- Excellent customer service, analytical abilities, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Team player who works well in a team environment as well as individually.
- Over ten years of experience as a Computer Operator supporting large corporate clients.
- Over seven years running batch change management and strong knowledge of JCL.
- Over two years of experience working with UNIX and over three years of experience working with AIX.
- Experience performing administrative file moves for large corporate environments for over five years.
- Vast experience monitoring and responding to system consoles on Confidential mainframes.
- CONTROL - M, R, D, T
- PRISM FOR CPIC
- QMASTER (UNIX/AUTOSYS)
- MS OFFICE
- Disaster Recovery
- Confidential OS
- MF TAPE UNITS
- DUAL DENSITY
- GIG DRIVES (4MM/8MM)
- STORAGETEK SILOS
- OPTIC/VIRTUAL DRIVES
- INGVOTE WEB SERVER
- FIBER OPTICS
- General PC
- MS WORD
- MS Excel
- DLT (DIGITAL LINEAR)
- MODEL B10
- Windows 95/ 98/2000/2003
- DEC VAX
- HELP DESK
- VOICE BRIDGE
- TAPE UNIT 20/40 GB
- PRINTERS / Xerox Laser
- Windows/SERVER NT/XP
- Setup and run data collection tests on cell phone towers for the upgrade to 4G networks.
- Include monitoring throughput for uplink and downlink and find proper SNR and RSSI values for near cell, mid cell, and cell edge testing.
- Setup various antennae tor testing.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software in various locations for multiple types of tests.
- Use LG LTE Modems and software as well as MOCA hardware and software.
Sr. Computer Operator/Console Operator
- Controls job processing on the computer systems, both on-line and batch.
- Monitors and ensures that all systems tasks are operating normally.
- Manages and maintains cpu and peripheral devices used in the enterprise data centers.
- Insures strict adherence to all Information Technology and Distributed Systems Operations policies and procedures including tape library functions (selecting tapes to go to offsite storage, and tapes returned onsite).
- Timely and accurate completion with little or no supervision.
- Determines and implements appropriate course of action in problem situations including both hardware and /or software problems.
- Microsoft Office products.
- TIER 2 Technical Support (IBIS).
Environment: Z9 SYSPLEX SERVER, UNIX, SUN SOLARIS, STORAGETEK SILO, AUTOSYS, SUN SERVERS, ZEKE/ZEBB, CITRIX, HELP DESK.
Systems Management Specialist
- Providing service to install, operate and maintain complex centralized computer systems in an MVS/OS390/Z9, UNISYS, AS400/ROBOT, TECHNICAL SUPPORT, multi-business environment.
- Responsible for Monitoring systems consoles, maintaining daily logs, data loads, data receives, and restoring.
- Responsible for performing daily backups and maintaining shift logs
- Identified batch job issues and came up with recovery to solve issues.
- Second level problem determination and recovery for system software and hardware failures. This included identifying problems, taking proactive actions to avoid failures, escalation to management and support as outlined by process, and clear and concise communication.
- Extensive familiarity with batch stream flows.
- Utilized job scheduling tools such as (CA7) and JCL, ISPF, SDSF, TSO for ABC, Disney, Amtrak, Honeywell, States of California and Michigan accounts. All accounts in the Command Center utilized different change management, production flows, and scheduling.
- Responsible for cause and effect of system activity and performance issues.
- Worked with the processes of HMC, IPL, POR the systems and STK SILOS, ATL, VTS, 3490, 3590.
Environment: PC, AIX, VAX, JCL, ISPF, SDSF, RACF, CA7, STK SILOS, ATL, VTS, 3490, 3590, MVS, OS390, Z9 OS, AS400 i series platform, ROBOT, SQL, UNISYS (2200 Series), HELP DESK, SAN STORAGE, CITRIX
Senior Computer Operator
- Responsible for monitoring and problem solving of MVS, VSE, VM and Midrange systems consoles amongst others.
- Maintained daily logs, data loads, and data receives and performed their restoring.
- Utilized ZEKE/ZEBB/ROSCOE ( Confidential 9980), JES2 for batch processing.
- Responsible for monitoring and performing system backups as well as executing system shutdown, perform IPLs and start, stop online systems, Voice Bridge (COMMMAND CENTER).
