- 9 Years of professional experience in Network Planning, Implementing, Configuring, Troubleshooting and testing of both Cisco and Juniper networking systems.
- Strong grasp of current and future technologies including TCP/IP, IPv4/v6, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, Frame Relay, ACL, VPN, Wireless LAN and configuration of VLANS.
- Very comfortable working on IOS, IOS - XR, IOS-XE, JunOS and Arista’s EOS for all the routing and Switching Platforms, and ASA, checkpoint for IP based firewalls
- Experience on work and analyzing skills about Layer 2 technologies like VLANs, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST and MST
- Expertise in the configuration and troubleshooting of Routing Protocols like RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, ODR, BGP, MP-BGP, VRF-LITE, Redundancy Protocols like VRRP and HSRP
- Experience in Service provider IS-IS, in Level 1 and 2 routing including IPv6
- Experience configuring Service Provider Level MPLS, MPLS L3VPN, L2VPN, Ethernet over HFC using L2 Circuits.
- Knowledge on BGP PE-CE routing Inter AS MPLS L3VPN, BGP Multi VRF PE and CE Routing
- Expertise in configure and troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP, FTP, NFS.
- Experience in Tier3 and Tier 4 Architecture solutions to provide for most robust and less prone Data center
- Worked on lab testing & validation prior to implementation of Nexus 7K, 5K & 2K connecting to blade servers
- And also, Substantial lab testing & validation prior to implementation for service provider hardware like cisco ASR9k, NCS6K, Along with Satellite’s, Juniper MX routers and EX4200 series routers.
- Worked in a Global Pioneer Call center environment (more than 300 Sites) to Give network related deployment and trouble shooting.
- Experience on All NOC operations like Hotline calls, Telco circuit issues and Network performance monitoring
- Worked on Cutting Edge technologies Hardware like Cisco ASR9K, CRS-8 and NCS6000 in service provider (Comcast)
- Very Strong and expertise experience on Change Control Process including complete ITIL/ITSM process.
- Worked with Carriers to order circuit MODs, Circuit upgrades and carrier related Incidents for our Global sites and DATA centers.
- Worked under Design and deploy Group, on migration to END OF ROW to TOP OF RACK with NX family In DATA center environment used Nexus 7,5,2 K devices.
- Deployed IPS and IDS (source fire) along with GIGAMON SPANER in Datacenter environment
- Configuration and troubleshooting on Juniper EX4500 and EX8200 switches.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/Netting with the firewalls as per the design.
- Implementation traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard, extended Access list.
- Implementation experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts.
- Installation, Configuration, Deployment and Management of Firewalls Such As Check Point, Palo Alto and FortiGate Firewalls.
- Configured Load Balancer viz. F5 LTM and GTM.
- Contrail 3.x performance testing with Open stack using Spirent Test Center.
- Technical Knowledge on Cisco ASA 5500 series Routers.
- Implementation of VRRP and GLBP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Expert knowledge of cable connectors and replacement as RJ-11, RJ-45, and different transvers like GBICS, Xenpacks (including DWDM), ONS optics, SFPs, QSFPs, XFPs, CPACK (100gig in NCS), including all LR, SR and ER ranges .
Routers: Cisco 1800, 2600, ISR 2801, 3600, ISR 3845, ISR4435, 39XX &7206 series. Cisco ASR 9001, ASR 9010 and Cisco NCS6000, Juniper MX10 and Juniper MX40.
Switches: Cisco 3550, 3750, 2950,2960 series, NX Family. AVAYA 4550T, Juniper ESX.
DATA Center Switches: Catalyst 4500, 6500, 6800 and Nexus 7K,5K,2K AND NX 6K,9K, Juniper EX.
Load Balancer: Cisco CSS, ACE, F5 Networks (Big-IP) LTM and GTM.
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP-2, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, Static Routing, ISIS.
Switching Technologies: VLAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switching, Multicast Operations, Layer 3 Switches, Ether channels.
