- 7 years of overall experience in IT industry comprising Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, Automation, Deployment. Extensive experience in SCM, DevOps, Azure, AWS, Build/Release Management, Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Expertise in utilizing entire AWS stack including (EC2,ECS, ELB, S3, EBS, VPC, AMI, SNS, SQS, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Auto scaling, CloudFront, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Terraform, OpsWork, Security Groups) focusing on fault tolerance, high availability, and auto - scaling.
- Worked on Azure web application , App services , Azure storage , Azure SQL Database , Virtual machines Fabric controller , Azure AD , Azure search and notification hub.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure stack (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Experience in various Azure services such as Azure Compute services, Data Factory, Active Directory and Media and content delivery.
- Migrating On-premise production infrastructure into Amazon Web Services utilizing Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, Code Deploy, EBS and OpsWork.
- Experience on Cloud innovations including Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service supplier (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes. Involved in development of test environment on Docker containers and configuring Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes.
- Experience in integrating Cloud Bees Jenkins Enterprise with Docker container using Docker Enterprise, Kubernetes pipeline plugin and provisioned the EC2 instance using Amazon EC2 plugin.
- Experience on Github, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipeline, Docker, Chef, AWS, Artifactory, Sonarqube, Confidential Urbancode Deploy to automate the release process.
- Worked with OpenShift platform in managing Docker Containers, Kubernetes Clusters and implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure and created Jenkins jobs to deploy applications to Kubernetes Cluster.
- Experience in creating Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, managed Docker volume and implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model.
- Proficient experience on DevOps essential tools like GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools like Jenkins for automated builds and to build and implement the end to end automation process.
- Worked on SCM tools like GIT for Tagging, Branching and Merging to maintain the version on Linux platform and used GIT to keep track of all changes in code.
- Used build tools like Maven for building deployable artifacts such as jar, war and ear from source code.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS instances and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Strong experience in source code management tools in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across environments using Git and Bitbucket on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Good hands-on experience with various scripting tools such as Python, Shell, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby and Perl for automating various cron jobs and notification process.
Cloud Platforms: Microsoft Azure, AWS
Azure Services: VM’s, AKS, Service Fabric, Container Instances, Azure Pipelines, Blob storage, Backup, Table storage.
AWS Services: EC2, EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, LAMBDA, Kinesis, Firehose, SSM, IAM, ELB, VPC, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, Route 53, SQS, SNS, X-ray.
Scripting Languages: Pyspark, Python, Java/J2EE, Shell/Bash
Version Control Tools: GIT, BitBucket, SVN, CVS
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Database Systems: MongoDB, AWS RDS, Dynamo DB
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Monitoring Tools: CloudWatch, Nagios, Prometheus, ELK, Splunk
Artifactory: Nexus, JFrog
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic
Orchestration Tools: Terraform, CloudFormation
Network Services: TCP/IP, Sub-netting, DNS, NFS, NIS, SSH, DHCP
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer/Coach
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to architect cloud-based solutions of systems and infrastructures.
- Setting up infrastructure to host applications in AWS cloud (Services like EC2, EKS, route 53, CloudFront, lambda, API gateway)
- Designed and configured AWS Cloudformation templates to create customized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templates.
- Integrate Team city with various DevOps tools such as TFS, GitHub, Maven, Nexus, Artifactory, SonarQube, Ansible for Continuous Integration and Delivery environment and use Helm charts to deploy Pods on Kubernetes container environment.
- Developed Terraform templates to provision Load balancers, EC2 instances with auto scaling and monitoring.
- Setting up CloudWatch alarms and dashboards for monitoring the applications in AWS. Configured and maintained RDS in AWS for MySQL database.
- Set up private networks and public sub-networks using Virtual private cloud (VPC) and created security groups to associate with these networks using Cloudformation as IaaC implementation.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups to support Load balancing of application traffic and implemented Session based Load balancing with application load balancer.
- Configured Access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
- Provisioned API’s using API Gateway via CloudFormation to establish data transfer between client and third-party vendors.
- Used AWS Import/Export accelerates moving large amounts of data in and out of AWS using portable storage devices for transport.
- Implementing Microsoft Azure (Public) Cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Create Virtual Machines through Power Shell Script and Azure Portal .
- Creating Storage Pool and Stripping of Disk for Azure Virtual Machines . Backup, Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup .
- Implementing Virtual machines and cloud services in the VNets to the Internet using Azure External Load Balancer .
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software-based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Implementing Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, Open stack, designing /establishing Cloud Infrastructure (PaaS, IaaS), RDBMS database systems.
- Implemented continuous deployment using Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and CloudBees Jenkins to support application suite deployment into staging environment.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers within multiple namespaces.
