- I am seeking a technical, full time position that will effectively utilize my education, training and experience in the field of Information Systems that offers professional challenge and growth opportunity.
- Cisco Works
- EXFO (Fibervision)
- HP Openview
- Frame Relay
- Network General
- Sun Workstation
- Wave and Windows NT.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Network IDS Security Analyst
- Present Provides monitoring and analysis of both user and system network traffic, IDS alerts, network and system logs using the Arcsight Systems Management Console
- Security Management System, and an array of open source products including Bro and Snort packages.
- Analyses abnormal system activity patterns and activities and create cases and escalate to PENCERT based on that analysis. Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used to support security operations.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Sr. Network Engineer
- Using Netcool, monitor and provide support for both the classified and unclassified networks for the
- Department of Army as well as other various government and military agencies. Identify, troubleshootescalate and/or resolve various circuit, router and switch related issues. Use Remedy to create, track and update network related authorized and unauthorized outages. Log into phone queue and answer all incoming customer calls. Configure and implement access control lists. Troubleshoot various platforms of
- Cisco, Extreme, and Juniper routers and switches Prepare daily reports for management and attend daily
- Mgt. Trouble and Change Ticket briefing.. Escort Pentagon Employees through ITA secured environments.
- Distribute combinations and keys to Pentagon personnel for physical access to telecom closets and other various secured environments based on their need to know and security level.
Confidential, Dulles, VA
Senior Network Operations Analyst
- 8/09 Monitor and maintain AOL Internal Computing Network and data centers equipment.
- Daily support and troubleshooting of network IP routing related problems including BGP, ISIS, and OSPF principles, policies and traffic engineering.
- Coordinate the implementation of router and switch upgrades both hardware and software in all data centers international and domestic.
- Implement Cisco router and Foundry switch configurations - troubleshooting of routing and switching problems.
- Identify and corrected network related problems and outages. Troubleshooting of Point-to-Point circuits T1, T3, and SONET OC3 - 192.
- Perform network analysis and network monitoring - 24/7 mission-critical environment. Configurationmaintenance and troubleshooting of Cisco 3550, 6500, 7600 series routers and switches, Juniper Networks
- M and T-series routers and Foundry switches. Providing a quick response, including troubleshooting and repair, to network outages during that period. Coordinate and participate in conference calls during network utages to support engineering and crisis management teams in resolving issues. Troubleshoot LAN Media and Circuit Transmission problems. Works with external providers (LEC, CLEC, ISP's) to report and troubleshoot connectivity problems. Monitors systems status using online tools and reacts to changes in expected patterns and in a timely manner. Receives and coordinates maintenance notices on production calendar and seeks additional information from external sources to ensure consistency in reporting outages.
- Takes on the duties and responsibilities of NOC Manager when needed.