- Around Eight years of IT industry experience in installing, deploying, configuring websites, monitoring web applications on IIS servers and around five years of experience in managing the applications hosted in the Azure and AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in installing, configuring SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 in large scale environments. Good experience in troubleshooting runtime errors on IIS / 7.0/7.5/8/8.5/10 and windows servers. Experienced in Azure SQL, Azure data warehouse, data lake factory.
- Good experience in Azure cloud (ASM & ARM) including IaaS and PaaS. Good experience in using PowerShell, DSC and chef for configuration management and automation tasks.
- Experienced in creating Azure VM’s, virtual networks, storage accounts, cloud services, app services, app service environment, cluster fabric using ARM templates, power shell, VSTS and build, deploy and migrate websites from on premises to Azure Cloud instance
- Responsible for building and deploying the applications (CI/CD) using MSBuild, Octopus deploy, visual studio team services and Jenkins
- Talent for communicating and solving complex problems, improving data management, automating and integrating systems, and delivering projects on time
- Knowledge in Azure platform development and deployment concepts and supporting applications hosted in Azure cloud services
- Good expertise in private cloud and hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices.
- Experienced in designing and developing inbound marketing and lead generation tools for DevOps and cloud computing .
- Good experience in using the Windows Azure Pack and Azure stack components
- Experienced in installing security patches, configuring DNS, DHCP settings, installing and configuring SSL s and scheduling regular maintenance on the servers
- Good experience in debugging networking related issues by using NETMON, message analyzer, Fiddler, Wireshark tools
- Experience in analyzing log files to troubleshoot and improve performance of web applications using log parser tool, performance tool, Windows event logs
- Implemented Disaster recovery models like mirroring, log shipping, transactional replication and debugging performance issues using SQL profiler
- Strong ability in managing all aspects of physical database administration including schema management, security setup, installations, upgrades, patches, backup and recovery, performance tuning for SQL server 2008 R2 and 2012
- Have good experience on maintain databases on high availability by setting up ALWAYS ON High availability in SQL2012, 2014
- Used Power shell in running automated queries for Patching, Imaging and Deployments.
- Experience in analyzing test results and submitting the bugs using Bug Tracking Tool Quality Centre (QC) & Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience in Debugging .NET applications using Windbg, process monitor, Performance monitor tools and debugging networking related issues using network monitor
Azure: IaaS, PaaS, DaaS, Vnet, VPN Gateway, Load Balancer, Redis Cache, Azure Automation, Key Vault, AAD, Azure CLI, Azure PowerShell, ARM templates, Resource Groups, Subscriptions etc.
AWS: EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, Auto scaling, RDS, AMI, IAM, Glacier, SQS, Cloud Watch, R53 etc.
CI/CD & DevOps: VSTS, GIT, GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins, Azure automation, Azure CLI, PowerShell, troposphere, Boto, Grunt, Packer
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Windows 2008/2012/2016 Servers, Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu)
Web/App Servers: IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5/8.0/8.5/10 Administration
Databases: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008/2005
Web Technologies: ASP.NET 2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0/5.0 , HTML
Languages: C#, Python, SQL, ASP.NET
Cloud/Virtualization: Confidential Azure (IaaS, PaaS), AWS, HYPER - V, VMWARE
Containers: Docker, Swarm mode, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
Monitoring tools: SCOM, OMS, Cloud watch, Dynatrace, Splunk
Load Balancers: Network load balancer (NLB), F5 Big IP
Scripting/Config Mgmt: PowerShell, Shell, Python, Node.js / DSC, Ansible, Chef, Terraform
TCP/IP: WINS, DNS, DHCP, WCF
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Azure DevOps Engineer
- Setup the build and release pipelines in Azure DevOps and troubleshoot the build issues and the deployment related issues.
- Configuring the CI/CD pipelines for function app, web apps, APIM, .net core and SQL database and data warehouse projects.
