Lead hands on Information Technology Professional with repeated success leading the support, enhancement, deployment, monitoring of business - critical server-based solutions and user applications. Veteran project manager of 5 data center migrations, with a well-earned reputation for delivering enhancement and deployment projects on time and under budget. Innovative strategist with a track record of success identifying opportunities to control costs and streamline operating processes. Expert at eliminating single point failures, proactively deferring infrastructure down time, developing and implementing best practice based structure. Established 99% availability, Zero Server compromise or Data Breach for 20 years.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Microsoft Windows Server Administration AD DNS DHCP Automated Deployment of Windows Servers using Red Hat Ansible *Update, Patch Management and End Point Security Print Spooler Remote App ThinApp AppVolume SAN Storage Virtual Infrastructure Infrastructure Monitoring with alerts for Proactive Actions Drawing up Resource Threshold Policy and Setting Alerts VDI Backup/Restore Project Management Staff Management Team Leadership Infrastructure Design / Deployment Analyzing Information Policy Development Process Documentation Basic Network Connectivity and TCP/IP configuration and Trouble Shooting Level 3 Help Desk Support VOIP Network Access Control (NACS) Microsoft Office, Adobe, Java Information Security System Integration Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery Technology Solutions Problem Solving Troubleshooting Root Cause Analysis Quality Control Knowledge Transfer and Training
Server Operating Systems Microsoft Server 2003, 2008/R2 & 2012/R2, VMware EsXi 5.5, VMware Vsphere 6.5,Ubuntu, Linux, Mac Server OS VmWare Horizon View 6.0, VMware SRM, VMWorkspace, SDDC, NSX, VCOPS, Mirage, SCCM Server Administration of Microsoft AD DS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Cluster Server, Internet Information Server, and SQL Server Client Operating Systems Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 and Mac OS X Application support of ERP Ellucian Banner, Workforce Central’s Kronos attendance recording system, Cherwell desktop management system, TMA Building Services Ticketing system, EMS Calendaring and Event Management System, Raiser’s Edge Fundraising Software, BRIO and ARGOS Reporting Systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Java CISCO UCS CISCO NACS, CISCO VOIP, CISCO Fiber Switch IBM Blade, IBM Blade Center, IBM Flex Chassis, IBM Flex Chassis Center IBM Shark Enterprise Storage Server, NetApp SAN, IBM 4000, IBM V 7000, HP ILO, CISCO CIMC, DELL DRAC, Red Hat Ansible 2.8.4 Server automated deployment, Avocent KVM, VERITV PDU, IBM Director, Veaam Backup/Restore, IBM Networker Backup/Restore, Turbonomic(formerly VMTurbo),Quest Active Administrator (AD monitoring, backup restore tool), ManageEngine AD Plus, Quest AD Spotlight, Hyena, Xerox Print Management, MS Sysinternal, Time Service, Terminal License Service, Certificate Service, WSUS. Symantec End Point Management and Update Service.
ConfidentialWindows System Administrator/VDI Engineer
- deploying, decommissioning trouble shooting, migrating, Applying updates, responding to monitoring team for alerts and crisis management, implementing disaster recovery and business continuity, discussing with Vendors for future projects, interacting with other team members in storage, network and application. Member of team selected for “Best Performance for 2018”. Completed and delivered all projects in timely manner.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
VMWare Virtual Infrastructure Administrator/ Windows System Administrator/VDI Engineer
- Assume overall lead role of Windows Administration.
- Responsible for VMWare Virtual Infrastructure. (Installed on IBM Blade and Flex Chassis and connected to Storage starting with IBM Shark then IBM 4000, Then Netapp and finally IBM V7000)
- Responsible for Storage connection via CISCO fiber switch and it high availability, monitoring and maintenance jointly with UNIX administrator.
- Responsible for VDI Infrastructure and related applications. Linked Clones in non-persistent mode. Enable and Assign the AD objects.
- Create deploy Vmware ThinApp and AppVolume(along with related App Stacks)
- Responsible for proper working of over 200 odd Windows servers.
- Responsible for proper working of Active Directory based Windows infrastructure. This function is responsible for every user’s Domain access, Network (wired and wireless access), file shares, printer share, Security through Group Policy etc.
- Responsible for maintenance of over 4000 user accounts in Active Directory.
- Maintain and monitor Group policy activities
- Responsible for network and Internet support through DHCP and DNS services.
- Maintain and monitor login scripts.
- Delegate controlled activity to support service providers.
- Maintain and monitor all desktop accounts on campus and restrict and confine access to physical units as needed.
- Responsible for OS Administrative support for MS 2003, 2008,2008R2, 2012, 2102R2, Linux Appliances and MAC OS X
- Implemented and explored most of windows Roles and Features including IIS, RDSH, Print Server, Cluster, Load Balance, Remote App etc.
- Responsible for keeping abreast with technology in that contest I have been reading up on MS 2016 and aware of its features and also on current VMWARE products like VMWorkspace, SDDC, NSX, VCOPS, Mirage, SCCM etc.
- Maintain printer share service for over 150 printers all over campus.
- Provide data and server backup and restore services.
- Responsible for Windows Disaster Recovery Infrastructure and Business Continuity
- Implemented VMware Site Recovery Manager for Disaster Recovery.
- Configure and deploy new servers when and as required.
- Ensure proper function of all hardware, middleware, monitoring tools.
- Establish ongoing vendor relationship and infrastructure to receive uninterrupted service and support.
- Responsible for a slew of services and monitoring tools like Time Service, Terminal Service, Certificate Service, Director Service, Virtual Center, Hyena, Spotlight on Active directory monitoring service, Sysinternal, Active Administrator auditing and monitoring service, LDAP, Veeam backup service, VMTurbo monitoring tool, Xerox printer management service, etc. All directly or indirectly ensuring proper functioning of Windows infrastructure.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer and training new recruits.