- Accomplished systems administrator with more than 20 years of experience with server infrastructures and data - center operations across multiple platforms (Unix, Linux, Windows). Able to effectively plan, install, configure and optimize the IT infrastructure to consistently achieve high availability and performance.
- Proven ability to create and deliver solutions tied to business growth, organizational development and systems optimization. Skilled problem identifier and troubleshooter comfortable managing systems, projects and teams in a range of IT environments.
- VMWare Administration
- Unix/Linux Administration
- SAN/NAS/Replication Administration
- Storage Design and Implementation
- Systems Installation, Configuration & Upgrading
- Process Improvements
- Patching Procedures
- Security Solutions
- System and Process Automation
- Documentation, Training & Mentoring
- Change Process Management
- Architected and implemented conversion of key applications to Linux based blade/VM platform, allowing of proprietary Unix systems footprint to be reduced by more than two thirds.
- Integrate EMC, HP and CA toolsets to leverage lower TCO while improving system availability and insight.
- Successfully executed regular Disaster Recovery testing using bare metal and intermediate level restoration processes using EMC Recoverpoint and other technologies. (Also developed necessary documentation for said restorations)
- Key role in implementing Netbackup as a single backup solution. Validated and tested methodology to move Unix and Linux backups from legacy Data Protector tape environment to Symantec disk-to-disk solution.
- Implemented MC/Serviceguard clustering to protect Mission Critical systems that were previously unprotected. Later migrated some of these systems to linux heartbeat clusters to maintain same level of availability.
- Lead role in multiple SAN refresh projects, tailoring and implementing migration plans from Symmetrix to Clariion, then VNX technologies.
- Assessed and improved change control processes, allowing for better management while streamlining approval work flow. Managed/mentored NJIT interns to build Sharepoint prototype change tracking system to meet division requirements.
- Document and update SLO/SLA's with business owners.
- Troubleshoot multi-vendor processes and architectures to resolve performance and work flow issues.
- Successfully planned and executed migrations from Internal Disk to SAN storage working with end-user and vendor teams for downtime windows and testing requirements.
- VSphere 4x & 5x
- Suse Linux
- Red Hat Linux
- Ubuntu Linux
- LVM, JFS and other UX filesystems
- HP-UX 11x
- HP Data Protector 6x
- Netbackup 7x
- KSH / BASH scripting
- CIFS / Samba / NFS / FTP / SFTP
- EMC VNX, Clariion, Symmetrix
- EMC Recoverpoint
- EMC Timefinder/SRDF
- EMC Celerra
- Brocade SAN Fabric
Senior Systems Administration Consultant
- Acting team lead to remotely located group manager: Manage group of help desk engineers in handling customer problems and in prioritizing development defect correction requests.
- Handle customer escalations and act as single point of contact for key RBOC customers (Pacific Bell, SBC Telecom, Ameritech, Worldcom).
- Identify, prepare and deliver customer specific content and scheduled application patches to meet customer needs and service level activations. Created methodology for preparing/packaging/delivering application fixes to meet monthly customer Quality Metrics targets.
- Informix Database maintenance and ISQL script development and usage.
- Ksh scripting and debugging.
- SME for switch related communication problems with Lucent 5ESS and Northern Telecom DMS100/200/500 digital communication switch equipment.
- Support and maintenance of varied HP-UX, AIX and Solaris systems as well as baseline support of applications on those systems.
- Support and maintain Oracle and Cache database server environments Unix and Linux platforms (production and development).
- Write custom scripts for file manipulation and tape creation.
- Create and maintain system users, printers and filesystems on Solaris, HP-UX and AIX systems. Provide secondary support for these types of systems in other company facilities.
- Regular validation and testing of backup media for these mission critical systems.
- Coordination of hardware repairs and upgrades through operations staff using mandated downtime procedures.
- Plan and coordinate OS and application upgrades. (HP-UX 10.01 thru 11.23, AIX 184.108.40.206 -> 4.3.1)
- Certify and Test Y2K Compliance of systems based on manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Administer Openview Operations Administration (OVO 6) with Telalert notification.
- Implemented “Ignite” image backups on HP-UX and coordinated successful disaster recovery testing efforts.
- Define operational needs (hardware/software) and budgetary requirements. Provide business case support to acquire funding.
- Deployment and support of distributed UNIX based applications on HP/SUN client server platform.
- Troubleshoot X.25 VCS Datakit II to Applied Innovations 180 TCP/IP network connectivity.
- Develop and Update customer documentation and training information.
- Prepare and present customer informational content for User Conference.
- Engineer and Install Unixware, SCO Open Server, NT 4.0, Win 95, Netware 3.x, Lantastic and TCP/IP - NFS Networks (up to 40 Users)
- Server/Workstation Specification, Sourcing and Ordering.
- Cable Layout and Installation.
- Support/Maintain of Association Management, Diocesan Census and Country Club Management software packages.