- Setup the CI/CD pipelines for the Azure data factory, Azure Databricks, monitor the Azure data factory pipelines and trouble the integration run time and linked connection issues.
- Setup the infrastructure pipelines using the DevOps tooling, ARM templates, Azure CLI, power shell and python.
- Setup the unit testing and code coverage for the .net core and the python projects.
- Good experience in Azure IaaS and PaaS including provisioning VM's, virtual hard disks, virtual networks, deploying web apps and creating web-Jobs. Design, develop, plan and migrate servers, relational databases (SQL) and websites to Confidential Azure cloud.
- Experienced in Azure platform development, deployment concepts and Windows Azure Multi-factor authentications. Experience in supporting applications hosted in Azure cloud services and Windows Azure platform services
- Actively participate in various aspects of designing and implementing solutions in IT infrastructure with emphasis on Azure cloud and hybrid solutions.
- Implement high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity, and high availability best practices. Good experience in Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices.
- Technical authoring, including infrastructure design and architecture (Server, DMZ, Virtualization, Storage, Network, Database, Security and Governance). Good experience in designing and developing inbound marketing and lead generation tools for DevOps and Cloud Computing.
- Creating Azure Backup vault and protecting required VMs to take the VM level backups. Shaped the backup and retention policy for the client and leveraged Azure Backups. Implemented a backup and DR solution using Azure Site Recovery (ASR).
- Hands on experience in debugging and diagnosing platform outages on cloud platform
- Provide support to internal projects running on MS Azure platform for high availability of services, low operational costs. Handle escalated Support tickets till closure for MS Azure IaaS and PaaS platform
- Azure Availability and Scalability - Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure resource Manager
- Azure Storage Planning - Migrated Blob Storage for document and media files, Table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging for workflow processing and file storage to share file data.
- Worked on expiring object renewals, cert renewals in Azure. Worked on configuring traffic manager in Azure
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DNS settings, and security policies and routing. Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets
- Work with developers, DBA, and systems support personnel in elevating and automating successful code to production.
- Provided on-call support to production system to resolve any issues.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Azure DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for managing Azure cloud (ASM & ARM) with major focus on Windows IaaS machines. Good experience in working with PaaS and SaaS offerings. Extensive experience using PowerShell, automation runbooks, workflows and DSC for automation tasks.
- Responsible for monitoring the vulnerabilities and managing the security of the Azure infrastructure by deploying the AzSecPack and using security advisor.
- Prepare, patch and deploy custom classic images and ARM images across all the subscriptions. Worked on automating the patching of VHDs, creating custom images and automating the complete deployment process.
- Automate the end to end deployment of the Hyper-V machines, SQL installation and the configuration of the SQL always on availability groups.
- Automate the creation of virtual machine scale sets, managing the scale sets and deploying the applications to the scale sets.
- Experience in deploying the applications to app services in Azure and responsible for trouble shooting the Azure gateway, WAF, ILB, Azure DNS zones and application errors.
- Good experience working with T-SQL, Azure log analytics and the Kusto queries.
- Experience in working with the Docker, Ansible and Kubernetes. Responsible for creating the Ansible playbooks, deploying the Azure container instances, Azure container registry and Azure Kubernetes clusters
- Responsible for migration of applications to Azure. Worked on web role and worker roles, storage accounts, CDN, and service bus for the data availability in global level.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the data sync issues between the databases in SQL Azure.
- Responsible for analyzing the Azure spend, TCO and cost optimization. Prepare and publish the Power BI reports as needed.
- Handled security, performance, and tuning issues on Web servers to optimize performance
- Implemented and maintained backup and maintenance procedures to ensure reliability
- Setting up and monitored transactional replication, Database mirroring, clustering on Production, servers
- Experience in provisioning the Azure DevTest Labbs, Management groups, DNS zones, WAF rules, SQL servers, SQL databases, Elastic pools etc
- Responsible for providing the support for the WTT framework as well as the Confidential internal services and C# tools. Responsible for providing the Azure infrastructure support for the SQL Builds and the tests for the legacy and new SQL product releases/trains.
