- 6+ years of experience Microsoft Exchange server, Exchange Online, Office 365 and Skype Server/Skype - for-Business Online.
- 7+ years of experience Information Technology with Microsoft Windows Server, Hypervisor, VMWare, Cisco and various network protocols, tools and technologies.
- Adept at planning, configuring, deploying, and supporting large-scale deployments of Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business utilizing Microsoft hyper V for virtual environments as well as Active Directory and PowerShell.
- Thorough knowledge on Active Directory Migration strategies.
- Excellent experience providing high quality large-scale Microsoft Exchange and Lync design deployments that are highly available and resilient.
- Versed in leading full-scale migrations to newer versions of Microsoft messaging technologies such as Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business.
- Active Directory used to manage user tasks and PowerShell scripting to automate management of Exchange email system and daily tasks on Windows servers.
- Conferencing support experience; SIP, VOIP, and collaborative services in Exchange messaging systems.
- Experience with windows clustering services and deploying CCR, SCR and LCR.
- Configured Azure AD Connect (DirSync) and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) for Active Directory synchronization and single-sign-on with Office 365.
- Hands-on experience with Skype/Lync.
- Experience leveraging PowerShell in Exchange and Skype for Business
- Supported Offline Address book, Calendaring and free busy related issues.
- Hands-on design and implementation of Exchange 2016, Exchange 2016 Protection, Active Directory 2008/2012, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016 , and Exchange online, Azure Active Directory, and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) with Exchange 2016 with office 365
- Designed, configured, implemented and maintained an enterprise messaging environment including Office 365, Exchange 2013and Skype for business.
- Readied Microsoft Exchange 2010 environment for coexistence.
- Performing cross-forest mail migrations, exports/imports and using migration tools to consolidate mail systems after mergers/acquisitions.
- Experience with administrative role in creating, monitoring and managing user accounts and monitoring Service health in Office 365.
- Served as an SME and acting as liaison between operations, helpdesk and networks to ensure continuity of service to the user community.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Hyper-V for server virtualization
Microsoft Messaging On-Prem: Exchange 2010/2013/2016 and online
Microsoft Windows Server: Windows Server 2008, 2008/R2, Windows Server 2012, 2012/R2, Windows Server 2016
Microsoft Messaging Online: Office365, Exchange and Skype for Business online/ Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Unified Communications/VOIP: Lync 2010/2013 and Skype-for-Business 2015, Skype Online
Database: Microsoft SQL Server
Virtualization: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, VMware ESXi hypervisor, VMware vCenter Server Virtual Machine, vSphere, Oracle VirtualBox
Exchange Utilities: Exchange Admin Center (EAC), Exchange Calculator, Exchange Best Practices Analyzer, Exchange Online Protection (EOP), Remote Analyzer.
Tools: BitTitan, SolarWinds, WireShark, BackTrack5, Snooper, Fiddler
MDM Tools: Microsoft InTune, Citrix XenMobile, AirWatch, MobileIronMicrosoft Services: Active Directory, Azure ADConnect (DirSync), Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
Office365 Tools: Office365 Admin Center and Office365 Migration Wizard in Exchange
Desktop O.S.: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10
Methods and Policies: High Availability, Data Loss Prevention, Federated Services, Coexistence, Hybrid environments
Migrations: Phased Migration, Staged Migration, Hybrid Migration, Cutover Migration, Cross-Forest Migration, Tenant to TenantMigration
Network: Microsoft Windows, Cisco
Protocols: Network Protocols (Remote Procedure Call Protocol (RPC), Network Address Translation (NAT), Microsoft Active Directory Protocol (MADP),Calender Access Protocol (CAP), (File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Secure Shell (SSH), Telnet, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Domain Name System (DNS), Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP), Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Transport Layer Security (TLS), Real-Time Transport Protocol. (RTP), Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure. (HTTPS), Internet Message Access Protocol. (IMAP4)
Senior o365 Administrator
- Hands on Exchange On-premise environment 2007 and 2010.
