- VMware Certified Professional (VCP - 5-DCV, VCP-6-DCV) versions 5, 6 with almost 8 years of experience in implementation and management of a wide array of virtualization scenarios including Data Center virtualization, VDI implementation, Private Cloud, and Disaster Recovery.
- Strong communication skills, including a long successful history interfacing with customers, end users, and reporting to management.
- Particularly adept at migrations and upgrades in both the Compute (P2V, V2V) and Storage (Data Migration) layers as well as Hyper Converged.
- Experienced troubleshooter that specializes in advanced monitoring and maintenance policies to create a proactive environment, driving down the number of issues.
- A proven dependable team member that prides himself in the reliability and quality of his work as well as his ability to work with others in order to achieve a common goal.
Operating Systems Technology: Windows Server 2003/ 2008 R2/ 2012 R2/2016 Vista/ Windows7/ Windows8/Windows10/Redhat/Unix. ESX, ESXi, VSphere 4.x to 6.x, vCenter, High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), vMotion, Svmotion, Cross vCenter utility, Resource pools, Host Profiles, RDM’s(Raw Device Mappings), vDS/vSS, Templates, Snapshots, Cloning, vApps, Content Libraries, Storage DRS, vMotion, P2V, Plate-spin, vCops, Citrix Xenapp, Xendesktop, Update Manager, Microsoft Hyper-V, MVMC 3.1, Solar Winds, vROPS, F5, Robocopy, Powershell, Horizon 6.x, 7.x, App volumes, Profile Unity, UEM, Persona management, WSUS, Shavelik, MSCS, Tenable, Tanium, Nexpose, SCCM, EMC Avamar, Veritas Net backup, Backup Exec, Quantum Tape Library, SCOM, UCS Central/Manager, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group policy Management, ADFS, IIS, Exchange, vSphere PowerCLI, vSphere 6.5(POC), Remedy, VSTS, Data Domain, Unity, Isilon, VMAX, VNX, SRM, Veeam, VCB, Azure, vSAN, vBlock and vXrails.
Hardware: CISCO Blades & Rack, IBM System X and blades (M2, M3, M4) DELL Rack & BladesDELL Blade Enclosure M1000e, HP ProLiant, HP Blades, HP Blade Enclosures
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Research and develop new technology solutions to optimize and improve corporate IT infrastructure along with managing complex projects to completion by coordinating, communicating, provide solutions, troubleshooting and support for escalated support cases.
- Deploying, configuring and troubleshooting 2008, 2012 and 2016 OS on VMware, Azure and Physical hosts. Upgrades of Windows 10 on VDI desktops using SCCM.
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot Vcenter, ESXi hosts 6.0, 6.5, 6.7.
- Experience managing Hyper-V infrastructure/VMM hosting App/Web/DB servers.
- Migration of all web, application and database 2008 to 2012, 2016 servers as part of 2008 end of support/2008 retirement project.
- Cross vCenter vMotion utility & VMware standalone converter for migrations across vcenters.
- Migrating the data drives using robocopy along with permissions for both domain and local accounts.
- Patching Windows hosts and desktops using WSUS, SCCM and VMware update manager for upgrading and patching ESXi hosts, VM hardware and VM tools.
- Build, configure and optimize Linux OS Redhat/Cent OS on servers hosted on VMware.
- Working with Storage teams to provision the storage to the ESXi hosts and RDM’s to the virtual servers and physical servers configured with Microsoft SQL failover clusters and Linux servers
- Installation of Packages and schedule upgrades/patches on the RHEL using redhat satellite.
- Performance monitoring and tuning using vRealize Operations manager(vROPS).
- Performed migrations of the vCenter from 6.0 to 6.7 and migrated all the ESXi hosts as well as virtual servers from 6.0 to 6.7.
- Worked on deploying/configuring and troubleshooting components of Horizon 6.x/7.x and managed to deploy/recompose Windows 10 enterprise version as linked clones/Instant clone desktops for almost 2000+ users. Performance tuning and monitoring of the master image as needed for optimal performance. Patched dedicated pools and master images of floating desktops using SCCM.
- Converted the local storage to Shared storage for building a hyper converged VSAN 10 node cluster with implementing different storage policies for the sole purpose of VDI.