- Provided 8*5 on-call support for the team.
Confidential, Tukwila, WA
Azure Infrastructure Developer - DevOps
- Good experience in Azure cloud (ASM & ARM) including IaaS and PaaS. Good experience in using Shell, PowerShell, Python, Node.js, Ansible and chef for configuration management and automation tasks.
- Provide production support for the services hosted on both windows and Linux machines.
- Worked on PowerShell active directory, user automation. Worked on custom image creation using packer build, Docker, provisioning images using chef-solo provision and GitLab pipeline configuration
- Created grunt tasks using grunt automation build tool for infrastructure deployments using Azure ARM templates. Good experience in creating and customizing ARM templates.
- Promote images between environments and also from one subscription to other using grunt
- Enable MFA for all users using automation script and runbook. Integrate AD with LinOtp, an open source used for MFA to access backend Linux workstation.
- Create Vnet, Subnet, NSG, NIC, VM, VM Extension, Key Vaults, Scale Set, Load balancer etc using the internal automation framework.
- Create new projects and azure environments for onboarding teams using the integrated Node.js scripts, Shell, Python and PowerShell scripts
- Developed and maintained chef cookbooks for various services like Artifactory, GitLab, MediaWiki, OMS, Jenkins, LinOTP. Write unit tests and integration tests for the chef recipes and testing them using kitchen. Write test cases for Shell, PowerShell, Node.js using BATS, pester and mocha respectively.
- Create and manage the web apps, web jobs, traffic manager, app service environments, Azure functions, cloud services and setting up the CI/CD using the VSTS for web apps.
- Associate routes with Virtual networks via the route table per relationship constraints. Manage IP Forwarding for VMs and role instances acting as virtual appliances
- Implemented, integrated and monitored Key Vault; Managed Prevention policy; Used Security Center recommendations and partner solutions to remediate issues; Integrated and analyzed Security Center Insights with Power BI
- Created Azure web application projects, updated and deployed ASP .NET web apps, web jobs using Visual Studio, GitHub and Azure Resource Manager
- VM-level and file/folder level Backup and recovery using Windows Azure recovery services.
- Implement CIS benchmark standards for the cloud security and also implement the Azure best practices for securing the workloads in the cloud.
- Responsible for deploying and managing the applications using the Azure app service, cloud services and implements other Azure PaaS solutions.
- Worked on Security groups audit tool, developed on PowerShell Azure module. Rollout changes from one environment to other environment (onboarding, dev, test, prod) with minimal downtime.
- Actively involved in Program increments, sprint and release planning events.
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
Azure Platform Engineer
- Responsible for managing Azure and AWS environment. Manage and provide 24x7 support for the production servers hosted in Azure, VMware and on-premises environments.
- Automate the infrastructure deployments using the ARM templates, power shell, Azure CLI, DSC, Chef and Cisco process orchestrator.
- Configure SQL server always on 2012 and 2014 SQL instances present in Azure IaaS environment. Configure the failover clusters, app gateway and Azure load balancers.
- Configure Azure site to site VPN, express route circuits, virtual networks, peering, subnets and gateways. Secure the cloud environment by using the firewall cluster virtual appliances, web applications firewall, NSG, UDR and NAT rules
- Migrate the infrastructure from the VMware to the Azure using the ASR. Perform platform supported migration of the infrastructure from the ASM to ARM architecture.
- Secure and monitor the Linux and Windows systems by implementing the tools like SCOM, OMS Insights and analytics, security and compliance, change tracking, AD assessment, malware assessment, update assessment, Azure audit and threat detection, Azure advisor, Imperva, Vormetric, Dynatrace, Splunk, bit9, carbon black, Qualys
- Implement the Azure native backup, encryption, disk encryption, Azure key vault integration, snapshots for the Azure workloads and implementing Avamar backups and Vormetric encryption for the classic workloads.
