- Primary Middleware Run team resource for Future Core (BaNCS) applications.
- Automated patching, rolling back, and getting status of a patch on WebLogic Server.
- Automated the process of Oracle WebLogic Server Installation, and creation of WebLogic Domain.
- Automated shutdown, and restart of the Oracle WebLogic Server and Node Manager.
- Automated deploying and un - deploying and updating applications to Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Automated patching, rolling back a patch, getting the status of a patch for Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Administer application servers of multi platforms which includes: Oracle WebLogic Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server, Red Hat JBoss
- Responsible for managing Tier-1 applications in all environments including Production and DR.
- Mentoring new members of the middleware, and IAS team.
- Enhanced the Branch Capture system, which stabilized the production environment that reduced number of P1s and increased up time of the production environment.
- Developed scripts to automate administration tasks of WebLogic Servers; including: application deployment, shutdown, restart, rotate log files, monitor database connections, create thread dumps, create heap dump.
- Developed BladeLogic script to automate the recycling the application server on scheduled intervals.
- Developed scripts to Install WebLogic Domain, WebLogic Server, and Node Manager.
- Developed scripts for adding resources to a WebLogic Server, modifying its configuration, and deleting its resources.
Senior Systems Engineer/Project Lead
- Administering Solaris Zones
- Administering Virtual Solaris x86
- Installing Solaris 8,9,10 Operating Systems, using Jumpstart
- Administering file systems
- Managing disk storage utilizing EMC and Veritas volume manager
- Installing Patches
- Monitoring performance and backup of Solaris operating systems
- Managing Groups and User accounts
- Developed a system that allowed support staff to manage pharmacy servers remotely on secure connection to meet Sarbanes-Oxley standards; utilizing C, SQL, rsync.
- Developed a tool for Data Security group to manage user accounts utilizing PERL, SSH.
- Maintained and Enhanced an in-house developed tool which monitored systems resources for capacity planning.
- Developed packages in UNIX/Linux native package format.
- Developed a tool for support staff for managing devices on store’s network by manipulating DHCP, DNS and ARP tables on pharmacy server, which increased store’s uptime by 30%.
- Assisted in a project which implemented Marimba software on corporate UNIX/Linux servers.
- Led a project and carried out proof of concept for retail infrastructure based on virtualization technology utilizing VMware GSX 3.1 and RHEL 3.
- Created RPMs that configured VMware GSX 3.1 and Windows 2003 Virtual
- Active member of a team who performed server capacity planning.
Senior Systems/Network Engineer
- Implemented Nagios as monitoring and paging system for the entire enterprise. Developed scripts and policies, using shell/C/Perl, to monitor processes, health of applications, web/SOAP services, DB2 and Berkeley databases, growth of log files, parsing of log files for Intrusion detection and misbehaving of those applications and services.
- Installed, configured and maintained IBM's WebSphere and IBM's HTTP server as the web server and admin site for enterprise. Applied patches and upgrades via EAR files for application services.
- Created system/network performance reports for clients and members of board of directors.
- Designed a system that collected from 200 different servers from around the world and creating reports for auditing, and billings.
- Installed and managed SUSE operating systems
- Installed Red Hat operating systems using kickstart
- Administered file systems
- Managed disk storage including Data Arrays.
- Installed patches and systems upgrades
- Monitored performance and backup of Linux operating systems
- Managed Groups and User accounts