- Ensure activities are being performed in a timely manner as not to negatively impact SLAs or system performance.
- Awareness of the relevance of work activities and how they contribute to the achievement of quality objectives.
- Monitor automated scheduler and evaluate and control Zeke batch processing and evaluate and control Zebb batch step restarts.
- Monitor mainframe and open systems environment analyzing system alerts and ensuring onlines correct function in a 24X7 environment.
- Problem Resolution - identify, analyze, and report system hardware and software errors, interpret and resolve production job abends by making changes to production JCL to correct operational problems, review abended jobs and initiate the restart of jobs when necessary, determine if jobs may require further action for a permanent resolution and use problem analysis tools to identify problems and lead to corrective actions (ex. SDSF, MVS, OMEGAMON. Identify problems, escalate according to procedures and provide information as needed in support of problem solutions and resolutions.
- Performed daily backups and maintained shift logs
- Utilize problem management reporting tools such as incident reports (IR) on Estar tool.
Environment: PC, ISPF, SDFS, TSO, MVS, OMEGAMON, JCL, Estar, Zeke batch processing, VSE, VM and Midrange consoles, ZEBB/ROSCOE ( Confidential 9980), JES2, IPL, Voice Bridge, SLA, Gen 4, Storagetek 9490 Tape Units, Confidential 6262 printers, Xerox Laser Printer/console, Zebe
Console Operator/Computer Operator
- Monitored and responded to the system consoles of the mainframe images running in an OS/390, UNIX, AS/400, Peregrine Asset Management data center environment.
- Manage user and group accounts (disaster recovery for Veterans, Summerside, PEI) in addition monitored performance.
- Running and monitoring the batch processing at night and providing first level problem resolution services for errors or degradation in service.
- Responsible for Performing daily backups and maintaining shift logs.
- Troubleshoot problems with resource access and permissions as well as monitoring network traffic using network monitor.
- Responsible for starting/stopping online regions (e.g. CICS, DB2, IDMS), responding to automation prompts, performing system shutdowns and IPLs, recognizing and responding to system alerts, applying operational procedures consistency/accuracy/completeness, and utilized mainframe (28 MVS, 2VM and 2 Linux images).
- Three separate online InfoMan systems used for problem and change management
- Over 250 online regions that must be monitored, including CICS, DB2, SQL, IDMS, Oracle, Websphere and others.
- A full automation software suite is installed to monitor, operate and control all images.
- Government Of Canada, Console Operator (Contract), OS S/390 Computing Environment, Storagetek Silos, Virtuals, over 250 online regions (CICS, DB2, IDMS, Oracle, Websphere and others), overtime, nightshifts.
- Responsible for monitoring the system images and online environment, starting/stopping online regions, responding to automation prompts, running and monitoring the batch processing at night and providing first level problem resolution services for errors or degradation in service.
- Perform system shutdowns and IPL’s, respond to system alerts and start/stop online regions (ex: CICS, DB2).
- Respond immediately to failure of production batch jobs, investigate failure, must have the ability to rerun job as per restart instructions located in each job by logging onto the techsource system and investigating the failed job in SDSF. If the failure is due to contention, then this must be identified (ex: Corr-id).
- Try to rerun the job a maximum of two times - if unable to rerun the job successfully within those two times, the failure was escalated to applicable application support. The total time of the job outage must not exceed two hours at which time batch support must be called.
- Test batch was responded to as well, but with lesser priority.
- Respond and implement emergency requests as ‘run this now’, update this before plan starts to build’, ‘stop the submission of batch’.
- Schedule special one time batch jobs, or omit jobs from the schedule on-request and monitor as per instructions.
- Monitor batch milestones and ensure that any missed milestones have problem records entered: Infoman/PMR. Identify DB2 contentions at the time of a batch job failure in the problem record and ensure the record is assigned to applicable batch support.
Environment: PC, Websphere, Oracle, Storagetek, Silos, Virtuals, CICS, DB2, IDMS, Consoles, OS S/390, IPL, Ingvote, HMC, Excel, TSO, (split screen access), ISPF, SDSF, VTAM, CA7/Lpros, TCP/IP, Netview, Control-M/T, System Automated Paging, InfoMan/pmr, Outlook, Client Server NT (Load Balancing), MVS/JES2, OPC/TWS, CITRIX