- More than 26 years of progressive management experience with 10 years in information systems management and support with recognized expertise in system administration.
- Ability to hire qualified and motivated staff and mold them into an effective team.
- Provided leadership for information support team operations in a dynamic and high stress work environment.
- Ability to motivate and lead various groups of people including training to improve the skill set of information systems employees.
- Recognized by peers and staff as a proactive manager and solid professional.
- Ability to see the big picture, with a clear eye on solving issues that may be hindering operations.
- Ability to directly brief generals, officers, staff and department leadership on status of the network and other highly critical aspects of information systems infrastructure during weekly meetings.
- Ability to work with high profile clients and diverse customers and able to communicate highly technical information in an understandable way.
- Ability to provide hands - on in dealing with issues and problem solving, showing professional judgment and ability to work with others to reach the optimal results.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Systems Administrator / Manager
- Provided testing and evaluation of emerging technologies in IT field including WAN networks and Network Attached Storage (NAS) technologies. Maintains all networks, server and other computer systems in area of responsibility.
- Planned and scheduled install of new Dell and Compaq/ HP servers, related hardware and applications. Installed VMware ESX servers.
- Managed Information Assurance policies and process. Communications Security Manager. Trained all staff members to ensure quality client service and information security. Documented all issues, systems changes and operation procedures.
- Responsible for administration of Exchange Server 2003, Windows Servers 2003 and 2008.
- Ensured system integrity by using Retina security scanners and kept all systems patched with latest updates by managing Patch Management and IAVA installs.
- Briefed senior leadership (2 and 4 star generals) on new and revised command policies and their impact on current systems and plans.
- Delivered support in several technical areas: Systems Engineering; Systems Administration; Systems Security; Configuration Management; Training; and Patch Maintenance.
- Performed daily and weekly backups on Unclassified and Secret networks for disaster recovery.
Site Manager/ Lead System Administrator
- Hired, trained and evaluated all IT staff assigned to location. Responsible for daily operation and maintenance of server and network infrastructure to support
- Developed and engineered new software and hardware requirements to support client requirements.
- Planned and implemented necessary hardware, software and configurations changes as needed.
- As Site Security Officer (SSO) and COMSEC Manager, developed, maintained and implemented security policies, audit security logs, update anti-virus definitions on servers and workstations, and ensure proper filtering of non-business email.
- Maintained security procedures to guard against unauthorized access with IDS hardware.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Provided highest level of support in a three-tiered technical support model for 2 and 4 star generals and several hundred staff.
- Developed and implemented a hands-on training program for entire senior staff.
- Performed systems backups, end-user file recovery, and disaster recovery of systems, network troubleshooting, and other tasks to keep system functioning correctly.
- Installed and configured operating systems and application software as it was developed using SMS.
- While working with system engineers, conducted system upgrades and other projects and extends existing systems to support new locations or functionality.
- Trained users on most recent versions of Windows (XP), Excel, Outlook and other software packages.
- Participated as a member of integration teams to install new hardware and software on existing networks, including full-range testing of old and new components for compatibility, functionality and supportability.
- Assisted in development and deployment of major hardware, software, and database migrations.
- Implemented a Windows 2000 migration plan for over 1800 users.
Senior Systems Administrator
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Provided 24/7 tier-three computer and network support for client organizations in two physical locations in Richmond area.
- Provided support for approximately 300 users and 10 Servers.
- Responsible for problem isolation, software installation, networks connectivity issues, hardware upgrades, client PC configuration, and mail configuration.
- Acted as Migration Coordinator and organized and participated in system migration from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95 for 95 users and computers.
- Traveled to support sites in other states and provided assistance in setting up networks and computers.
- Supported software including Office 97, SAP, On Net, Lotus Notes, Lexus Nexus, mainframe applications and Microsoft Outlook.