- Expertise in Exchange environment Discovery using PowerShell
- Mail flow diagram and design detailed knowledge and understanding, documenting protocols, ports, IP’s, Locations, etc.
- Exchange environment reporting components using PowerShell to automate reports in html, csv, txt.
- In depth process and execution of Decommissioning of Exchange servers.
- Microsoft Teams admin - Policies, permissions, booking delegates, troubleshooting and resolving issues etc.
- Public Folder migration and decommissioning
- PowerShell scripts to automate exchange reports and day to day tasks, for example: migration, assign licenses, provisioning, modify and disable mailboxes.
- Management of Retention Policies.
- Post migration troubleshooting of Exchange email flow, connectivity, outlook and permission issues.
- Worked on Public folder migration to shared Mailbox, Resource calendar, teams/SharePoint.
- Worked on Mailbox export to PST both manual and scripting method.
- PST migration to O365 archive mailboxes for a new merger.
- Anti-spam implementation and configurations.
- Address Book policy - subdiving GAL, OAB and address lists.
- Hands on PowerShell scripting either from scratch or modifying those that already existed.
- Hands on Microsoft Exchange troubleshooting and administration tools
- Exchange architecture skills.
- Experience with planning and designing migrations.
- Deploying and admin ADConnect and HCW.
Senior Exchange Engineer
- Created a cross-forest trust.
- Set the Active Directory attributes in the Exchange 2016 target forest by preparing the Exchange 2016 target forest with valid mail-enabled user with a specified set of Active Directory attributes.
- Using ADMT, migrated users’ passwords and SIDS from source domain to target domain along with users’ group memberships.
- Set linked attributes in Active Directory to references other Active Directory objects in the local forest.
- Using Exchange Management Shell, moved the mailbox to the target Exchange 2016 forest.
- Configured DNS settings including MX records to move mail to target mailboxes in the cross-forest trust and ran a test to validate mail routing.
- Managed user accounts through Active Directory and contained resources independently in the forest to provide service autonomy, service isolation, and data isolation, to prevent forest access to anyone outside the forest.
- Linked the mailbox in the Exchange 2016 resource forest by creating an linked mail user in the Exchange 2016 target resource forest, setting the Active Directory attributes for the linked mail user.
- Responsible for Mobile Iron environmental configuration for the migration.
- Responsible for Intune rollout and scheduling migration wave groups (1-2=1000 users- mailbox migration).
- Resolved post-production migration issues and handed-over the system and documentation to client team.
- Configured the EOP similar to proof point, mitigating EOP product limitations.
- Identified less frequently used domains and performed cutovers of all the domains to EOP by modifying the MX records, SPF and DMARC Records (migration).
- Configured the TLS related configurations similar to existing environment.
- Introduced hybrid configuration into existing Exchange 2016 deployment.
- Implemented Office 365 hybrid environment for eventual mailbox moves and Azure cloud services.
- Configured mail connectors and policies within EOP for mail hygiene.
- Configured advanced threat protection features (ATP) such as safe link and diagnostic reporting via Windows Defender ATP.
- Piloted Office 365 Exchange Online batch migration process to test functionality and configurations.
- Reconfigured cross-forest permissions for sharing and federation of services.
- Deployed and maintained Azure AD Connect synchronization and ADFS token authentication.
- Implemented TEAMs deployment for all internal employees for IM, Chat, and conferencing capabilities
- Set up Team call features and simultaneous ring for certain departments.
- Created groups and Teams in accordance with departmental needs
- Troubleshot Teams functionality in relation to external participants, authentication and conferencing features.
- Performed Active Directory preparation and installed Remote Tool Admin Pack using Windows PowerShell.
- Ensured Windows Server Prerequisites including all patches and updates were current on Windows 2016 Servers using Windows PowerShell.
