- 10+ Years of IT experience with 7 years as DevOps engineer and cloud architect with expertise in areas of creating fault tolerant and scalable architect solutions.
- Experience in Software Configuration Management, Version Control, DevOps/Build and Release management, Linux and Windows System Administration.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Implemented TortoiseSVN and web SVN for Subversion and integrated Jira (change management tool).
- Implemented code analysis tools such as Sonarqube and Coverity.
- Hands on experience with build tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Maven, Ant and VSTS.
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like Remedy, Jira, TFS and ServiceNow.
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, VSTS, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Hudson, Bamboo and Sona type Nexus.
- Highly skilled at supporting web and application servers (Apache, Nginx, NodeJS, JBoss, Tomcat) and Hands - on experience with installing and managing MySQL and Amazon and Azure web servers.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks using CLI.
- Deployed application packages on to the Apache Tomcat server.
- Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of build platform tool DOCKER.
- Expertise in managing of library versions and deprecated code, Design and sequencing of automated builds & test runs and Troubleshooting expertise - build failures due to dependencies, tests, etc
- Experienced with log monitoring tools like Nagios.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Expertise in architecting and deploying of fault tolerant, cost effective, highly available and secure servers in AWS.
- Expertise in different versions of Openstack, VMware and other private clouds.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using Chef Server and Familiar with Cloudwatch, Elastic IP's and managing security groups for EC2 Servers.
- Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Experience with Scrum and Agile Environments for regular cadences of work.
- Created various web apps for administering the extract of files and storing it in Amazon's S3 storage.
- Configuring Replication (Merge, Transactional & Snapshot) to replicate data to regional and remote servers and troubleshooting Replication issues.
- Extensive experience in building & deploying EAR, WAR, JAR files on test, stage & production servers.
- In-depth experience in developing and supporting both production and development environments.
- Capable of delivering well documented applications, adhering to quality standards and delivery dates.
- Good experience in working with a team together to deliver best outputs in given time frames.
- Supported the application in production and worked closely with offshore teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with people at all levels.
Confidential - San Jose, CA
Azure Devops / Architect
- Designed and configured Azure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Worked on Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Design and architect Azure services for highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
- Monitoring and implementing security on Azure IaaS VMs and virtual networks.
- Building and Installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM) or Azure Portal.
- Worked on Configuration of Internal load balancer, load balanced sets and Azure Traffic manager.
- Worked on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, endpoint security and firewall.
- Converted .Net application to Microsoft Azure Cloud Service Project as part of cloud deployment.
- Configured and implement continuous code analysis using Coverity.
- Created CI/CD pipeline using VSTS, TFS and orchestration.
- Creating Storage Pool and Stripping of Disk for Azure Virtual Machines.
- Backup Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Powershell, VSTS, TFS, Azure, Terraform and Ansible.
Confidential - El Segundo, CA
AWS DevOps Engineer/ Architect
- Worked as a DevOps Engineer for a team that involves three different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Integrated Jenkins with Coverity for code analysis.
- Good experience in working with a team together to deliver best outputs in given time frames.
- Used Coverity connect to create analysis reports.
- •Design and architect AWS services for highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications according to agile process.
- Deployed java applications to application servers in agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Used filenet for workflow and content versions.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option.
- Performed integration of Code Quality Analysis techniques - Checkstyle, Findbugs with CI tools.
- Managed Sonatype Nexus repositories to download the artifacts (jar, war & ear) during the build.
- Installed GRUNT, SonarQube on sandbox and installed plugins basing on developer requirements.
- Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Developed agile processes using Groovy, JUnit to use continuous integration tools.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization.
- Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool.
- Manage the configurations of more than 40 servers using Chef, configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery. Automated web server content deployments via shell scripts.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Installed SPLUNCK from Puppet module tool (PMT) from command line.
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a chef solo environment.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB,
- Designed and developed automation test scripts using Python.
- Created Chef cookbooks and recipes that kickoff post-install scripts.
- Created CI/CD pipeline using VSTS, TFS and orchestration.
- Assisted end-to-end release process from the planning of release content through to actual release deployment to production.
- Followed agile principles and used JIRA for maintenance and Bug development tasks.
- Deployed the build artifacts into environments like QA, UAT and production according to the build life cycle.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Configure, monitor and automate Amazon Web Services.
- Created and managed custom CentOS and Linux based AMIs
- Setup Elastic Load Balancer for distributing traffic among multiple WebLogic servers.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Creating S3 buckets and also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked directly with Azure Product team in tracking and resolving defects in Templates and Modules in Azure Automation Accounts.
- Created Docker file for each micro service's and changed some of the tomcat configuration file which are required to deploy Java based application to the Docker container.
- Moved 50 micro services running on Amazon Ami into the Docker containers.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Used SVN as source code repository.
- Created the branches in subversion to implement the parallel development process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in subversion.
- Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT.
- Create and setup automated nightly build environment for java projects using maven.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- High level troubleshooting to fix hardware and Software issues on UNIX/VMware platforms.
- Developed, maintained and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Kept track of all releases and request of the developers through infrastructure management tool.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Nagios, Jira, AWS, Confluence, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, Weblogic, Shell Scripts, Groovy, AWS, Ansible.
Confidential - Houston, TX
DevOps Engineer / Build and Release
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, INT and QA.
- Design and architect AWS services for highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration through a build farm for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Generated scripts in Maven, Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Carried out deployments and builds on various environments using Puppet continuous integration tool.
- Responsible for applying the Corporation's Software Configuration Management processes to projects, setting up and maintaining TFS/GIT/GitHub infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes.
- Created and automated platform environment setup using puppet.
