- IT professional with extensive experience in manufacturing across diverse industry sectors including medical devices, healthcare, apparel, non - profits, manufacturing, distribution, mid-size and large companies.
- Expertise in broad-based systems and software design, development, implementation, validation, and support.
- Demonstrated ability to lead regional and participate in enterprise level projects.
- Successfully applied industry best practices while balancing the management of resources, budgets, and technology. Proven abilities in leading results driven technical teams.
- Effective in multi-tasking in a fast paced environment while maintaining an emphasis on quality.
- Analytical Skills
- Goal Oriented
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Management
- Communication Skills
- Software / Device Testing / Validation
- Customer Focused
- Business Analysis / Risk Management
- Root Cause Analysis and Trouble Shooting Skills
HARDWARE: AS400, SYSTEM38, SYSTEM36, IBM 43XX, PC s, Networks, Servers, Routers, Telecom, RF, Wireless, Hand Held Devices, KeyTroller, Data Collection, Warehouse Automation, Balances, Scales, Ph Meters, Colorimeters
SOFTWARE: DOS, MS Windows XX, RPG ILE, CLP, MS OFFICE, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, Visual Basic, Peake, RDC, TeamViewer, LogMeIn, Remote Communication / Support Tools, VSS, Accurev, CVS, Subversion, AVAYA, Various MS Office Add-ons, Diagnostic Tools, Bar coding, Time Accounting, Various LIS / HIS Systems, SDK, Various ERP Systems (SAP, BPCIS, ASI, Tracis), Documentum, Product Complaint Tracking Systems, HP Service Desk, BMC Remedy, Peregrine
Confidential, WESTMINSTER, MD
Senior Level Systems Analyst
- Led and participated on a team for “Proof of Concept” during the Windows 7 migration.
- Responsible for analysis, implementation, and remediation of custom computer systems for regional Windows 7 migration project.
- Provided customer with business Impact Analysis for system upgrades.
- Participated on hardware refresh project.
- Organized, scheduled, and implemented hardware refreshes for a local organization with multiple locations.
- Installed, documented, and supported Point Of Sale hardware for local business.
- Provided analysis of validation and verification documents to ensure all aspects of the User Requirement Specifications were being tested for local organization.
Confidential, COCKEYSVILLE, MD
IT TEAM LEAD NETWORK SERVICES
- Enforced quality project management processes to demonstrate compliance with corporate project management standards.
- Met and engaged with IT clients and other divisional stakeholders face-to-face, via telephone, and through email to establish relationships, understand requirements, and communicate s or issues.
- Facilitated projects through their normal life-cycle (SDLC / CSV / Toll Gate Process), from initiation to closure, using sound project management disciplines.
- Provided leadership and clear instructions to project teams while effectively communicating with management and stakeholders.
- Provided technical expertise within multiple disciplines and provided strategic direction, guidance, and integration of products and services for local, remote, and global business units. .
- Designed, created, and implemented formal validation protocols such as Install Qualifications, Operational Qualifications, and Performance Qualifications ( IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Improved divisional and departmental operations and customer relations by focusing on associates strengths and the elimination inefficient and duplicate processes.
- Provided functional leadership to program staff through coaching, mentoring, and other staff development approaches.
- Key contributor to the development strategy and implementation of systems such as Recipe Management (MES), Warehouse Automation, Laboratory Automation, Manufacturing Automation, and Manufacturing Execution System Interfaces (MESI). Implemented processes that adhered to best practices in the support of the organization’s goals.
- Evaluated the performance of the teams through formal reviews, and several statistical and reporting methods and models.
- Supported and modified legacy and current systems used within the organization.
IT APPLICATION TEAM LEAD
- Supervised three senior analysts, and a Data Base Administrator, in Client Server environments.
- Analyzed, designed, implemented, and supported a suite of custom scientific systems and software applications.
- Contributed to developing an enterprise SDLC process.
- Followed the new SDLC process to modify custom applications in support of new and existing products.
- Converted legacy manufacturing and order processing systems to SAP. Manufacturing Execution System (MES) analysis, implementation, and support.
- Implemented various custom Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) that integrated scales, balances, and other instrument interfaces while supporting and modifying existing applications.
- Designed and implemented a software source control process in order to increase source code integrity.
- Assumed all analysis, design, coding, and implementation of manufacturing applications for the entire division, including 4 remote locations.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Analyzed, designed, coded, implemented, and supported a custom LIS system that reduced production errors by 40%.
- Converted legacy manufacturing and order processing systems to SAP. Manufacturing Execution System analysis, implementation, and support.
- Implemented various 3rd party Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) that integrated scales, balances, and other instrument interfaces while supporting and modifying existing applications.
- Integrated five separate manufacturing and financial systems to one hardware and software platform.
- Interfaced BPCS and ASI manufacturing systems to TRACIS, a custom manufacturing, financial, and order processing system.
- Led the conversion and inventory interface coding processes between the systems.
- Accomplished the international item codification project which standardized the UPC codes for all BD products.
- Served as Lead Programmer in the creation of a Visual Basic system that allows automatic E-mailing of the monthly contract renewals to the field sales force eliminating the prior labor intensive and time consuming manual process.
- Supported all systems including Finance, Marketing, R&D, Distribution, Sales, Manufacturing, Warehouse Management, Laboratory Automation, and Quality / Document Control.
Confidential, BALTIMORE, MD
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST
- Analyzed, designed, coded and implemented a manufacturing floor data collection system which used Visual Basic to capture shop floor data such as run speed, product weights, and shipping information.
- Supported and modified the billing system, packing list creation, on-line table maintenance, bill of material systems, apparel matrix systems, and numerous other on-line programs.
- Supported and modified the order entry/inventory client server system for Confidential.
- Implemented and supported EDI.
Confidential, BALTIMORE, MD
PROGRAMMER ANALYST / OPERATIONS MANAGER
- Supported and maintained the RPG based manufacturing environment for a packaging printer.
- Implemented IBM’s Entry Level Facility hardware to capture manufacturing data and record associates time spent doing each step in the process for efficiencies and for labor reporting.
- Performed all operational tasks including AS/400 tuning, nightly, weekly, and monthly processing. Implemented a backup and restore process for disaster recovery.