- More than 26 years of progressive management experience with 10 years in information systems management and support with recognized expertise in system administration.
- Certification in Project Management for the Federal Government to provide operational oversight and governance in program and project management..
- Provided leadership, strategic vision and management of technology systems.
- Ability to hire qualified and motivated staff and mold them into an effective team.
- Provided leadership for information support team operations in a dynamic and high stress work environment.
- Ability to motivate and lead various groups of people including training to improve the skill set of information systems employees.
- Recognized by peers and staff as a proactive manager and solid professional.
- Ability to see the big picture, with a clear eye on solving issues that may be hindering operations.
- Ability to directly brief generals, officers, staff and department leadership on status of the network and other highly critical aspects of information systems infrastructure during weekly meetings.
- Ability to work with high profile clients and diverse customers and able to communicate highly technical information in an understandable way.
- Ability to provide hands - on in dealing with issues and problem solving, showing professional judgment and ability to work with others to reach the optimal results.
- Experience in Desktop Support/Administration, Network support/Administration, Server Support/ Administration, Active Directory support and administration, Helpdesk Support/ Administration, Web Site development and programming, SharePoint development.
- Extensive hardware support experience with desktops, servers, routers, cabling both cat 6 and fiber, mobile technology, printers, storage devices, configuration management and lifecycle procedures.
- Extensive software experience including visual basic, Pascal, COBOL, Microsoft Office package, Solaris, Linux, Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
- Acted as hands-on trainer to general officers and to members of local population on how to use hardware and software.
- Motivates support staff to obtain latest information systems certifications and training. Provides hands on training to staff to ensure all are at same level of experience.
- Several industry standard certifications and training.
- Experience with disaster recovery preparation planning and testing with offsite recovery and testing.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Systems Administrator / Manager
- Managed day-to-day operations of Confidential and Confidential Liaison office local servers and all related computer systems and hardware.
- Installed the Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) in each office. Managed DNS server and developed group policy for site.
- Provided testing and evaluation of emerging technologies in IT field including WAN networks and Network Attached Storage (NAS) technologies.
- Maintains all networks, server and other computer systems in area of responsibility.
- Planned and scheduled install of new Dell and Compaq/ HP servers, related hardware and applications.
- Installed VMware ESX servers.
- Managed Information Assurance policies and process. Communications Security ( Confidential ) Manager.
- Trained all staff members to ensure quality client service and information security. Documented all issues, systems changes and operation procedures.
- Responsible for administration of Exchange Server 2003, Windows Servers 2003 and 2008.
- Ensured system integrity by using Retina security scanners and kept all systems patched with latest updates by managing Patch Management and IAVA installs.
- Briefed senior leadership (2 and 4 star generals) on new and revised command policies and their impact on current systems and plans.
- Delivered support in several technical areas: Systems Engineering; Systems Administration; Systems Security; Configuration Management; Training; and Patch Maintenance.
- Performed daily and weekly backups on Unclassified and Secret networks for disaster recovery.
Site Manager/ Lead System Administrator
- Hired, trained and evaluated all IT staff assigned to location.
- Responsible for daily operation and maintenance of server and network infrastructure to support Combatant Commander NATO/ Confidential and his staff.
- Developed and engineered new software and hardware requirements to support client requirements.
- Planned and implemented necessary hardware, software and configurations changes as needed.
- As Site Security Officer (SSO) and Confidential Manager, developed, maintained and implemented security policies, audit security logs, update anti-virus definitions on servers and workstations, and ensure proper filtering of non-business email.
- Maintained security procedures to guard against unauthorized access with IDS hardware.
Senior Systems Administrator
- Provided guidance and expertise to Manager and Senior Director regarding all Information Technology initiatives.
- Provided highest level of support in a three-tiered technical support model for 2 and 4 star generals and several hundred staff.
- Developed and implemented a hands-on training program for entire senior staff.
- Performed systems backups, end-user file recovery, and disaster recovery of systems, network troubleshooting, and other tasks to keep system functioning correctly.
- Installed and configured operating systems and application software as it was developed using SMS.
- While working with system engineers, conducted system upgrades and other projects and extends existing systems to support new locations or functionality.
- Trained users on most recent versions of Windows (XP), Excel, Outlook and other software packages.
- Participated as a member of integration teams to install new hardware and software on existing networks, including full-range testing of old and new components for compatibility, functionality and supportability.
- Assisted in development and deployment of major hardware, software, and database migrations.
- Implemented a Windows 2000 migration plan for over 1800 users.
Senior Systems Administrator
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Provided 24/7 tier-three computer and network support for client organizations in two physical locations in Richmond area.
- Provided support for approximately 300 users and 10 Servers.
- Responsible for problem isolation, software installation, networks connectivity issues, hardware upgrades, client PC configuration, and mail configuration.
- Acted as Migration Coordinator and organized and participated in system migration from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95 for 95 users and computers.
- Traveled to support sites in other states and provided assistance in setting up networks and computers.
- Supported software including Office 97, SAP, On Net, Lotus Notes, Lexus Nexus, mainframe applications and Microsoft Outlook.
Customer service Manager / Systems Administrator
- Managed 40 Customer service reps and four (4) Technical Analysts.
- Department Disaster Preparedness Representative and network recovery manager.
- Performed live disaster recovery operations and tests.
- Programmed and developed department-wide computer programs, updated computer systems and programs, corrected network access problems, and coordinated with department heads on system moves and migrations.