- Customer - focused QA Systems Test Engineer with extensive experience in hardware and software testing on fault tolerant servers. Demonstrated track record of quickly adapting to changing demands with sense of urgency to pro-actively prevent issues. Recognized by managers and peers for patience, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server and Exchange Server.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting hardware, software, LAN, network protocol TCP/IP, proxies, firewall, ssh, ftp, http/https.
- Windows Server and Client (Windows NT/XP/7.0 Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2).
- RHEL - Linux, based operating system and VMWare Vsphere.
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint and MS FrontPage/html.
- Testing Fault Tolerant Server System Software (ftSSS) for Microsoft® Windows®, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®,and VMware® vSphere operating systems on ftServer platforms.
- Expertise in Active Service Network (ASN) and in Pilot/Virtual Technician Module (VTM) subsystem testing as well as any other areas where needed.
Confidential, Maynard, MA
Systems Test Engineer
- Corrected configuration issues that had eluded system technicians and attacked escalated problems considered contentious among end-users.
- Researched, evaluated and recommended automation test tools for the team to increase productivity (recommended SilkTest for ASN/Pilot automation)
- Point person for ASN testing and liaison with all relevant development teams including NEC and customer support team, developed a good rapport by providing a high level of detail in working through bugs encountered.
- Resolved outstanding/critical issues to reduce delays by troubleshooting to identify the failures, analyze and trace report sand submit bugs to developers/triage.
- Logged/tracked bugs using bug tracking systems (QTS, Spot, Bugzilla).
- Accomplished a challenging and demanding ASN testing when BMC/Pilot code merged ensuring the merged code issues were resolved for the upcoming release.
- Collaborated with the development team during unit and IT test to ensure proper test coverage exists and to gain insight into issues being discovered before the start of the Windows release.
- Analyzed and capitalized on the initial shortcomings of ASN on the Windows release to enhance ASN test template for ftSSS for Linux and ESX OS releases.
- Determined proper level of testing scenarios required for the BIOS/BMC qualifications to capture and prevent any potential incompatibility issues.
- Qualified the new BIOSes from NEC for Gemini and Libra incorporating the latest Intel microcode on Windows, Linux and ESX operating systems.
- Provided ASN on-site training and occasional troubleshooting for co-workers.
- Identified bugs eliminating defects, and providing customers with a system that reacts when failures occur by generating automatic alarm alert that is sent to Stratus customer support for immediate response and resolution.
Customer Support / Technical Support Analyst
- Provided Technical and product usage support for clients and Sales staff for problem resolution, software installation and upgrade; onsite, by phone and by other electronic means.
- Traveled to client sites for installation and configuration of AIM, Tap and Micropal Workstation proprietary software application.
- Analyzed and replicated customer reported problems and follow up on any open issues by verbal and written communications ensuring 100% satisfaction.
- Interpreted and processed all financial and non-financial client requests and log incoming and outgoing call in Client Tele (Database for Client Tracking).
- Collaborated with programmers and developers, analyzed and corrected Y2K bugs in our software to prevent Y2K financial problems for external clients.