- Skilled professional with 7+ years of IT experience as DevOps/Cloud Engineer, Linux administrator, involved in all phases of project life cycle (SDLC) and Agile analysis that includes Build and release management, configuration management, containerization and Orchestration Microservices.
- In depth understanding of the Software development life cycles like Agile and Scrum methodologies and server - side methodologies in the applications.
- Working experience on designing and securing the Infrastructure on AWS using S3, EC2, Auto Scaling, VPC, ELB, Lambda, SNS, IAM, Cognito, API Gateway, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch, Config, Security Groups, NACL, RDS etc.,
- Developed & executed a migration strategy to move on-premise database servers to AWS Redshift (Data Warehousing) by loading data into Amazon Redshift and used Cloud Watch for instance collection & monitoring.
- Used API Gateway to Invoke lambda process to store in S3 and RDS instances upon user access verification by IAM. Worked with AWS Glacier, Lambda, API Gateway and Terraform.
- Created templates for Azure infrastructure as code to build staging and production environments using Terraform and also used to automate the setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Experienced in building highly scalable cloud infrastructure using Azure Resource Manager templates to build Azure services like Azure Blob Storage , Azure SQL database, Virtual machines, IIS, AD, Cosmos DB.
- Blob/File/Table/Queue storages, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Azure Resource Manager, Application Gateways, Azure Key Vault and Auto-Scaling.
- Hands-on experience in Google container builders and GCP client libraries and cloud SDK's and used GCP HTTPS load balancing with Google Cloud storage buckets.
- Responsible for managing the GCP services such as Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, VPC, IAM, Image, Autoscaler, Cloud Functions, Cloud Pub/Sub, StackDriver, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner.
- Created templates for AWS infrastructure as code to build staging and production environments using Terraform and also used to automate the setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Experience in creating and designing the Terraform templates to create custom sized resource groups, Kubernetes clusters, containers, blob storages, IOT hub, event hub etc.
- Experience in Scheduling, deploying, managing container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes Master and in creating Kubernetes clusters with frameworks running on same cluster resources.
- Worked on Kubernetes to orchestrate Docker containers of new and existing applications as well as deployment and management of complex run time environment.
- Experience in working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Docker Compose, Docker Registry, creating Docker images & handling multiple images for middleware installations.
- Used AWS ECR to transfer the container images over HTTPS and encrypted the images automatically and integrated with AWS ECS and Docker CLI to simplify the development and production workflows.
- Used Kubernetes to manage web applications and Ansible to manage environment configuration files, users, and packages for configuration management.
- Hands on experience with Ansible tower and configured 30+ projects, templates and automated using YAML playbooks. Created 20 + ansible playbooks to automate the installation of packages.
- Built Jenkins jobs to create Azure infrastructure from GitHub repos which contains terraform modules as part of Continuous Deployment and delivery.
- Worked in all sections of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, building infrastructure, managing plugins, securing Jenkins and setting up master / slave configurations.
- Integrating various version control systems, development tools, nexus and deployment (scripting) methodologies into Jenkins to construct end-to-end orchestration cycles.
- Strong experience in using build management tools like Maven and Ant for building of deployable artifacts (Jar, War, Ear) files from source code & used artifacts repository managers like SonarQube, Nexus, Junit.
- Used GIT/SVN for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools like Maven and Ant.
- Configured Splunk to monitor server deployed applications through server log files and application analysis. Worked on setting up different dashboards, reports and Splunk alerts.
- Worked with Nagios, AWS CloudWatch to monitor network infrastructure to track and analyse the performance, metrics and resource traffic on cloud in real time.
- Worked with Microservices to provide Restful API utilizing Spring Boot with various data persistence framework like Hibernate, Spring Data JPA and Spring Security in web applications for integrations.
- Experienced in setting-up the CloudWatch monitoring dashboards with SNS notification configurations on various performance metrics retrieved from various AWS Resources.
- Configured, monitored and distributed multi-platform servers using Chef and also defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure the nodes.
- Implemented One-Click TFS ( Team Foundation Server) Continuous Integration automated build and deployment solution for Non production environment.
- Experienced in working with diverse Database platforms for Installing, Configuring and Managing NoSQL, RDBMS tools like MYSQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, MongoDB and Cosmos DB.
- Experience in MongoDB installation, patching, troubleshooting, performance, tracking/tuning, backup and recovery in dynamic environments.
