- I am a successful, results - driven professional with extensive technical support experience, seeking a position as an Engineer in a high tech industry. I am in search of a position in which my highly developed analytical, communication, and organizational skills can be fully utilized.
SENIOR VoIP SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Handled high priority VoIP product support and escalations relating to RNK services, products, applications and systems such as NACT, NexTone session border controller, RNK Redirector, Asterisk and to a wide variety of IP related technology such as the SIP and H323 protocols.
- Supported tasks such as (but not limited to): Created calling card lots and pins, resolved any NACT related issues, reloaded NACT spans for PRIs, and built VoIP network setups and configurations for carrier customers along with troubleshooting any NexTone, Redirector, and Asterisk issues.
- Provisioned IP vendors onto RNK’s network, conducted IP interoperability testing with various IP vendors, and provided feedback of RNK VoIP products or services to these IP vendors ensuring efficiency, quality and consistency.
- Implemented into production and support the NACT Maintain VoIP carrier customers and IP vendors onto RNK’s network via the SBCs, Cisco routers, and Asterisk PBXs within the VOIP/SIP production environment.
- Provided training, guidance and support to NOCC and junior VoIP engineers on RNK's network for inbound calls to DID peer accounts and termination calls involving vendors, DID-IN, the RNK Redirectors, the Nextone, or other RNK internal systems, the basic SIP call flow, NexTone configurations, troubleshooting, and performing NACT systems backups, and on the use of Wireshark.
- Worked closely with Sales and Rate Analyst departments to determine customer needs and customizations, vendor routing and customization.
- Acted as a consultant to carrier customer engineers to pro-actively provide suggestions and solutions to known or potential interoperability problems.
- Performed on-call tasks such as resolving customer issues after hours and monitoring RNK systems during maintenance periods such as patch installations.
- Participated in the RNK Rewards & Recognition committee
VoIP SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Handled all Tier 3 product support relating to a wide variety of VoIP and IP related technology such as H.323, SIP, and DNS.
- Guided customers through network setups and configurations in order to properly integrate VoIP technology to the PSTN.
- Worked closely with Sales department to determine customer needs and customizations.
- Acted as consultant to customer engineers to proactively provide suggestions and solutions to known or potential interconnect problems.
- Provided input to future development by reviewing product requirements and functional specifications as a customer advocate.
- Conducted IP interoperability testing with various IP vendors and provide approval of new VoIP products for use on RNK's network.
- Provisioned origination and termination endpoints and calling plans for competitive local exchange carriers onto RNK’s network via the NexTone Session Border Controller, Cisco routers, and Asterisk PBXs.
- Developed knowledgebase notes, tools, and training materials that ease the integration of VoIP products into customer networks.
API SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Provided support internationally to developers implementing applications with Brooktrout application programming interfaces (APIs). This includes TR1000, TR1034, TR114, TruFax, and software-based virtual module (Host Based Fax SR140) APIs under various operating systems: Windows, Solaris, and Linux.
- Supported Microsoft Speech Server installations for voice products and IP installations for SIP and H.323.
- Worked with customers implementing telecommunication concepts: T1, E1, OSI Layers 1-3 including ISDN, Robbed-bit, fax protocols (T.30 and T.38), Fax over IP, SIP, H.323, voice encoding, and speech recognition.
- Served as engineering level technical support contact to customers during all phases of the customer’s development lifecycle: SDK evaluation, DK follow-up, Application Development, Production/Deployment, and Maintenance. This includes assistance during application coding, debugging of problems, and training.
- Re-created customer product defects and entered into the Engineering bug tracking system. Worked with R&D and the customer to validate a proper fix has been made.
- Wrote sample application code in C to show customers how to use APIs.
- Provided technical assistance at customer sites, as well as Cantata’s facilities.
- Maintained detailed, up-to-date log of all support tickets in customer tracking database.
- Provided informal and formal training to staff and customers on various topics. Actively wrote external/internal technical notes to serve as a valuable teaching and reference resource for staff and customers.
- Proactively contacted customers on an ongoing basis to ensure satisfaction with products and services.
- Mentored other staff in solving the most difficult and technically involved trouble tickets.
LAN-FAX SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Provided technical support to customers independent software vendors (ISVs), value added resellers (VARS), distributors, and end-users installing Brooktrout fax and voice products.
- Assisted customers with installing, maintaining, and debugging applications concerning analog, DID, T1-RBS, T1-PRI (ISDN-PRI and E1-PRI), telephony and PBX requirements, fax/voice issues, hardware problems, as well as software installation/configuration under Windows and Linux.
- Worked cross functionally with other departments (sales, R&D, manufacturing) addressing customer and product related issues.
- Critiqued and edited user manuals and customer test programs. Provided information to support knowledgebase.