- Professional Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solution Architect with Over 7+ years of IT experience in System Administration, Cloud Computing, AWS, Configuration Management, Software Development Build/Release Management, Automation, Azure services and have good knowledge in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Agile environments and CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong expertise in Provisioning, Operating and Managing distributed application systems on the AWS platform.
- Hands - on experience on AWS services such as the AWS EC2, Identity Access Management, Autoscaling, Route53, ELB, RDS, CloudFront, SES, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elasticache, Elastic bean stalk, CloudFormation and Cloud-watch.
- Sound Knowledge in automating the infrastructure on the AWS using Terraform.
- In-depth knowledge in building the AWS Cloud Formation templates for creating custom VPC’s, subnets, EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancers, NAT and security groups by using JSON/YAML scripts.
- Experienced in Docker for virtualization. Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to speed up Build/Release Engineering. Used Docker for Virtualizing servers for the needs in multiple environments such as dev and QA.
- Used Kubernetes in our project to orchestrate deployment, scaling, clustering and management of containerized applications, Docker swarm for management of Docker containers of new and existing applications as well as deployment and management of complex run-time environment.
- Worked on multiple Docker components such as the Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Docker Hub, Docker Swarm and Docker Registry.
- Experience with working on source control management tools such as SVN, GIT and Bitbucket for Branching, Merging and maintaining versions across the environments.
- Automated various administration tasks using Bash, JSON, Ruby, PowerShell and Python Scripts.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment by using automation scripts in the pipeline process.
- Experience in setup and configuring the Application servers such as Apache Tomcat, WebSphere and JBoss.
- Experience in configuration management to deal with Servers, VM’s and in the cloud and manage the infrastructure using Ansible.
- Experienced with Ansible Tower for managing complex network deployments by adding control, knowledge and delegation to Ansible powered environments.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds and used Maven dependency management to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Automated installation of JDK 8, Tomcat and several other software packages on multiple machines through SSH using Ansible Playbooks and maintained up to date.
- Extensive Knowledge in writing Shell, Python and Bash scripts throughout the entire Lifecycle of Devops.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins to achieve End to End Automation by Continuous integration and Continuous Deployment for all the Builds and Deployments.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, BITBUCKET
Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Cloud Formation
Operating Systems: Ubuntu, Debian, Solaris, Windows, Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS and SUSE).
Build tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
Configuration Management tools: Chef, Ansible and Docker.
Defect Tracking tools: Jira, Ontime, Bugzilla and Red Mine.
Cloud Services: AWS, Azure, Open shift
Virtualization and Containerization: VMware, Docker and Kubernetes.
AWS cloud: EC2, IAM, VPC, Route53, ELB, EBS, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS, SQS, RedShift, Dynamo DB, Direct connect, Storage Gateway.
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, FTP/TFTP, SFTP, WAN, LAN, SSH and TELNET.
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic, Web Sphere
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL and My SQL.
Scripting: Shell Scripting, Python, Ruby, Bash and Power Shell.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk and Cloud Watch
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Managed Multiple IAM accounts In AWS for users with specific policies attached and implemented Multi Factor Authentication meeting the security compliance.
- Created alarms and notifications for monitoring EC2 instances using Cloud Watch and configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) by using the EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Worked on configuration and maintenance of the AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, NACL’s, Routing Tables, ELB, Security Groups and EC2 Instances
- Built AWS S3 buckets and managed its policies using Identity Access Management (IAM). Also used Glacier along with S3 for Backup and Storage on AWS Cloud.
- Creating AWS Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) in JSON to design custom size VPC, Subnets, NAT to deploy Web Applications and Database templates.
- Played a major role in building Docker images ; create build and deployment configurations to deploy applications on OpenShift . Developed Ansible playbooks to do automated recovery process upon the failure of OpenShift MASTER.
- Created Terraform scripts for EC2 Instances, Elastic Load Balancers and S3 Buckets.
- Changed the existing Terraform templates, which is used to create and compose all the components necessary to run application.
- Migrating Legacy Applications from across the Data Centers to AWS Cloud.
- Configuring and managing both the Cloud and on-premises GitHub repositories and administration of user accounts, maintaining proper sync of local and remote repo.
- Building a Continuous delivery pipeline with Docker for custom images of Applications in the Cloud using Jenkins.
- Created Docker Swarm using Docker CLI to Orchestrate, Schedule and deploy the services to Swarm and managed the Swarm behavior.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python scripts.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems and worked with deploying web application on Apache, Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with configuration management (Ansible).