- Step 3: Installed server roles: Mailbox Server and Edge Transport Server and .NET framework along with the Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API.
- Installed new Exchange 2016 Servers running on Windows Server 2016.
- Checked readiness and raise forest function level and ran cross check in Exchange Management Shell and Exchange Admin Center and verified the coexistence of Exchange 2013 alongside Exchange 2016.
- Performance tuned and optimized Exchange 2010 Server for maximum performance and operation Patched servers with updates and service packs following ITIL practices for change management Troubleshot issues with mail blockage, spam, OWA access, and slow performance, providing both on site and remote diagnosis and resolution Handled requests related to mail quotas, delegation, rights management and individual mail restores.
- Managed and updated Exchange server migration documentation and interfaced with management on status of projects.
- Created PowerShell scripts to produce daily reports for Public Folder replication and mailbox statistics.
- Utilized PowerShell to troubleshoot end point solutions
- Implemented Mailbox retention policies across the Exchange 2016 environment and defined retention tags
- Assisted in legal department e-discovery and acquirement of pst files
- Troubleshot client-side issues pertaining to pst files, e-discovery usage, and Outlook
- Implemented and configured data loss prevention (DLP) to manage sensitive data in email messages to balance compliance requirements
- Configured in-place archiving to preserve email archives.
- Configured or implemented journaling of email communications to secure a copy of all communications.
- Secured Exchange by implementing protection for spam filtering, anti-virus and threat management
- Created test accounts and did a pilot migration.
- Rolled-out implementation of Office 365.; Implemented Office 365, verified and configured domain in Office 365.
- Configured Azure AD Connect and ADFS for Active Directory synchronization/Federation with Azure Active Directory.
- Utilized the Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW) on Exchange 2013 to establish send and receive connectors with Office 365.
- Created migration batches in the Office 365 Admin Center, and used PowerShell to check the status of the migration, and get statistics.
- Troubleshot migration errors, such as failed mailbox moves, and connectivity errors, etc.
- Assigned licenses in Office 365.
- Used Azure AD connect to sync the Active Directory credentials to the cloud, replacing the Barracuda and ZixGateway.
- Replicated the policies to EOP for DLP and encryption for compliance.
- Used Microsoft Intune Integration with a Security Group for Advance MDM management on the Hybrid Exchange environment.
- Installed Azure AD Connect and configured it to sync with the 0ffice 365 tenant.
- Installed a Passive Azure AD Connect Server to provide High Availability.
- Used IdFix Tool to detect and correct issues on Active Directory before the migration.
- Created PowerShell scripts to change the UPN for multiple groups of users on the Active Directory.
- Matched the Primary SMTP Address with the new UPN using scripts on the Active Directory.
- Enabled Skype-for-Business feature for Office 365 migrated users.
- Architected a new messaging environment to include a dual DAG for high availability and failover scenarios.
- Checked health of DAG and replication of databases
- Checked for mailbox corruption on source servers and made repairs before migration.
- Troubleshooting of issues with database copies and lag in replication; backups of Active Directory and use of Active Directory to prepare user data for migration.
- Participated in the verification of DNS and Exchange 2010 systems and made changes to infrastructure to better suit migration effort.
- Implemented capacity planning utilizing the Exchange best practices and Exchange Calculator
- Participated in virtualization of servers using the VMWare ESxi platform for server builds and provisioning.
- Migrated test accounts to Exchange and verified functionality
- Created batches for user mailbox accounts and moved them via PowerShell scripting to the new Exchange environment.
- Modified retention policies, journaling rules, and archiving policies for users and databases
- Create DAG configuration for High Availability of mailbox databases in a cross-site configuration.
- Decommissioned Exchange 2010 after successful shut-down period of the server.
- Conducted threat analysis on common threat vectors to provide solutions to common vulnerabilities
- Tested and implemented mail policies to prevent phishing, reduce spam, and malicious email