- Configure an ILB listener for Always on Availability Groups in Azure and configure external load balancer. Orchestrated Azure automation power shell scrips and run books. Hands-on experience in deploying and administering systems in Azure environments
- Migrating Services from On-premises to Azure Cloud Environments. Infrastructure Migrations: Drive Operational efforts to migrate all legacy services to a fully Virtualized Infrastructure.
- Design client server telemetry adopting latest monitoring techniques. Handle End User Customer and Business escalations efficiently within given SLA's.
- Manage Azure AD, register applications in Azure AD, configured SSO and multifactor Authentication; implement B2B and B2C, Implement RBAC, Azure RMS and EMS, Sync directories using Azure AD connect.
- Manage BLOB, table, queue and file storage. Moving VM’s across storage accounts and subscriptions. Convert unmanaged VM’s and availability sets to managed resources
- Deploy Azure container services, Azure batch jobs, virtual machine scale sets and work on power shell run books to deploy and manage resources using Azure automation
- Experience in migrating SQL Server databases to Azure SQL Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard. Responsible for troubleshooting the data sync issues between the databases in SQL Azure. Deploy applications to Azure Cloud. Work on Azure TCO
- Responsible for troubleshooting the issues, monitoring the performance related to the Windows, Linux IaaS VM’s, app services and work with support teams
- Working on change management process for application deployments, platform level developments and provide on-call support for the production environment
- Configure Traffic Manager using Load Balancing Methods (Performance, Round Robin &Failover)
- Convert VMware (vmdk) to Azure (vhd) using Confidential Virtual Machine Converter (MVMC)
- Create and Manage Custom Roles using Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Configure Azure auto scaling using Azure scale metric CPU.
- Executing technical feasibility assessments, solution estimations and proposal development for moving identified workloads on VMware to Azure.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Cloud Support Engineer
- Responsible for developing PowerShell scripts to spin virtual machines, cloud services, network security groups and internal load balancer in IaaS environment
- Responsible to troubleshoot and fix issues with services like micro services, platform services (PaaS), web and database servers. Leveraged "Azure Automation" and PowerShell, Chef and DSC to automate processes in the Azure Cloud
- Worked on storage accounts, CDN, and service bus for the data availability in global level
- Good experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, resource groups, express route, traffic Manager, VPN, load Balancing, application Gateways, auto-Scaling.
- Planning and implementing Disaster Recovery solutions, capacity planning, data archiving, backup/recovery strategies, Performance Analysis and optimization
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365)
- Good experience in managing Azure Storage Accounts. Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups. Responsible for creating automation tasks for both IaaS and PaaS using PowerShell
- Responsible for creating alerts and monitoring the web applications using OMS, AppInsights and creating reports using the power Business intelligence.
- Responsible for Administration and troubleshooting web-applications hosted using IIS 8.5
- Improved scalability by creating Classic applications and deploy published websites from visual studio as web roles and API windows services as Worker roles in Azure Instances.
- Migrated Azure’s Build contexts to CloudBuild and Cloud Delivery Pipeline(CDP) for Compliant and continuous Integrations
- Enhanced Release and Change management of builds by creating one boxes using the subscriptions and develop, execute PowerShell smoke test scripts
- Instrumented applications by introducing event level, task level logging to storage systems for better understanding of user analytics
- Expose virtual machines and cloud services in the VNets to the Internet using Azure external load balancer. Provided high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Internal Load Balancer
- Utilize NSGs for layer 4 Access Control List (ACLs) for incoming and outgoing packets. Used firewall appliance where requirements call for layer 7 security models.
- Leveraged VNET system routes and underlying route table that holds local VNet rules, internet Rules and IP forwarding as design basis. Design User Defined Routes with custom route tables for specific cases to force tunneling to the Internet via On-premise network and control use of virtual appliances in the customer's Azure environment.
