- Systems Administration Desktop Support Information Security Government Contracts
- Performance - driven Windows systems administrator with demonstrated success within high-pressure and high-profile engagements for private-sector, government, and military clients.
- Combination of broad-based technical knowledge and proven business savvy; able to effectively align long-range business plans with current technology resources.
- Exceptional trainer and mentor with a record of enhancing established learning programs to accelerate completion and improve retention.
- Exceptional network of contacts; frequently requested for critical assignments and awarded for top-notch performance.
- Confidential clear through Interpol.
HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERTISE:
- System Implementation & Security
- Server, Desktop, & Laptop Support
- Innovative IT & Networking Initiatives
- Team Leadership & Mentoring
- End-user & Technician Training
- Troubleshooting / Issue Resolution
- Client Relationship Management
- Proprietary Military Systems
Platforms: Windows (NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 Professional/Enterprise, 8 Enterprise); Windows Server (2000, SBS 2000/2003, 2003 Standard, 2008 Enterprise R2), Hyper-V
Tools: Microsoft Office>365 Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Communicator, Project); Adobe Acrobat; Symantec Ghost Solutions, Oracle, Sybase, GlobalScape, Windows Group Policy, Active Directory; Visio; VERITAS, HP Quality Center/Service Manager
Security Tools: ActiveClient; DISA, Army Gold Master, Blink, Retina, Nessus, ACERT, LOGIAC, SpySweeper; MalwareBytes; Symantec Norton>360, EndPoint
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RFID, wireless, encryption, switches, routers, hubs, SecureFTP, VPN, CAT5e/fiber optics
Hardware: Desktops, laptops, servers, RAID, printers, handheld devices, access points, scanners, Dell, Gateway, Toshiba, IBM, HP, Intermec 751G/CK61, Cisco, Air Fortress, iPhone
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
Systems Administrator/Principal Consultant
- Provide onsite and remote system support to end-users for Windows XP/7 desktop and network applications as well as quality assurance testing for network infrastructure.
- Market services and secure contracts with residential and commercial clients.
- Continually assess support needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Engaged to serve as Network Infrastructure Quality Services Lead with accountability for composing, publishing, and implementing test plans and automations for network systems.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics. Conduct subnet/IP analysis.
- Act as liaison among project managers, technical engineers, project stakeholders, and release management team.
- Minimized impacts from device maintenance to network infrastructure through proactive analysis.
- Played key role in managing implementation validations for site-level deployments.
- Facilitated final project sign-off by summarizing project test activities and metrics as final deliverable within test completion report.
- Completed additional contract with Columbia Property Management with accountability for administering Windows 7 infrastructure.
Confidential, Fort Lee, Virginia
Information Assurance Security Specialist
- Reviewed scanner results on Windows XP/7 and Windows Server 2003-8; identified issues and expedited resolution for government, military, and commercial off the shelf applications. Created and deployed Ghost images for desktops.
- Developed and implemented security features and solutions.
- Leveraged high-level understanding of Confidential and associated applications as well as DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Earned certifications in techniques for conducting scans with approved vulnerability analysis tools, including Retina, Nessus, and DISA Gold.
Confidential, Temple, TX
- Provided system administration and Confidential expertise in Kuwait to ensure optimal availability of SAMS-E within Confidential 24/7 environment for military clients of value-added logistics and IT service provider.
- Installed, troubleshot, and configured network and system components to ensure near-100% uptime; configured and maintained 128-AES encrypted wireless network linked with 10 Intermec handheld computers, four access points, and one Air Fortress wireless bridge. Installed and supported COTS software and OEM hardware.
- Managed maintenance of desktops, laptops, network printers, servers, managed switches, and fiber optics.
- Served as subject matter expert (SME) to swiftly and accurately resolve user issues and software / hardware failures.
- Ensured system hardness and security through regular deployment of Army-approved Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) releases / antivirus updates.
- Collaborated extensively with management to draft and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and operating manuals to ensure strict adherence to security and regulatory standards.
- Spearheaded installation of major SAMS-E software upgrades that impacted all network components.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Served on long-term contract to provide technical administration to this non-profit organization encompassing nearly 60 employer-led coalitions nationwide with 10K+ member companies and 34M employees and dependants.
- Orchestrated design, implementation, and support of Windows Server-based network.
- Troubleshoot and optimize network settings and performance, upgrading / repairing hardware and software to ensure competitive performance.
- Provide on- and off-site support; currently on leave of absence.
- Continuously monitored network architecture to ensure exceptional performance, conducting three major enhancements from Windows NT to Windows Small Business Servers and then to Windows 2003 Small Business Server.
- Implemented Blackberry Enterprise Server for in-house staff to enable streamlined mobile communication throughout the coalition; installed encrypted wireless networking for onsite / remote visitors.
- Contributed to 2008 modernization effort spanning Apple / Mac laptops with Windows interfaces and iPhones supported by Microsoft Exchange Server.
Confidential, Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Field Systems Engineer
- Ensured exceptional levels of technical performance and operations in support of international military objectives for government contractor with 6300+ employees and $1.2B+ in revenues. Traveled between military installations within mainland, troubleshoot, and resolve system issues for Confidential, leveraging exceptional expertise in Confidential, Confidential II live deployments, and Project Manager - Transportation Information Systems (PM-TIS) knowledge-base to ensure optimized operations.
- Deployed, monitored, and operated NIPR network hardware and software, as well as servers, laptops, and peripheral equipment installation and maintenance.
- Collaborated with project managers throughout system deployment; coordinated with internal TIS staff and military team members to propel project completion.
- Implemented DOIM security measures and disaster recovery procedures. Trained team members on hardware, software, and networking operations.
- Leveraged Ghost imaging extensively to streamline unified workstation setup.
- Served as SME for diverse professionals, agencies, and divisions; frequently requested by Confidential of Installation (project managers) to take the lead on training and system implementation assignments.
- Proposed implementation of third-party USB / Serial cable to enable full integration of new laptop hardware with legacy AT system hardware for the US Army; gained sanction to deploy at Army installations.
- Redesigned technical infrastructures for three military combat zone deployment installations in Kuwait during six-month deployment; requested by 1179th DSB to perform hardware / software upgrade.
- Researched deployed an innovative training tool for PM-TIS operations which augmented Confidential II instruction; earned US government approval / sanction for organization-wide implementation.