Hands - on technical Business Analyst/System Administrator with strong analytical skills and a proven track record delivering meaningful solutions within a high pressure, fast-paced trading floor environment, as well as the flexibility to work in a smaller, less structured environment. Strengths include the ability to identify business needs of clients and stakeholders and help define technology solutions to alleviate business problems.
SQL, Solaris, UNIX Shell Scripting, MS Office, git
Confidential, New York, NY
System Administrator, Consultant
- Analyze, recommend, and implement a resilient agile infrastructure in a small entrepreneurial enterprise.
- Proficiently resolve all emerging issues, such as performance, access, and configuration.
- Utilize git, a version control system, to set up repositories on local desktops, servers, and github
- Researched, recommended, and implemented JungleDisk backups
- Researched and identified Cloud hosting vendor
- Proactively monitor system health to prevent and resolve outages
- Created shell scripts to automate system administration tasks including back-ups, adding users, and parsing logs
- Provide user support, demonstrating strong discernment in understanding and meeting needs
Confidential, New York, NY
- Analyzed, developed and built business cases and led development of Business Requirements Documents, Functional Requirements Documents, test plans and SDLC processes that ensured adherence to internal and external SDLC compliance issues.
- Built tools and processes to facilitate the identification of patterns of failure and recovery within applications, services and organizations across the Confidential .
- Applied a manufacturing Quality Assurance approach to deliver IT solutions for business initiatives by determining where improvement activity should be focused and prioritized to reduce frequency and duration of incidents that impacted the profitability of the Confidential .
- Measured resiliency of the operating environment by using a metric, Business Process Index, to quantify the level of service provided by IT to the business users based on Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Analyzed, normalized, scrubbed and collected Incident and SLA data
- Reported resiliency of the operating environment to senior management using BIRT, requiring SQL and charting expertise
- Formulated approaches and al material to guide operate groups in defining SLAs with their businesses
- Expanded the program beginning with a manual process working with Excel spreadsheets to automated processes, from 20 applications to 800+
- Contributed to the development of a foundation for storing collected historical data in a data warehouse by defining concepts, data models and processes
- Led design and support of the Cheetah application, the Confidential first client-facing website for investment grade corporate bond offerings, high yield bonds, short term fixed income, and portfolio management. The application, which has now become part of the Confidential portal (Morgan Markets), provides calculations, analytics, data storage and retrieval services for credit products for both internal employees and external clients
- Configured and maintained servers and architecture
- Led migration from original configuration through the releases of all application and infrastructure software and hardware
- Started at Solaris 2.6, Netscape, LDAP based authentication, Verity document repository and search engine, and manual processes to Solaris 2.8, the bank standard of distributed software integration packages, Apache, Weblogic, and proprietary single-sign on
- Proactively initiated automated system and application monitoring and maintenance, code deployment, and client notification of pending bond offerings
- Coordinated with front office and technology support groups including Network, Market Data, System Administrators and Firewall to design, install, and configure appropriate infrastructure and software to support risk analysis, automated machine trading, machine matrix pricing, bond and credit derivative pricing and real-time intraday adaptive statistical analyses
- Designated by management to be first member of new UNIX support group in Confidential
- Collaborated to build and support the first comprehensive UNIX trading floor
- Migrated the trading floor from older VAX technologies to the newer UNIX based architecture, requiring proficiency in different variations of UNIX, primarily Solaris, as well as technologies that had not been used before
- Piloted, implemented and automated many of the procedures and applications used to manage the trading environment, e.g., Jumpstart, NetBackup, NISplus, DNS, AutoSys, Veritas, SEOS, BoKs, SunNet Manager, Tivoli, data center reboots, Netscape
- Implemented, supported, and maintained the first Internet email gateway in the bank
- Purchased and maintained the first internet domain name and participated in negotiations to sell it when the bank no longer required it
System Administrator / System Engineer
- Migrated the text based email system, Confidential, to the latest, graphical user interface based version providing scalability and ease of integration
- Integrated Confidential with the heritage Comet email system from Manufacturers Hanover
- Worked with DEC engineers to deploy the DEC implementation of DNS, an untried technology, prior to migrating to a UNIX platform
- Provided support for all system procedures such as maintenance, backups, and upgrades
- Migrated the Division to new hardware and operating system, VAX 750, from PDP-1134
- Designed, implemented and maintained a database (Scientific Information Retrieval Systems) for patient information, including record schemas, data entry forms, query design (pre SQL), data analyses using SAS, and report generation for NIH research grants, used in the Emergency Room as well as clinics in all Sickle Cell Centers in New York
- Programmed a patient billing package using DCL prior to the availability of a commercial product
- Tailored Multiplan, one of the first spreadsheet packages (pre excel) to accommodate NIH research grant and special funds accountings