for MiddleOak’s insurance policy writing application.
- Work with Development Consultants, system engineers and project managers to create and review technical and functional requirements.
- Review and approve design and test deliverables for projects.
- Monitor application code quality through development, test and QA.
- Participate in addressing root cause analyses, incident reports and provide direction in problem resolution.
- Ensure compliance with system architecture, security and technology standards.
- Ensure compliance with change control and release management process.
- Provide on-call application support.
- Enhance, develop and support projects and enhancements to Confidential ’s Navigator Member Healthcare suite. Applications are Java/J2EE Spring based.
- Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
- Serve as a point contact for onshore and offshore development team members.
- Participate as a member or lead in Agile teams and work with the product owner to review user stories, estimate and create sprint backlogs, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives.
- Conduct peer code reviews with team members and third party vendors.
- Review implementation plans and participate in product installations.
- Production support tasks, which include: responding to service tickets and service requests within established time criteria, maintaining internal reports to track outages and assist with future problem resolution.
- Hands-on Java/STA4J developer / lead in re-platforming of existing legacy AR/AP financial systems. Technology employed - Java/J2EE/Oracle, JSF/Rich Faces, and Hibernate/JPA/EJBs.
- Prepares and communicates progress on team/project activity.
- Work with the application architect to ensure project development design and solution meets application and enterprise standards.
- Interpret business use case into functional/technical artifacts and proto-typing.