- Reduced escalation noise and outage of applications by debugging IIS connection issues and re initiating indexes, System analytics on database and windows servers
- Acquired transcription of code builds by integrating them to TFS after deployments to Production. Experienced in creating build definitions and configuring continuous integration using Release Manager.
- Designed and managed build and release methodologies using TFS for .NET Applications
- Created and executed build plans and deploy artifacts for specified products in various environments (User testing to Prod)
- Taken responsibility for developing processes, tools, automation for TFS based Software / Firmware build system and delivering SW Builds for surface projects
- Participated in daily triage meetings, reviewing bugs which are resolved and which are out of SLA, working on-call rotation environment and participating in weekly and monthly review meetings
- Extensively collaborated with product development & engineering teams
- Good experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle from feasibility study, requirements analysis, architecture, design, development, implementation, test to maintenance and software enhancements
- Installed and configured IIS and SQL on production servers, Hosted ASP, ASP.NET and HTML web on windows 2008 servers
- Provide support in the deployment of core infrastructure products in a global distributed computing environment
- Provide deep technical insight and hands on help to drive to root cause and resolution for any known application or structural insufficiencies
- Experience in analyzing IIS logs by using Log parser tool, DEBUGDIAG, WinDbg tools, troubleshooting issues using windows event logs
- Creating and troubleshooting stored procedures, indexes, views using TSQL and Worked with developers to tune the SQL queries using SQL Profiler
- Responsible for maintaining backups and restores for multiple SQL Server databases
- Debugging deadlocks and other database performance issues using SQL Profiler
- Responsible for implementing and supporting high availability solutions with SQL Server including SQL Replication/Log Shipping/Mirroring
- Configured WCF web service applications for different bindings Configured replication and involved in debugging replication issues. Installed Active/passive Confidential SQL Clustering using 2 nodes in production environment
- Responsible for Query optimization and performance tuning
- Managed firewall settings and install and configure server s to ensure the users/groups requests for the web applications
- Experience working on various applications as a support administrator and work towards resolving issues as per SLA’s Installed and configured SSL s to ensure web site security and proactively taking measures to keep web site up and running
- Migrated web applications to application servers using MS-Deploy, ROBOCOPY tools
- Good working experience in setting up cluster environment for Load balancing and high availability of Windows servers Setting up of databases, connection pools
- Manage DNS entries in Forward and Reverse lookup zones. Configured site links and created new DHCP scope, configured IP helper, reserve and keep IP reservations active
- Good Experience Building Virtual machines using Hyper-v and VMWARE technologies.
- Provided on-call support to production system to resolve any issues
- Provided on-call support to production system to resolve any issues
- Created, updated, and deleted user/domain accounts upon requests in Active directory
- Participated in trouble shooting issues for user/group authentication and authorization issues and browser issues
- Manage site links and trust relationships between the domains
- Performed debugging on CPU, memory and Network issues like memory leakage, high processor using applications and port problems
- Analyze system logs, applications logs and security logs for web applications to analyze issues and trouble shoot issues
- Configured and maintained servers that are configured with application servers
- Setting up cluster environment for Load balancing and high availability of Windows servers setting up of databases, connection pools
- Configure IIS security, windows firewall rules, hardware and software load balancers
- Installed different versions of .Net Framework on several windows server in both production and Pre-Production environments
- Implement and preserve backup and maintenance procedures to ensure reliability
- Configure and maintain different application pools and assigned number of worker process to our websites
- Created and Configured Virtual Directories Using IIS Manger to support new additional applications located in different place to the existing Web Sites
- Periodically perform Disaster Recovery tests and assessments
- Responsible for day to day systems management, ensure reliability and performance of systems in production data centers and pre-production environments
- Responsible to apply systems with Hotfixes, Service Packs, Update Rollups and security updates periodically
- Worked with developers, DBA, and systems support personnel in elevating and automating successful code to production