Extensive experience as a Software Engineer working in a variety of industries. Assembly language experience includes 8051, x86, Z80, 6502 and 6800. Experienced doing work on real - time Embedded systems. Maintained Visual C++ third party applications.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: IBM/PC (MS/DOS), Windows95, WindowsNT, Windows 2K, Windows XP
- Responsible for helping customers making copy sending/receiving Faxes and shipping packages.
- Preparing customer items for shipment.
- Helping customers resolve problems including but not limited to lost or damaged packages.
- Ordering supplies needed for shipping and other needs.
- Opening and closing of store, along with making nightly deposits.
- Work with clients to determine intended web audience and best way to reach them.
- Design, develop and test web based user interface based on customer needs.
- Develop web pages using HTML, ASP, PHP, MySQL.
- Used Photoshop7 for developing graphics.
- Responsible for receiving new code builds from our vendors Confidential and Confidential used to develop our analog modems.
- Developed firmware for an embedded modem for a battery powered Credit Card reader. One of the main concerns was its ability to go into and recover from sleep mode to conserve power.
- Worked with our vendors developing the new V92 standard.
- Design, implement and document code changes to Microcode received from our vendor. This included a Z80 C++ code for a micro-controller-based line of modems.
- Design, implement and document code changes to Microcode received from our vendor. This included a L27 micro-controller based line of modems.
- Designed, developed and tested a new line of EMBEDDED modems for Credit Card Scanning company.
- Designing changes to Visual C++ code for a new line of DSL modems.
- Customized Third Party software using the Microsoft Visual C++ Resource editor.
- Maintain released Microcode documentation.
- Designed, developed and tested enhancements to the Remote Maintenance Processor (RMP).
- This application is written primarily in Microsoft C. The RMP performs data acquisition using from 1 to 4 DigiBoards. Each DigiBoard contains 8 serial ports.
- This allows the RMP bi-directional communication with up to 32 devices.
- Designed, developed and tested a terminate and stay resident (TSR) WATCHDOG program written in x86 assembly.
- Designed, developed and implemented tests scripts in AUTOMATOR QA to perform regression testing on Confidential ²’s mass storage unit for Mainframe Systems (Symmetrix).
- These systems are fault tolerant storage devices for mainframe systems, running Mission Critical applications.
- Member of a team to convert DOS based systems in interoperability lab to Windows95. This provided the ability to upgrade microcode on Symmetrix systems via network connections, eliminating the need for diskettes.
- Developed and tested scripts written in SYMPL, an Confidential ² proprietary language. These scripts performed maintenance and upgrade handling for Confidential < -- -->² Symmetrix Systems
- As part of a cross-functional team, participated in the development of a GUI platform to execute SYMPL scripts on a WindowsNT desktop.
- Developing Filter program in Microsoft C++ 5.0 on a WindowsNT desktop.
- As a Consulting Programmer/Analyst, worked for a major computer manufacturer, maintaining OS/400 Operational software.
- Performed Reliability Availability Installability Serviceability Environments (RAISE) testing on the AS/400 system.
- Gained extensive experience in software/hardware development, testing and maintenance. Performed configuration management.
- Designed, developed, tested and maintained, "terminate and stay resident" serial communication device drivers in 80x86 Assembly and C in an MS DOS environment.
- These device drivers communicated to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- As a Consulting Programmer/Analyst, I worked for a Major Computer Retailer, maintaining retail point-of-sale (POS) systems.
- Developed programs using 80x86 Assembly for automation of end of day closeout procedures.
Software Systems Programmer
- Developed and maintained test tools in 80x86 Assembly for Point of Sale (POS) Systems on IBM PCs.
- Maintained PCs in Lab areas for POS Systems using CROSSTALK.
- Designed, developed and tested Embedded System code for POS systems.
- Lead Software Engineer maintaining POS Application/Operating systems.
- Authored Functional Specifications used for POS system under development by a contracted vendor.
- Supported Project Management by developing test cases for future POS application software releases.
- Designed, developed and unit tested communication command and control (C3) drivers for Confidential .
- Developed software for Confidential System.
- Developed command and control message handler software.