- Developed shell/python scripts & implemented auto deployment process and reduced the amount of time. Experience on Python, Bash/Shell, PowerShell, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, JSON, YAML and Groovy.
- Installed, configured and maintained Application/Web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server & WebSphere on Red Hat Linux. Handled different bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest & Bugzilla.
- Driven Incident management process and submitted root cause analysis and updated knowledge base. Resolving Incidents related to Application batch job failure, Web logic instance restart, Heap size.
Cloud Platform: AWS, AZURE, GCP
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53, Kinesis, CDN
Azure Services: VNets, Blob Storage, Traffic Manager, SQL Azure, Data Factory, Data Lake, IIS, ARM, OMS, Security Center, Service Bus, ExpressRoute, Machine Scale Set.
GCP Services: Cloud Storage, VPC, Compute Engine, Cloud Load Balancing, Cloud CDN.
SCM/Version Control Tools: Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, SVN
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Configuration Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
CI/CD Automation Tools: Jenkins
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, OPNET, NS3, Splunk, Cloud Watch, ELK, Vault
Ticketing Tools: JIRA, Service Now
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, Python, MATLAB, .Net
Operating System: RHEL, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux, Unix, Windows, MacOS, CentOS, Debian
Web Servers: Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere, APGEE, REST API’s
Databases: Oracle, MongoDB, SQL Server, MySQL, RDBMS, NOSQL, Cassandra, RDS, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
Confidential, Richardson, TX
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for installation of applications on AWS cloud and implemented AWS solutions using S3, EC2, VPC, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups, SQS, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Route 53, Lambda, Cloud Watch, MongoDB, RedShift, Glacier.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability.
- Created User/groups/policies and integrated cloud services with Existing identity services using AWS IAM and within the IAM environment, I have managed operations which includes updates and Patching.
- Co-ordinated with developer teams and Spring Boot helped us to create several RESTful applications and for deployment of J2EE in production environments.
- Configured Virtual data center’s in AWS cloud to support Enterprise data warehouse hosting including VPC, Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route table associations and Route Tables.
- Used AWS ECS scheduler to automate application deployment using Docker automation techniques and scaled them in production by deploying the Docker containers.
- Used Amazon Elasticsearch Service to monitor and analyse server logs to identify any server performance issues that could lead to application downtime.
- Used RDS to store and organize the data and created RDS instances to serve data through servers for responding to requests and controlled user access to database by performing parameter configuration and tuning.
- Designed & implemented MongoDB with RESTful web service that persists high-volume user profile data.
- Used Amazon ElastiCache for Redis with streaming solutions such as Apache Kafka and Amazon Kinesis as an in-memory data store to ingest, process, and analyse real-time data with sub-millisecond latency.
- Developed Lambda functions and assigned IAM roles to run python and java scripts to perform event driven processing and code execution with triggers.
- Used AWS Glue to generate the schema for semi-structured data, created ETL code to transform and loaded the data warehouse on a recurring bases.
- Defined cloud network architecture using Azure virtual networks , VPN and express route to establish connectivity between on premise and Implemented Azure security controls: RBAC, PIM, MFA, encryption, firewall.
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication as a part of Azure AD Premium for user authentication. Worked on creating Azure VM, Cloud Services and Storages by using Azure Power-Shell Script.
- Used Azure BLOB to access required files and Azure Storage Queues to communicate between related processes.
- Used Terraform to deploy infrastructure to AWS and setup up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins and automated Datadog dashboards with the stack through Terraform Scripts.
- Installed and configured Kubernetes for Orchestration of Docker images and cluster container management on AWS using Kubernetes operations.
- Integrated Kubernetes with Hashi corp Vault to inject configurations at runtime for each service, configured sidecars and persistent volume sharing between app and config containers.
- Experience in managing the clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Evaluated Hashi corp Vault secret management integration with Kubernetes with use of containers at pod start-ups.
- Worked on deployment automation of all the micro services to pull image from the private docker registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Developed and refactored Ansible roles to install Tomcat, JBOSS, Apache and Jenkins and used Ansible server and workstation to manage deployments, which are written in YAML.
- Used Ansible Tower , which provides an easy to use dashboard, role-based access control and automated configuration management and deployments using Ansible playbooks and YAML for resource declaration.
- Integrating APIs with Jenkins CI/CD process with automated Code Analysis, Build, Test & Deploy and setup full CI/CD pipelines and maintain the code by setting up jobs which can make use of CI/CD environment.
