Senior System Administrator/Engineer
- More than fifteen years of enterprise IT experience providing design, analysis, development, deployment and operation support
- Hands - on system engineering and implementation expertise of Multiple Operating System, Platforms, Cloud Computing
- Experience of 24 X 7 support for production environments. Problem Identification, Troubleshooting & Resolution Expertise
- Extensive Experience of Project Management, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering), RCA (Root Cause Analysis) SLA (Service Level Agreement), DRE (Disaster Recovery Exercises)
- IBM Certified System Administrators -- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, WebSphere MQ
- Strong data communication and networking knowledge. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Internet Troubleshooting (CIT)
- ITIL v3 certified
Operating System Platform: UNIX (AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX), Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8), VMWare and MS Windows
Programming Language: Unix Shell Scripting, Perl, CGI Scripting, Python/Jython, Java, Matlab
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernete, Docker
Database: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server
Enterprise Reporting Tool: IBM Cognos, OpenText
Network Applications and Tools: Cisco Equipment, Motorola Equipment, Concord Network Health, Tivoli Netview, Sniffer Network, Cisco Works, ProActiveNet
IBM Platforms: IBM WebSphere Application Server; IBM Process Server; IBM WebSphere ESB; IBM WebSphere MQ; IBM FileNet; IBM DataStage; IBM Data Power; IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager (ITCAM), IBM Tivoli Access Manager for E-Business with WebSEAL, IBM Tivoli Identity Manager
IBM Others: IBM WebSphere Business Modeler, IBM WebSphere Integration Developer, IBM Rational ClearCase, Wily Introscope, CA Clarity (Niku), RAFW automation tool
Confidential, Boston, MA
Senior System and Network SME
- Business Intelligence Reporting Team Focal
- System architecture design, planning, analysis, capacity planning, DRE (disaster recovery engineering), Performance tuning, System Monitor configuration, and System/batch jobs automation…
- WebSphere family (ND, Liberty), Redhat linux, VM, Unix (Solaris/AIX)
Business Intelligence Tools: IBM Cognos, BIRT Actuate (OpenText)
Confidential, Pleasanton CA
WebSphere Portal Engineer
- Perform WebSphere configuration changes, version upgrades and patches across all environments including Production.
- Application Code deployment, Coordination with Operations teams and business users for builds, issue, problem, and change management processes.
- Proactively identify and resolve production application stability or availability issues by leveraging in-house analysis and monitoring tools.
- Ensure high availability through capacity planning and performance management processes.
- Document operational procedures where required.
- Installation, configuration and support of WebSphere Portal Server Operation Support Unix/Linux OS
Confidential, Portland OR
- Defining, planning, implementing, and overseeing tasks, projects and other initiatives in support of the corporate Infrastructure
- Leading role of WebSphere Application Server 7.0 migration
- Leading role of DataStage 8.5 migration
- Building new L2 operation support team.
- Define, evaluate, transition L3 operation tasks to L2.
- Operation Support WebSphere Portal, ECM production environment
- Operation Support Unix/Linux OS
Confidential, Salem, OR
- Leading SOA evaluation project of the Confidential
- Providing guidance of WebSphere application server 7.0 migration at Confidential
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Design, Analyze, install, customize and support application solution in large and complex enterprise environment
- Capacity planning, security analysis, network planning, database consulting, performance tuning, and disaster recovery planning.
- WebSphere Application Server farm consolidation and migration
- J2EE application deployment on IBM WebSphere ND v5.1, v6.0, v6.1
- WebSphere Performance monitoring and tuning,
- Enterprise Applications on-call support
- Routine process automation using shell, jython, and perl
Confidential, Omaha, Nebraska
WebSphere Business Integration Engineer
- Providing technical expertise and guidance on WebSphere /J2EE administration approaches. Installs, configures, tests, WebSphere based solutions on UNIX, Linux, and Windows
- Expert on WebSphere based products.
- Monitors, optimizes and tunes WebSphere /J2EE based solutions in both single node and clustered environments
- Developing ESB /SOA architecture solutions consistent with best practice architecture standards while using various IBM WebSphere ESB tools: /products
- Designing and implementing cross-platform, interoperable solutions infrastructure utilizing IBM WebSphere
- Instructor of Data Communication and Networking
Confidential, Omaha, Nebraska
Operation System Engineer
- Responsible for administering a large cluster of WebSphere Application v5.x servers running in an AIX and Linux environment.
- The WebSphere Application Servers are supporting a large mission critical J2EE middleware application that connects to IHS on the front end and a legacy system on the backend
- Completely and solely responsible for the installation, configuration, support, deployment, upgrade, and troubleshooting of WebSphere Application Servers
- Work closely with the project manager, Unix Administrators, J2EE Development Groups, Quality Assurance Staff and DBA on the planning, developing, deploying, and supporting of new production applications
- Developing and customized a system resource monitor, SLA alarm for upper management report and capacity planning
- Set up and automated Batch Processing jobs for statement loading/purging, and multiple other processes
- Key provider of day-to-day operation and 24x7 on-call support including troubleshooting, report, resolving software (internal/third party) and hardware related issues
- Standardizing and documenting operation procedure. Providing weekly training on new product, troubleshooting skills