- Developed CI/CD system with CloudBees Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Established infrastructure and service monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana for containers inside Kubernetes. Used Grafana for Dashboards and visualization of Kubernetes Cluster.
- Configured various jobs in CloudBees Jenkins for deployment of Python/Java based applications and performed static code analysis using Sonarqube.
- Implementing various resources in Azure using Azure Portal , PowerShell on Azure Resource Manager deployment models. Deployed Infrastructure as a Code (IaaC) applications using ARM Templates (JSON).
- Worked with OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Used CI/CD tools Jenkins, Git, Jira and Docker registry/daemon for configuration management and automation using Ansible .
- Configured Ansible Tower for scheduling playbooks, defined Inventory and used GlT repository to store our playbooks.
- Created the Automation scripts using Python for testing applications as well as the integration of these application (API's &UI's) based on REST calls using Python , phrasing the JSON responses.
- Configured Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers load balancers, web servers and application servers.
- Wrote Python and Shell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications and to get Managed the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible .
- Developed and Implemented Kubernetes manifests, helm charts for deployment of microservices and installation of Prometheus, Grafana monitoring pods into K8s clusters.
- Used Docker Swarm and Kubernetes to cluster the Containers for high availability and to manage different infrastructure resources, like physical machines, VMs and even Docker Containers using Terraform .
- Wrote shell scripts Bash, Python and Power Shell for automating tasks in Linux and Windows environments.
- Responsible for setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customization and plug-ins for JIRA issue tracker.
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/Web Sphere Application Servers.
Environment: Azure, Agile, GIT, CloudBees Jenkins, Maven, Docker CE, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Bash, JIRA, Tomcat, Apache, Terraform.
Confidential - Columbus, GA
- Responsible for building serverless based microservices and deployment into AWS cloud environment as well as installation of applications on AWS EC2, EKS, AMI, RedHat, Ubuntu Instances and implemented AWS solutions using S3, EC2, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Set up scalability for application servers using AWS CLI for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53. Managed users and groups using Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM). Implemented AWS cloud to provision S3 Storage Services, AWS EC2 & Cloud watch services.
- Worked on creation and design of AWS Route 53 and CloudFront to route traffic between different edge locations for static web pages in S3 and thus saving overall 7% application deployment workflow process.
- Developed lambda functions using python boto3 for Real time stream processing using Kinesis data streams and Firehose to support capturing.
- Implemented serverless based architecture to read json/csv data from DynamoDB and RDS using Lambda functions and store it on top of S3 buckets as intermediate stage.
- Implemented AWS Glue jobs to perform ETL work using pyspark for incoming data from third party and setup Athena tables for further analysis by the business team. Implemented AWS Lambda functions with Python boto3 and CloudFormation Templates.
- Worked on build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using Python and engaged in shell/bash scripting to automate backend jobs using Crontab. Automated backups by Shell for Linux and transferred snapshots in to S3 Glacier for long term storage.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles, groups, polices and developed critical modules like generating amazon resource numbers and integration points with S3, Dynamo DB, RDS, Lambda and SQS Queue.
- Used Elastic Container Service scheduler to automate application deployment in the cloud using Docker automation techniques.
- Defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments.
- Migrated on premise database structure to Confidential Redshift data warehouse. Worked on AWS Data Pipeline to configure data loads from S3 to into Redshift .
- Developed modules in the application using micro services architecture style and Developed RESTful Web Services with JAX-RS using Java.
- Created Task definitions, which specifies tasks, Resource allocation (Fargate), services and docker image on which application is built for Elastic Container Service.
- Deployment tools setup like Terraform and wrote HCL scripts for infrastructure as code. Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Maintain and troubleshoot systems performance, network monitoring using tools like Nagios (installed on RedHat) and AWS services such as Cloud watch and CloudTrail, X-ray. Created alarms in Cloud Watch service for monitoring server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage.
- Created a Jenkins pipeline to drive all micro services builds out to Docker Hub and then deployed onto Kubernetes, created pods and configured Kubernetes Replication controllers.
- Installed and configured Nexus Repository Manager for storing and sharing artifacts within the company.
- Wrote Groovy scripts in JenkinsFile to build Pipeline methodology for CI/CD and promoting pipeline as code and automated deployment procedure into AWS Cloud and on-prem environments. Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Built a Jenkins-based Cl/CD pipeline, speeding product deployment and allowing greatly improved testing of all aspects of the deploy process.
- Experience on IBM Urban Code Deploy which is high performing tool to improve the deployment processes by automating the deployment into different servers.
- Used Maven to build rpms when source code is checked out from GIT repository, implementing build in Jenkins Continuous Integration Server and leveraged it onto Artifactory repository.