- Developed groovy scripts in Jenkins to automate the Integration and Deployment using poll SCM & monitored git repository to trigger build, integration and deployments on push/pull requests using Jenkins pipeline.
- Worked on Maven script for build process and maintained the pom.xml for the continuous integration and used Apache Maven used for project management and dependencies process.
- Setup up GIT repositories, SSH keys for agile teams and configured, deployed GIT repositories with branching, merging, tagging and notification management with webhooks.
- Built Splunk instance to help monitor the production provider portal which gave business deep insight into the overall health of the production environment.
- Written Shell scripts as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and test playbooks on AWS instances using Python and run Ansible Scripts to provision development servers.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS services which includes ELB, CloudFront distribution, EC2, database, security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
- Used Atlassian JIRA for bug/issue tracking tools, to update daily tasks and work progress in the team.
Environment: AWS, Apache Kafka, ELK, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Dynamo DB, SQL, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Splunk, Vault, Python, Shell scripts, Jira, MongoDB.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Worked on the architecture for different applications before migrating into Azure cloud for flexible, cost-effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance and secured.
- Planned and developed roadmaps and deliverables to advance the migration of existing solutions on-premise systems/applications to Azure cloud using the Azure resources.
- Migrated On-premises Infrastructure to Azure Cloud using “ Lift and Shift “methodology and developed CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins which reduced the workload by 40%.
- Managed virtual networking within Azure and connected to on-premises environments, configure Express Route, Virtual Network, VPN Gateways, DNS and Azure Load Balancer using ARM .
- Provided high availability for IaaS, VMs, and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer. Hybrid Environment between Azure/Google Cloud Platform.
- Designed Azure VPN -Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint security, firewall, Backup & restore/recovery Azure services. Configured Azure SQL Database and Data warehouse.
- Worked on GCP CDN (content delivery network) to deliver contents from GCP cache locations by drastically improving user experience and latency.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Configuring maps, selector services and deployed application containers as pods.
- Experienced in building/maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker as the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to execute builds.
- Experience in creating Docker containers by using existing default and custom AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment for End-to-End automation from code check-in to the deployments onto Cloud based servers. Configured Jenkins to perform backups in a timely manner using Jenkins config and plugins files.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Responsible for authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Experienced in developing Chef Cookbooks for various packages and to implement environments, roles, data bags for configuration management of hosted instances within GCP.
- Implemented Source Control management with GIT by merging, tagging etc. and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT and migrated from SVN repository .
- Configured GIT with Jenkins and schedule jobs using poll SCM/Webhooks option and integrated to automate the code checkout process to deploy in staging and production environments.
- Used Gitlab for source code management of our integration test code and integrated GitLab into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process.
- Resolved infrastructure problems that affect critical processes and used Nagios event handlers for auto restart on application and service failures.
- Automated the deployments of applications in Docker using Python & monitor them using Nagios and enabled remote monitoring support through SSH/SSL encrypted tunnels.
- Set up and managed ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana) stack to collect, search and analyze log files and created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with Azure Monitor and Azure Functions .
- Expertise in developing Shell and PowerShell scripts as well as in setting up baseline, branching, merging and automation across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, SVN on multiple platforms.
- Worked with JIRA ticket tracking as change management and generated tickets, reports on different bug issues and tickets. Managed project using JIRA issues like epics, story, spikes, defects and tasks.
Environment: Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Jfrog artifactory, Maven, Chef, Git, SVN, Gitlab, Nagios, ELK, Python, Cassandra, Shell scripts, JIRA.
Build & Release Engineer
- Maintained the release schedule for all assigned software components and maintained consistency across key project teams through SDLC.
- Created S3 buckets , maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS. Designed and implemented AWS Solutions using EC2, EBS, ELB, auto-scaling groups.
- Configured the Cloud Trial on the AWS console and created the Cloud watch events to receive SNS Notifications when someone terminates the EC2 instances.
- Setting up of AWS Lambda to run Node.js (java script) codes with response to the events created from S3 bucket.
- Worked with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, managing the directory structures, removing images and managing containers.
- Migrating stage servers to Docker platform, performed POC (Proof of Concept) on taking Docker to production.
- Managed site wide various application’s build life cycle using Jenkins and setting up Jenkins master , adding the necessary plugins and adding confidential slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Created Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on Release methodologies.
