- Over 20 years of IT experience including Operations, Programming, System Administration, (mainframe, LAMPs environments)
- Key team member for multiple software / system integrations and upgrades; met all milestones and timeframes.
- Key team member for corporate projects transitioning applications from mainframe to shared corporate systems.
- Experienced with automated scheduling systems in mainframe and Linux environments.
Extensive knowledge of Programming languages: COBOL, ECL / JCL, Perl, SQL); XML / API, VB, Ruby, PHP, HTML, CSS, jQuery
Databases: MySQL, NDB cluster, Unisys DMS, Progress
Operating Systems: Unisys OS 2200, Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac OSX
Applications: Nagios, MONyog, AWS (S3, EC2, Glacier), Git, Xen, NetScaler, Cognos, Microsoft Office Suite, Experience with object - oriented programming, structured programming, agile, scrum
Confidential, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Software Developer / System Administrator
- Setup, configure, and maintain network & systems infrastructure (including VMs in Xen, firewall configurations, load balancing, database maintenance).
- Enhancement and design of new features for hosted BSS/OSS solution.
- Develop custom scripts for Nagios monitoring.
- Fully test all changes including writing of test suites when applicable.
Confidential, West Palm Beach, FL
Senior Business Analyst
- Developed financial summaries; performed analysis of business unit results.
- Created complex financial reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Analyzed rate structures for all segments of advertising and estimated annual yield.
- Assisted in updating compensation structures, commission statements and commission calculations.
Developer Analyst / Systems Analyst
- Analyzed and evaluated present/proposed business solutions to define IT needs.
- Designed and developed new business applications, modified existing business applications as needed.
- Key member of corporate project to replace existing circulation packages with Confidential circulation system at four Confidential newspapers.
- Lead analyst - required interfaces for circulation system at four Confidential newspapers.
- Performed site data conversion from existing circulation application into shared corporate system.
- Implemented/configured SMA Opcon automated job scheduler on mainframe for automation of batch-run business applications.
- Implemented/maintained IVR (voice recognition) system.
- Designed/developed database driven dynamic web application using PHP/MySQL.
- Key member of team for implementation of new ad order entry system; tested and assisted with configuration of interfaces between ad order entry software and Unisys billing system.
Mainframe Computer Operator
- Monitored and controlled computer and peripheral electronic data processing equipment.
- Entered commands/set controls on computers and peripheral devices.
- Monitored and responded to operating and error messages regarding processes and computer/data processing equipment. Shift leader when supervisor was not present.