- Maintained Bitbucket Repositories which includes Jenkins and JIRA Integration, creating new repositories, enabling GIT to ignore, branching, merging, creating pull requests and the access control strategies from Bitbucket.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Worked with Scripted Linux repository database comparisons using Python and Shell.
- Implemented authentication with JSON Web Token (JWT), store JWT local storage if credentials are valid and attaching JWT in request headers for each call using Java.
- Made it easy for individual teams to use Ansible for their Deployments, using Ansible Tower which provides a role-based access control and a dashboard.
- Used Ansible Tower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role-based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat/SUSE, CentOS).
Environment: RedHat Linux, Ubuntu, Python, AWS EC2, S3, Route 53, Beanstalk, kube2iam, Elastic Load Balancers, IAM, Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, DynamoDB, Fargate, CloudFormation Templates, JIRA, Ansible, YAML, AWS Kinesis, Firehose, API Gateway, EKS.
Confidential - Chicago IL
- Automating AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, IAM through AWS Cloud information templates.
- Monitored, Deployed and Maintained Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare VM's as required in the environment.
- Implemented a centralized logging system using log stash configured as an ELK stack (Elastic search, Log stash, and Kibana) to monitor system logs, AWS Cloud Watch, VPC Flow logs, Cloud Trail Events, changes in S3 etc.
- Automated the cloud Deployments using Chef and AWS Cloud Formation Templates from scratch as effort of migration.
- Responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar). Worked in different software development life cycles using the methodologies like waterfall, agile.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like Subversion, GIT to track changes made by different people in source code and created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Wrote JSON and YAML templates for Cloud formation and ruby scripts for Chef automation and contributing to our repository on GitHub.
- Created Virtual Private Network, subnets, route tables and security groups to control inbound and outbound traffic.
- Wrote Chef cookbooks and recipes to provision pre-prod environments. Tested deployments with Kitchen, resolved dependencies with Berkshelf and worked with server roles, environments, and data bags.
- Worked on Ruby on rails application on a cloud/ Virtual platform and modify as needed to enhance site performance and business continuity.
- Built and released of cloud-based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Power Shell, Ruby, TFS and Python Scripting. Scripting of administration tasks using command line (CLI), Power Shell, Shell, Ruby.
- Integrated JIRA in with SVN and dealing with its administration in change management process.
- Generated moderately complex scripts using Shell and Pen tools and c reated scripts from scratch to automate tasks using bash shell scripting and python scripting.
- Implemented and kept up CI environments (Jenkins/Hudson) performing deployments, Packaging, Build improvement, production rollouts, arranging, defect tracking (JIRA), and root cause analysis, Smoke testing, Operation support and administration conveyance over web/application servers like Jboss, Tomcat and WebLogic.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, VMware.
- Configured and managed Apache Web Server on Linux for web-based applications using REST/SOAP, Apache and WebLogic.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Maintained networks via TCP/IP to enhance security and allow businesses to offer managed Wireless HotSpot services. Primarily used Ruby to write GIT applications.
- Involved in backup, restore and moving Content DB from old SQL Database Server to new SQL Database Server.
Environment: Windows/ Linux, Chef, SVN, TFS, TCP/IP, Jenkins, Mesos, Marathon, TFS, Web Sphere, Shell, AV Standards, Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
Build and Release engineer
- Responsible for Planning of the Roll Out process and Order of sequence involved for Day to Day Enterprise.
- Developed and Implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile process, weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Assisted Migrating code base from CVS to Subversion Client.
- Integrated JIRA and Jenkins with regards to Release Notes creation and updates.
- Worked as shadow with project leads on .Net applications build and deployments using MS build.
- Managed and Coordinated all code and code related activities for all applications including delivery, packaging, deployment, environment setup and release capabilities across the portfolio.
- Managed branching, merging, tagging and other source control tasks in Git
- Developed and Maintained UNIX Scripts for Build and Release tasks.
- Worked with Hudson for Automated Build and Release using WebSphere.
- Worked on various Bug Tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla and integrated with Junit, HPQC and other software testing procedures.
- Worked closely with Web Administrators to set up an automated deployment for Share Point applications using SVN tools.
- Worked on branching, tagging and maintaining the version across environments using SCM tools such as Git on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Worked on MAVEN to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus Central Repository for internal Deployments.
- Configured Jenkins as a common Build engine to build and deploy applications to DEV, QA, UAT and PROD Environments.
- Managed the Source Code to have Latest Version of code available from the production releases.
- Organized weekly release meetings with multiple development teams to identify the releases ahead and bring awareness on milestones as per master release calendar.
- Accountable for on-time delivery of all release process outputs as defined in the release policy, processes and procedures.
- SCM Policies are implemented by defining Build and Release Management, Change Management, Version Management and Deploying.
Environment: Hudson, Remedy, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Maven, Shell Scripts, UNIX, JIRA, MS Build.