- Able to create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Created and automated Azure cloud using PowerShell scripts.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling / naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Worked on the administration of Web Logic 9, JBoss 4.2 servers including installation and deployment.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, PowerShell and Python.
- Leverage Chef Configuration management system in creating cookbooks to develop automation and monitoring across web application lifecycle management.
- Experience with Agile to develop and work with client to calibrate releases for test deployment.
- Expertise with one or more tools to manage software deployment in automating deployment of Linux applications, system configuration and security settings using Salt and Puppet Enterprise.
- Automate build and deployments of version control tools with SVN, GitHub, Jenkins, and/or Docker Hub.
- Developed Shell scripts to automate Active Directory & server tasks to generate reports for admins and management.
- Integrated on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD Integrating on-premises identity with Azure AD.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA & UAT.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Experience with build tools Ant, Maven and Gradle for writing build.xmls, pom.xmls and build.gradles respectively.
- Generated Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to sync with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Created new product build environment, that dropped build time from 2.5 hours to 17 minutes.
- Providing CM and Build support for different applications built and deployed to lower and higher environments and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedure.
- Provided Guidelines for best practices of Software Management, Coding Standards and Code Commenting for better understandability.
- Prepared deployment, migration documents and scripts for deployment and backup the application.
- Involved in Debugging, Assembly test and user acceptance Test of the end product on the development environment.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Nagios, Jira, AWS, Confluence, Java/J2EE, GRADLE, ANT, MAVEN, Weblogic, Shell Scripts, Azure.
Confidential - LA
DevOps/ Release Engineer
- Setting up Continuous Builds using Jenkins.
- Supporting - patching, rollbacks into SIT, UAT, Production environments
- Setting up SCM/Build tools for Developers. Helping to resolve all SCM/Builds issues like merge conflicts, compilation errors, missing dependencies, Branching/Merging/Tagging.
- Working on AWS Servers.
- Provisioning environments in AWS cloud, building everything in Chef.
- Assisting in the incident management process by reviewing production data and providing analysis on customer-impacting incidents.
- Deployed and hosted the application on AWS using OpsWorks, automated single click deployment on AWS using Chef.
- Developing scripts for deployment of customer environments into AWS, using Bash and Python.
- Optimizing capacity mainly on EC2, S3 and RDS, to optimize costs, while maintaining current services optimally.
- Collaborate with different teams to deploy application code into dev, QA, staging and production environments.
- Worked with project managers, architects and development team leads to understand and document CM requirements. Developed SCM plans, identified Configuration Items, defined directory structure.
- Used SVN to check in the Selenium test script and executed the Selenium scripts using Jenkins/Maven plugin.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Integrated Salt Stack to git without gitfs as part of pilot project without gitfs
- Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system.
- Used Maven to perform daily and weekly Software Builds.
- Installed, administered and configured Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Wrote MAVEN and Gradle Scripts to automate the build process
- Automated system configuration using Puppet.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate configuration of a broad range of services.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration, and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing components.
- Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Maintain build system and automate build process for different applications.
- Deploying Java Enterprise applications to Apache Web Server, JBoss Application server.
- Used Oracle to connect to various databases and to check for the invalid objects after and before each release.
- Solid understanding of Linux shell and Perl scripting, UNIX, Windows, build and release engineering principles.
- Posting the build on time & following it up the testing team on posted builds until the specified release goes.
Environment: Aws, Puppet, Splunk. ELK, Rundeck, Stash, Redhat Linux, Maven, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Maven, Nexsu, Git, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
Confidential - Miami, FL
- Administration of RHEL 6.x/5.x, Solaris which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and applying patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Managed and installed software packages using YUM and RPM and created repository files for offline servers.
- Deployed and implemented NIS, DHCP and DNS environment and implemented and maintained Proxy Server under Linux issues regarding Samba Servers and perform hardware and software installs/upgrades.
- Created Solaris Jumpstart and Linux Kickstart servers and processes to automate and standardize the installation process, reducing Installation time by 35% and post-installation errors by 50%.
- Utilized ssh-keygen within DSA encryption to make a connection without a password from a remote Linux cloud server to a local machine.
- Used FTP, Samba protocol to transfer data between servers (Production and Development) for code drops.
- Performed routine account maintenance upon customer request, including DNS updates, httpd changes, and mailman list setup and maintenance on Linux systems.
- Maintained Active Directory infrastructure creating new users and assigning rights set up a timed scheduled tape backup of network every night.
- Configured LVM (Logical Volume Manager) to manage volume group, logical and physical partitions and importing new physical volumes.
- Bonding the NIC cards for active failover and configuring and upgrading kernel parameters limits and users.
- Experienced with LAN administration including installing switches, and wireless routers.
- Installed and Configured Microsoft SQL Server database and attach a backup plan for it.
- Configured secure http, for SVN source control, and back-end communication with Progress a & SQL Database
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system & application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Experienced with installing and configuring application servers in Apache, Tomcat, Web sphere of application servers and troubleshooting skills with supervision (network, OS, SAN, and DNS).
- Documented and implemented a disaster recovery plan that included backup schedule policies, regular testing, and off-site recovery plans to ensure data integrity and assurance.
- Performed incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Provided 24/7 technical support and resolution to operators' requests concerning system hardware, software, and network issues.
- Deployed and maintained Servers authentication using LDAP, and Active Directory for different departments.
- Writing Bash scripts for anacron and cron job entries, this included in maintaining various log files.
- Maintained daily backups using the Dump and restore utility on a DLT that also included offsite storage.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, AIX and Windows, ShelliPlanet4.1, Python, IIS 6.0, Windows 2008, Linux, Shell Scripting.