LAN: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, FDDI, CDDI, Token Ring, ATM LA Emulation
WAN: Leased lines, Channelized links (E1/T1/E3/T3), Fiber Optic Circuits, Frame Relay, ISDN, SD-WAN, and Load Balancing.
Security: ASA 5500 series PIX, FW Net screen SSG, Juniper SRX
Monitoring: SolarWinds, Riverbed, Wireshark, Microsoft Network Monitor, Azure, NetScout .
Scripting: Python, TCL scripting on IOS, Network Automation.
Confidential, Bartlesville, OK
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining network infrastructure, included but not limited to switches, routers, firewalls, Riverbeds, load balancers and wireless along with infrastructure security which involves CISCO Prime and CISCO ISE.
- Performing WAN Optimization using Riverbed to increase the speed of access to critical applications and information in an enterprise.
- Perform internal network vulnerability assessments and assist in handling the operation of advanced IP network services.
- Troubleshooting routing traffic and monitoring the WAN circuits.
- Extensive experience in Local and Wide Area network connectivity using MPLS, IPSEC VPN,SSLVPN, Point to Point connection, and SD WAN.
- Build and maintain the VPN connectivity to the Microsoft Azure cloud and Amazon AWS cloud to support the cloud-based environment servers. The cloud servers consist of MS Office 365, MS SSO, and web servers.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Cisco routers ASR 1K, 2901, 2911, 4200x, 2800 and 2600 Series, NEXUS 9K/7K/5K/2K, Cisco Catalyst Switches 3750, 3950 and 6500 series, Cisco UCS Storage.
- Worked with ServiceNow Ticketing system to sort/finish Incident tickets, Changes and Service Requests. And ClearQuest Rational to work on Firewall Requests.
- Designed and built the new Campus environment. Installing, racking and configuring the routers, switches, Riverbeds and firewalls. Configuring ISE authentication configuration on the switch-ports to get the end-users authenticated and authorized.
- Apply the configuration changes through change control systems and processes.
- Migrated all the firewall access rules, NAT, PAT policies from old 5585 firewalls to the Next Gen and Checkpoint Firewalls and decommissioned the old ones.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Support and maintain the data center networks.
- Good experience on handling priority 1 issues on On call.
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
Sr. Network Engineer
- As a senior network engineer my roles and responsibilities are to Design, implement and trouble shoot all the IP based network infrastructure.
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series and configured routing protocol OSPF, EIGRP, BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Document and followed the change process as per IT policy It also includes the configuration of port channel between core switches and server distribution switches using peering interconnections.
- Experience with setting up MPLS Layer 3 VPN cloud in data center and also working with BGP WAN towards customer.
- Hands-on experience in the network management of circuits using TDM and Frame Relay network, performing configuration and provisioning management, fault management and performance monitoring.
- Troubleshooting and resolving Remote Access IPsec VPN issues.
- Responsible for turning up BGP peering and customer sessions, manipulating BGP attributes and troubleshooting BGP routing problems.
- Add, delete, and modify rules on ASA firewalls for network traffic as per network security policies.
- Maintaining high level security between customer connections using various Cisco ASA and router-based VPN solutions and build new ones according to the requiems
- Performing server (HP/Dell) s using applications like DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, NTP and network traffic simulator tools like Spirent Test Centre, Avalanche Commander.
- Installation of new hardware as well as software systems for networks. (i.e. Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
- Industrial Equipment Automation and Designing Industrial Electrical Controls Panels, PLC, HMI, Control systems
- Responsible for vital support of global core NetScaler infrastructure for end users while modifying load balancing.
- Maintaining the quality of service (QoS).
- Troubleshoot and analyze live with clients to diagnose network issues related to Cisco-Meraki and third-party equipment.
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
- Installation and Configuration of networks, router/switches configuration and wireless access point/router with security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, Access Control Lists on router/switches, VLANs (port mapping, naming etc.), and routing IP address in both LAN/WAN and wireless networks at the new headquarters.
- Involved in setting up a new RADIUS server for authentication purpose to all IDF switches.
- Configuring failover and working on ssl-vpn when in active/standby failover on ASA.
- Configured Palo-Alto 7050 firewalls in vwire mode. Also configured Palo-Alto 3050 firewalls.