- Implemented Jenkins and built pipelines to drive all microservice builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Managing the OpenShift cluster that includes scaling up and down the AWS app nodes.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Worked on Docker/Kubernetes Containerization of cloud based applications .
- Worked on Docked-Compose and Docker-Machine to create Docker containers for Testing applications in the QA environment.
- Used Kubernetes for automated deployments, scaling and management of containerized applications across clusters of hosts .
- I have worked on OpenShift ready enhancements to Kubernetes platform for hybrid cloud deployments to verify our cloud platform clusters.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization
- OpenShift virtualized PaaS provider - useful in automating the provisioning of commodity computing resources for cost and performance efficiency.
- Point team player on OpenShift for creating new Projects, Services for load balancing and adding them to Routes to be accessible from outside, troubleshooting pods through ssh and logs, modification of Buildconfigs, templates, Image streams, etc.
- Had very strong exposure using ansible automation in replacing the different components of OpenShift like ECTD, MASTER, APP, INFRA, Gluster.
- Configured Apache webserver and Tomcat in the Linux AWS Cloud environment and automatic deployment of applications using Ansible automation.
- Experience in utilizing Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments checking out code from GIT and use Maven to build war/jar artifacts and creating pipelines.
- Automated Jenkins jobs checking out code from GIT pushed to Git repository by using Poll SCM, and scheduled jobs as night builds and configured Maven test, compile and build.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and deployed artifacts into Nexus (Jar and War file) repository and defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Created Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing Yaml files.
- Monitoring of Application and Servers by using shell/python scripts and Nagios as monitoring tool to identify, resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Highly participated in Linux/Ubuntu administration along with other functions managing different server's like Apache/Tomcat and databases such as Oracle, MySQL.
- Participated and contributed effectively in daily stand-up, sprint review, sprint demo and scrum meetings in Agile.
Environment: GIT, Docker, Nexus, AWS, Chef, MAVEN, LINUX, OpenShift, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, XML, Docker, Vagrant, Maven, Ansible, Nagios, Kubernetes, Jira, Ruby, Web logic, Python, BASH Scripts, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
- Working as cloud Engineer, involved in configuration for Web apps/Function apps, V-net integration, HCM, Application gateway, App Insights, Active directory, Azure Key Vault, Encryption and Security on Azure .
- Configured and implemented storage blobs and Azure files - Created Storage accounts, Configured the Content Delivery Network (CDN), custom domain, Managing access and storage access key
- Experience in Windows Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and worked on storages like Blob (Page and Block), Sql Azure. Well experienced in deployment & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Part of a team of DevOps engineer for infrastructure support on Azure and GCP cloud.
- Worked on various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles),Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, and PowerShell Automation.
- Automated the infrastructure in Google Cloud by using Deployment Manager templates for various services in GCP.
- Developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python and Jenkins allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Helm packages and implemented Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Experience on Vagrant, Azure and Kubernetes based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of environments delivery for releases.
- Used of Docker, Kubernetes and Open Shift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Build and maintain the AppDynamics dashboards.
- Developed web apps, mobile applications using C#
- Good knowledge on Spark SQL, Kafka AWS and knowledge on IDE tools such as Eclipse, NetBeans, and Maven.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle. Worked on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry .
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes . Experienced in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications. Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Created Docker images from scratch and customized and modified base images from existing environment configurations and maintaining the image repository for development teams.
- Created Ansible roles in YAML and defined tasks, variables, files, handlers and templates. Created inventory and configured the Ansible files for parallel deployment in Ansible for automating the Continuous delivery process
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems. Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment.
- Used Ansible as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Used Spark for interactive queries, processing of streaming data and integration with popular NoSQL database for huge volume of data.
- Experience on Azure Site Recovery , Operations Management Suite, Power shell Scripts and ARM templates.
- I wrote the ansible playbooks which is the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Writing several Ansible Playbooks and Roles for provisioning the machines in different environments and converting the static playbooks into roles.
- Implemented to reprocess the failure messages in Kafka using offset id.
- Implemented Kafka producer and consumer applications on Kafka cluster setup with help of Zookeeper.
- Had knowledge on Kibana and Elastic search to identify the Kafka message failure scenarios.
- Using Terraform as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers and Docker containers. Also, configured RDS instances and map more complex dependencies and identify network issue using Terraform.
- Used Terraform for building, changing, versioning infrastructure and collaborate the automation of Azure Infrastructure via Terraform and Jenkins.
