Sr. Citrix Engineer; Sr. Virtualization Engineer; Architect
Highly motivated professional with over 10 years experience on Citrix/Windows technologies , skilled in the virtualization projects and implementation of high - availability systems and services.
Citrix MetaFrame/ Presentation Server/1.8/XP/PS4.5/XenApp5/XenApp6.5/XA7; Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012; XenServer; GPU pass-through; Web Interface(WI); StoreFront; Secure Gateway(SG); Access Gateway(CAG); Netscaler; Citrix Multimedia Delivery (HDX); Streaming Application Delivery; App-V; AppDNA; Citrix Profiler; EdgeSight; XenDesktop; VDI; VMWare View; Provisioning Server (PVS); ICA files creation; Profile management; Folder redirection; MOF; MSI Packaging; Admin Studio ; Microsoft Terminal Server; Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista/7/8; UNIX; Exchange 2000/2003/2007/2010 ; Office365; Microsoft Clustering; SMS/SCCM; VMware ESX/ vSphere; Active Directory (AD); Group Policy (GPO); DNS; DHCP; DFS; MSSQL 2000/2005/2008 ; MySQL; ISA 2000/2004/2006 ; Backup Exec; IIS; FTP; Apache; WSUS/SUS ; Opsware; LabTech; scripting; Powershell; vbs; Symantec/McAfee/AVG/ESET antivirus.
Sr. Virtualization Engineer / Architect, Client Virtualization Service
- Provide expertise in XenDesktop, XenApp, server, network and storage systems required to support a virtualization infrastructure.
- Migrated the PS4.5 farms to XenApp 6.5 (2000 users).
- Architecture, design and implementation of XenDesktops farms.
- XenServer deployments (GPU pass-through).
- NetScalers (MPX) setup and configuration.
- Citrix Provisioning Server (PVS) implementations (XA/XD projects).
- Support XenApp / XenDesktop / VMWare View environment.
- Worked closely with other IT groups to ensure successful transition of support for newly implemented technologies.
- Security requirements and policies for virtualization platforms.
- Developed performance monitoring and capacity analysis.
- Design virtual infrastructure to ensure scalability and the ability to effectively expand capacity to support corporate growth.
- Develop test plans to support design requirements
- Create operational readiness documentation including runbooks, advice scripts and operating procedures to support virtualization operating systems.
- Powershell scripting.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Citrix Application/Desktop Virtualization projects (Architect, Implementations, Migrations).
- Virtualization projects (VMWare/XenServer).
- Implement and configure LabTech software.
- L2/L3 support (over 50 customers).
- Systems upgrades including patch management.
- Monitoring of system utilization and application performance.
- Internal process workflow design.
- Support network infrastructures (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Scripting (LabTech, vbs, Powershell).
- Created end user and support documentation.
- Architecting and engineering best practices, implementation and support of multiple large Citrix Server Farms, Zones, Licensing, Printing, Profile Management, Citrix Policies, Web Interfaces, Secure Gateway, PNAgent, EdgeSight.
- Maintained a business-critical Citrix enterprise environment (2000 users / 160 servers / 7 sites).
- Upgraded from PS4.5 to XenApp5.
- Strong background with deployment of automated packages (msi) using Citrix Installation Manager for automating Windows / Citrix environment.
- A pplication packaging ( Admin Studio ).
- EdgeSight implementation.
- Scripting including VBScript, Batch, Powershell.
- Active Directory and Group Policy configuration.
- Business level conversation with project management and application teams.
- Created platform & build documentation.
- Generated usage reports and break fix logs.
- Participated in setting strategic technology directions.
- Implemented and documented Disaster Recovery (DR).
- Scripting (A pplication log management, Pending files script, etc.)
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Supported over 200 mission-critical Windows servers.
- Architected and deployed Citrix PS4.5 farm.
- Resolved high severity incidents following SLA requirements.
- Liaised with customers to problem resolution.
- Resolved cluster and database incidents.
- Deployed new servers under ITIL Change Management.
- Performance and application incidents.
- Hardware incidents (DELL, HP, Sun).
- Backup incidents (Tivoli, BrightStor ARCserve).
- Network incidents (ISA, firewalls, routers and switches).
- Antivirus incidents (eTrust, McAfee).
- Participated in Virtualisation Project (HP c7000 + VMWare).
- Implemented standards, policies and procedures (SOE, ITIL).
- Trained and mentored junior team members.
Sr. Systems / Network Administrator
- Maintained 50+ Windows servers.
- Redesigned Network Infrastructure (Windows & Unix).
- Planned and implemented Active Directory (two sites).
- Implemented DNS, DHCP, GPO, users and groups management, password’s policy.
- Maintained Exchange 2003.
- Implemented virtualization (VMWare).
- Implemented server health checks and audit activities.
- Maintained backup system (Veritas Backup Exec).
- Documentation, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
- Antivirus solutions (Symantec, Trend Micro).
- Patch and update management (WSUS).
- Purchased hardware and software.
- Peripheral devices management (printers, copiers).
- Hardware issues (DELL, HP).
- IT security issues (restrict USB-ports, upgraded Wi-Fi AP, etc).
- Network &Firewalls (Cisco, Juniper, WatchGuard).
- Implemented Load Balancer (Radware).
- Helpdesk service.
Systems / Network Administrator
- Planned and designed infrastructure; vendors and ISP contracts, deployed servers (Windows Server 2003 R2) and workstations (Windows XP) & network hardware.
- Implemented DHCP, DNS and Active Directory, Group Policy, user and group management, password’s policy.
- Implemented MS SQL 2000, Citrix MetaFrame XP server and accountant application (1C).
- Installed, maintained and administered Exchange 2003.
- Implemented and maintained network load balancing.
- Antivirus software implemented (Symantec AntiVirus).
- Backup strategy ( Veritas Backup, Acronis TrueImage).
- Created and implemented Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Maintained Windows Software Update Services (WSUS).
- Implemented and maintained Microsoft ISA Server 2006.
- Connected branch offices to main office (VPN).
- Peripheral devices management.
Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, Web Master
- Installed, maintained, troubleshot Windows/Unix servers.
- Primary responsibility for Windows workstations (98/Me/2000/XP).
- Responsible for support, deployment and effective management of a wide variety of hardware and software.
- Responsible for backup and security strategy, implementation and incident handling.
- Installed and maintained Citrix MetaFrame 1.8/XPe servers.
- Responsible for design and implementation of major system upgrades and updates hardware, software, network and peripheral components.
- Maintained ISA Server 2000/2004.
- Antivirus protection (Symantec AV).
- Handling email servers (MS Exchange 2000/2003, MDaemon).
- Helpdesk service.
- Implemented and maintained VPN solution for branch offices.
- Planned, installed and maintained Windows network. Optimised system performance, installed wireless network connectivity, trained staff, documented network topology and configured user accounts.
- Implemented Active Directory.
- Researched and integrated emerging technologies. Backed up data, implemented antivirus solutions, acquired and maintained software licensing, audited software.
- Maintained accountant’s database.
- Generated management reports.
- Administered systems, automated job tasks, maintained data warehouse systems, ensured network connectivity and provided technical support.