- Deployment, Implementation and Troubleshooting of Aruba Mobility Controller.
- Part of a team that participated in gap analysis when Entrust and Datacard group merged and assisted in replacing Hp switches that Entrust used with Cisco switches so that there is uniformity in the company going forward.
- Actively involved in setting up a DMVPN tunnel for traffic flow between Entrust and Datacard
- Establishing VPN tunnels using IPsec encryption standards and configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, LACP ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Racking and Stacking of Nexus 56128,5548, 2248 FEX, 2232 FEX, Catalyst 2960-X switches, Cisco ASA 5585-X, 5545-X, 5512-X, Palo-Alto 7050 and 3050 firewalls.
- Installed and configured around 65 new Cisco 2960-X switches for IDF closets in the new Headquarters.
- Actively involved in deploying wireless access which comprises of separate wlan for guest, corporate and BYOD access
- Replaced old 6500 VSS architecture and WAN routers from DR testing site with Nexus 5K and ASR 1004 routers.
- Participate in all technical aspects of LAN, WAN, VPN and security Internet Service projects including, short and long-term planning, implementation, project management and operations support as required.
- Administration and diagnostics of LAN and WAN with in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, NAT, PPP, ISDN and associates network protocols and services.
- Designed, installed, and maintained various WAN technologies and applications connecting remote sites to corporate headquarters.
- Cisco ISE implementation for Guest access with Cisco Wireless Controllers using EOIP guest wireless services
- Cisco ISE implementation for 802.1x authentication
- Provided support for troubleshooting and resolving Customer reported issues.
- Design, and configuring Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Configuring and troubleshooting IPSEC VPN on Cisco ASA firewalls
- Establishing backup routes operating through EIGRP and RIP routing protocols.
- Involved in the removal of EIGRP from all devices and making OSPF the primary routing protocol.
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS, VTP and configuring ISL trunk on Fast - Ethernet channel between switches.
- Configuration Cisco Routers 2600 series using RIP, OSPF, EIGRP
- Applying traffic filters on CISCO routers using access-lists, distribute-lists, route map.
- Configuration of Standard and Extended ACLs for Security.
- Responsible for layer 2 securities which was implemented using a dedicated VLAN ID for all trunk ports, deployed port security when possible for user ports
- Performed switching technology administration including VLANs, inter-VLAN routing, trunking, STP, RSTP, port aggregation & link negotiation.
Jr. Network Engineer
- Troubleshot Cisco hardware: Inspected devices, read device LEDs, loose connections, interior IOS upgrade, switch port configuration, port monitoring, watch over Flooding Control/Network port.
- Designing and establishing redistribution of RIP and EIGRP into OSPF.
- Defining and implementing route-maps, distribute lists, access-lists for resolving redistribution issues.
- Implemented the company’s internet/intranet security policies using Cisco IOS access list, firewall and proxy software’s such as Checkpoint’s Firewall-1, Wingate and IPChains.
- Maintaining the network security and integrity, hardware and software problems in the setup.
- Document network and telephony hardware and software configurations, versioning and hardware.
- Configured and managed OpenVPN server for remote access to the lab.
- Implementing and maintaining standard access-lists and extended access list as per users’ security level.
- Providing tech support for complex WAN and LAN networks.
- Maintaining and regularly updating network documentation and network diagram using MS Visio.
- Operational support and troubleshooting issues addressed by end users.
- Configuration and installation of Cisco routers and switches.
- Performed system administrative tasks such as account installation and deletion, OS upgrading, server installation and workstation.
- Resolving redistribution issues by implementing access lists, distribute lists and route-maps.
- Designing and implementing IP routing protocols such as RIP, EIGRP, and OSPF to routers.
- Troubleshooting of RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols.
- Updating network diagram and network documentation using MS Visio.
- Maintaining the network security by implementing Standard ACL, Extended ACL and Named ACL.
- Network performances, network failures and connectivity issues are monitored using tcp dump, nmap, solar winds and wireshark.
- Extensive experiences in using MS office suite like word, power pint, excel and visio.