- Build scripts using Ant build tools in Jenkins, SonarQube to move from one environment to other environments and deployment into Tomcat Application server.
- Responsible to perform build operations with ANT Scripts, while implementing the required modifications in the Script to perform build operations, in accordance with requirements.
- Maintained build scripts developed in ANT & shell and modified build files including Ant's build.xml.
- Integrated Ant with Shell scripts created in Bash, corn shell to automate the builds for the Java/J2EE based applications and involved in tweaking the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project.
- Created Puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations and managed deployment automation using Puppet, MCollective, Custom Puppet modules, Ruby.
- Developed Puppet modules and role/profiles for installation and configuration of software for required for various applications/blueprints.
- Deployed DevOps packages using Puppet and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Managed subversion (SVN) branching, merging and tagging to facilitate defect/change management in conjunction within projects across the organization.
- Worked on version control migration from Subversion to GIT and resolved conflict, merge issues, cherry-pick, Code promotion in GIT.
- Primary responsibilities include building and deploying Java/J2EE applications onto different environments such as development, QA, testing and production.
- Provided Configuration management and build support for more than five different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environment using Puppet.
- Creating CRON jobs to perform timely backups, creating snapshots, starting and stopping of environments, run the scripts in timely manner not affecting the production systems.
- Installed and configured Splunk to monitor the application server logs and created alerts, scheduled searches and dashboards using post process search in Splunk.
- Automated manual processes where needed utilizing my scripting skills with shell scripting languages and other technologies like OPNET, VMWARE 8X on multiple platforms Linux, and Windows.
- Created deployment tickets using JIRA for build deployment in production. Integrated Jira with subversion through commit plugin where all the commit messages are directly logged into Jira.
- Meet with other project team members to coordinate and/or discuss project milestones, unanticipated delays, environment issues, security changes, database changes, etc.
- Solid communication skills verbal and written and be able to coordinate, collect, assimilate and share information gathered from technical and non-technical personnel.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Jenkins, SonarQube, ANT, Puppet, Subversion, GIT, Java, J2EE, Splunk. JIRA, VMWare, Linux, Windows, Shell Scripting, Python, Apache Tomcat.
Linux /Systems Engineer
- Installed, configured, troubleshooted, and maintained, and fixed BEA WebLogic application server 9.2 and Oracle WebLogic 10.3/11g/12c on 250+ platforms of SUN Solaris 9.0/10.0, Linux, UNIX and Windows environments.
- Configured and deployed 50 web applications on JBOSS application servers hosted on Linux and Windows.
- Deployed 150+ application builds on the pre-prod environment to reduce web application stability issues.
- Provided 24X7 system administration and resolved distributed issues on multiple Virtual machines and physicals servers spread across Data Centers around the Globe.
- Implemented new technology solutions like migrating IBM ClearCase to Subversion reducing maintaining cost while achieving equal level of service.
- Involved in configuring Multi data source for load balancing and Grid link data source in 11g to provide Fast Connection Failover (FCF), Runtime Connection Load-Balancing (RCLB), and RAC instance graceful shutdown.
- Implemented security by configuring Secured Socket Layer (SSL) for client authentication & data encryption.
- Monitored WebLogic/JBoss Server health, security and created Connection Pools & Data Sources in WebLogic.
- Upgraded WebLogic server 9.2 to WebLogic 10.3.6 and updated JDK's and installed service packs and patches.
- Configured JDBC connections, JMS server, JTA, JNDI, SNMP and Node Manager to administer the Managed Servers in WebLogic Application Server.
- Developed tools to check the checkouts, elements modified depending on project and branch and performed log management by using Alert log and Sys log.
- Automated and scheduled jobs, scripts and administered tasks using CRON, and also enabled system network logging for maintenance and testing.
- Wrote more than 50 shell scripts used for automation to install and administer WebLogic & JBoss platforms.
- Troubleshoot and fixed issues faced by clients for UNIX platform and maintained multiple UNIX servers which involved both pre-prod and prod servers.
- Created and maintained user accounts administering file systems and recognizing file access problems.
- Experience with monitoring the JVM performance by WebSphere Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
Environment: Oracle Web Logic, SUN Solaris, Linux, Unix, Windows, Tomcat, Apache Web Servers, JBoss, Shell, VM’s, IBM, SVN, SSL, WebLogic, JDK, JDBC and JMS Server etc.