- Built the process of remediation for Azure resources, by automating using JSON Templates and PowerShell scripts and deploy it using build and release pipeline in VSTS.
- Worked on setting up Splunk to capture and analyze logs from various layers such as Load Balancers, Web servers and application servers.
- Used Splunk to monitor the system logs as well as notify the incident management system upon exceeding thresholds.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control and also Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Extensive exposure to configuration management policies along with automation of scripting using Bash/Shell scripting.
- Written Power Shell scripts for archiving and moving of older log files to Azure Storage and automation scripts using python.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks in sprint.
Environment: Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, GIT, Ansible, Maven, Nginx, Nexus OSS, SonarQube, ELK, Apache Tomcat, Python, Power Shell, Windows/Linux.
Confidential, Brookfield, WI
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Involved in repeated working on AWS cloud platform and its features, which include EC2, VPC, AMI, RDS, S3, Route53, IAM, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front and Cloud watch.
- Worked on AWS EC2 Instances creation, setting up AWS VPC, creating AMI’S (Amazon machine images) using VM Import/Export to import virtual machines (VM) images to amazon EC2 as AMI’s, launching AWS EC2 instances with different kind of private and public subnets based on the requirements for each of the applications.
- Used Cloud-watch for monitoring the server’s (AWS EC2 instances) CPU utilization and system memory.
- Building and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS and Created and managed an encrypted S3 bucket for all CloudTrail logs Encrypted bucket, and policy to allow MSSP to access the logs.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates in JSON to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to deploy Web applications & database templates.
- Involved in projects that move to production and work closely with the Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in Sona type NEXUS repository.
- Implemented automation of Builds and Release management using Jenkins to achieve CI/CD in a project.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process and resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Worked with Jenkins API's to know various things like build status, count of builds, Git commit version used by Jenkins builds etc.
- Solid experience in developing and deploying the applications on Tomcat Apache servers and maintaining Load balancing, High availability and Failover .
- Written Bash shell scripts for getting information about various Linux servers and prepared Ruby codes, programming of web applications and testing services on daily basis.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for continuous integration and performed continuous deployments
- Creating the build script using the ANT as build tool, for Java and .Net web applications.
- Worked on JIRA for tracking and updating the JIRA tickets and per assigned and Maintained JIRA Administration/User documentation in Confluence.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Managing permission for files and directories with chmod and managing different kind of services like DHCP, FTP, NFS, Apache Web Server.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
Environment: : ANT, Subversion, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse, NEXUS, Oracle, DB2 MS SQL Server, Java, J2EE, Ruby, Shell, Windows, Linux
Sr.Linux /Unix Administrator
- Worked on migration from physical to virtual (P2V) environment for Red Hat Linux.
- Worked on switching production to virtual from bare metal, as well as decommission and shutdown legacy physical servers.
- Worked on Recovery from failed restore, post deployment VM Setup.
- Create scripts to automate daily tasks like creating LAMP stack VPS’s, chrooted sftp, ZFS backup scripts, VPS load testing, SSL installations, ecommerce search engine index replication, apache-solr setup, My sql replication.
- Installed and configured Apache Webserver in a LAMP stack.
- Operationally supported systems in AWS Networking and security administration and troubleshooting.
- Implemented Puppet for Package and configuration management.
- Configured and used automation tools like PUPPET to push updates like sudo, ssh. Send mail and patches.
- Designed, built, and deployed multitude applications utilizing AWS stack focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Worked on Migration of servers from a physical data center environment to AWS.
- Automated routine tasks using scripting languages like Ruby and Python
- Monitoring and service issue resolution of LAMP stack web servers, both shared and VPS.
- Worked on Puppet extensively for deployment for servers, creating on custom scripts and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Assembled Puppet Master, Agent, and Database servers on multiple Red Hat Enterprise Linux Platforms.
- Created profiles in Puppet and pushed them across all the servers in UNIX and Linux environment.
- Used Puppet Master to keep in sync configuration on hosts running agents.
- Change root password on all servers from centralized Puppet master server.
- Managed user/group and sudo access on the Linux operating system.
- Setup static IP address for server when there is a new server build.
- Troubleshoot network issue from the OS standpoint using net stat, ping, traceroute, and tcpdump commands.
- Document process and procedures for system and database usage.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, Puppet, Ruby, Python, AWS, VPN, MySQL, Apache Web Sphere, Puppet Master, UNIX, LINUX