To secure a position in Network Communications that will utilize my skills and experience effectively while contributing additional growth to the company.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Responsible for selling services and retaining revenue by providing technical customer support to assigned DOD accounts.
- Interacting with customers to execute technical aspects of sales strategy by developing appropriate solutions and building technical relationships.
- Able to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements and solutions to help qualify and quantify opportunities.
- Resolves technical issues arising during the sales engagement, helps clients define specifications and requirements, develops solutions, and provides technology presentations to both technical and management - level audiences.
- I attended customer meetings in person and via the phone.
- I have demonstrated proficient solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications.
- Analyzed customers business needs and developed intermediate range strategies based on knowledge of customer's current communication network, equipment and business on how company can competitively meet customer's needs.
- I have the ability to either work independently or in a team environment to complete moderately difficult, custom designs.
- Able to extract hidden or unrealized customer requirements and gain consensus on these requirements with the customer.
- Advanced understanding of voice/data/internet applications, communications technology and network design. Advanced understanding of technical terminology related to company products & services.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configured, designed and tested, circuits ranging from a sub-rate of 56K to 40G Waves.
- Configured SONET, Ethernet over SONET on the Confidential Platform, Confidential Lambda Xtreme, Fujitsu Flashwave 4500, Flash 192, Flashwave 7500, 7600 and 9500, Tellabs 5500, 6500 and NGX DCCS.
- I worked with customers on simple and called upon to work complex turn-ups while at the same time providing a level of education in regards to the service and method in which the service(s) are turned up.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Network Operations Specialist
- Provided technical operations support for Confidential 's Wide Area Network driven by the Nortel Passport Switch.
- Testing and troubleshooting IMUX services, ATM and Frame Relay Networks within a 24x7 Network Operations Center environment.
- Also provided 3rd Level Support to Sprints Managed Router Services Group.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Sr. Technical Manager
- Performed, configuration, installation and maintenance of the Confidential CBX-500, BSTDX-8000, 9000 and the GX-550 ATM and SONET MUX’s.
- Performed software and hardware upgrades on site as well as In-band.
- Worked alongside Confidential Resident Engineers, performed Lab Testing of hardware and software interoperability.
- Performed Optical Level Installations and troubleshooting. Isolated chronic SONET, ATM, Frame Relay and Physical Layer issues.
- Provided consultation for Qwest Communications Planning and Engineering Groups in regards to network and circuit design, implementation and cost-delay metrics using OSPF.
- Trained various Qwest personnel in the fundamentals of ATM, Frame Relay and Physical Layer troubleshooting and configuration.
- Served as Project Manager for Qwest Communications 1st High Speed Network and for upgrading the software in the Confidential Network Elements for the entire network.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Sr. Network TAC EngineerResponsibilities:
- Provided 2nd level support to the Frame Relay, ATM, SONET, IP Network Operations Center. Resolving chronic issues relating to hardware and software anomalies.
- Conducted in house training on Physical Layer Circuit Testing, Frame Relay and ATM fundamentals, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Also provided 3rd level support to the IP Engineers in regards to the internetworking functions of Frame Relay and ATM.