- Specializing In - Virtualization | Provisioning Bare-metal Servers | Big Data | Data Warehouse Administration
- Senior Systems Engineer with more than 15 years’ supporting Enterprise Data Center operations in the technology operations sector.
- Well versed in supporting and provisioning bare-metal servers that support virtualization strategies in a number of environments utilizing industry standard technologies including ESX/VMware and Oracle VM.
- Extensive experience with configuration, administration, automation, and implementation of UNIX and Windows based operating systems.
- Red Hat Linux | ESX/VMware | Virtuozzo | Xen | Veritas | Veritas Cluster Server | Windows Server
- Volume Manager, LVM | Solaris UNIX| Solaris LDOMS and Zones| Big Data - Hadoop, Cassandra, GlusterFS
- Bash Shell Scripting | Virtualization technologies | Oracle VM | Java |Linux |Active Directory
- Oracle OpsCenter | HP Software Server Automation (Opsware)
Unix/Linux Systems Engineer
- Supported Oracle Solaris Bare metal servers, CDOMs, LDOMS and zones.
- Utilized Oracle OpsCenter, NAGIOS and BPPM for systems management. RHEL 6 and 7
Staff Systems Engineer
- Supported two large Data Centers with over 1,000 bare- metal servers and 25,000+ ESX/VMware virtualized servers.
- Utilized ESX/VMware with Red Hat Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems to provision and support both virtualized servers and bare-metal servers.
- Built Linux - based systems with leading edge server hardware to replace legacy systems comprised of multiple hardware/software solutions.
- Provisioned and supported bare-metal servers with Red Hat Storage Solutions baseline for several Big Data applications including Cassandra, Hadoop, and GlusterFS.
- Utilized HP OpenView, HP Software Server Automation (Opsware) combined with Bash shell scripting to automate common procedures to large groups of servers.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Supported Solaris on a number of varied architectures including systems as large as 12/15k.
- Virtualized Solaris OS using Solaris Containers
- Solaris clusters utilizing Veritas Cluster Server and Veritas Volume Manager.
- Completed a successful pilot configuring Linux servers to authenticate with Active Directory.
- Deployed a full rollout to all Linux servers.
- Installed, configured and maintained monitoring applications on a large number of servers.