- Responsible for leading the Datacenter Decommission, upgrade and retirement projects.
- Managing the ticket queue using the HP service manager/Service now according to the level of severity.
- Work closely with Business owners, application teams for scheduling any planned changes or during major outages for scheduling downtime.
- Adept in collaboratively working with different teams and successful in delivering projects within the deadline as a stakeholder/Project sponsor.
Skills: VMware vSphere Suite, ESXi, Cross vcenter Vmotion utility, Snapshots, Cloning, Vsphere PowerCLI, ESXCLI, Powershell, HA, DRS, SDRS, vmotion, vROPS, RDM’s, DRS rules, Hyper-V, VMM, Microsoft Failover clusters, Robocopy, Dell EMC secure copy, CISCO Blades, IBM Rack/Blade servers, Decommissions, Citrix VDI, Horizon VDI, DMZ, IIS, FTP, WSUS, SQL, EMC Unity/VNX, Microsoft Windows 2003/ 2008/2012/2016 /2019 (POC), File/Share permissions, P2V migrations, WSUS, SCCM, Windows 10, Windows 2008 upgrades, IBM servers, HP Service Manager, Service now, Veritas Net backup, AD, DHCP, DNS, SSL Certs.
Skills: ESXi 6.5, VCSA 6.5, Horizon View 7.03/7.10, Connection server, Composer, Security server, Automated pools and manual with Instant clone, Linked clones, Windows 10 enterprise, SCCM, WSUS, RDSH farms, vROPS manager, ADAM’s database, Events DB, Composer DB, UEM, App volumes, SCCM for patching, RSA-ID for authentication, Active directory, GPO’s, DNS, DHCP, Dell blades, SQL 2014, Vsphere PowerCLI, ESXCLI, Master Image, VMware Optimization tool.
- Experience with managing infrastructure of 650+ ESXi hosts and 7000+ VM’s across 5 datacenters.
- Deployed new ESXi hosts, build/modify/troubleshoot guest servers using vCenter, updated VM templates and configured/managed clusters, HA, DRS, vApp and resource pool settings.
- Experience with vcenter 5.5/6.0/ESXi 5.5/6.0/vSphere Update Manager RDM’s/Datastores/vSphere Networking (vSS & vDS)/Snapshots/vMotion/Storage vMotion/vSphere web client/Resource pools.
- Performed an Upgrade of the Cisco UCS firmware version from 2.28b to 2.28f on 60+ Cisco UCS blades using both UCS manager and UCS central.
- Performed migration of around 150+ windows physical servers to virtual using P2V converter.
- Responsible for patching windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 servers using Shavelik across 5 vcenters and pushing the applications/softwares/updates to 450-500 workstations through SCCM.
- Experience with scanning all the physical, virtual servers and workstations with Tenable and Nexpose for any vulnerabilities. vRealize Operations Manager 6.6 and 6.5 - Decommissioned virtual machines, Performance analysis of VM’s and Reclaimed Compute resources using vROPS metrics.
- Patching ESXi hosts, Virtual machine tools and hardware Upgrades using VMware Update Manager and applied Host Profiles for all the hosts to maintain compliance.
- Responsible for generating SSL certs, renewing and replacing them on concerned applications.
- F5 Big IP - Creating new pools, adding members to pools, creating VIPS and uploading the SSL/SAN certificates to the VIPS on F5 for Load balancing, Upgradation of TMOS software version.
- Responsible for setting up and supporting Avamar Backup grid across 3 physical datacenters and setting up backup jobs for all the 5 vcenters.
- Responsible for adding around 500+ virtual and physical boxes into the Solar Winds to be monitored and stood up a new Solar Winds instance and experience in deploying Pollers.
- Installing/Administering Windows 2008, 2012 server for setting up new Domain Controllers, Active Directory services, File/Print servers, Applications servers/Web servers/Failover clusters.
- Responsible for all the production outages and serve as the primary escalation point for all the Windows, VDI, VMware and Backup related issues and providing RCA’s.
- Working on various incidents and requests from Users and keep tracking them through Remedy ticketing tool. Work on various projects and keep track of the work through sprints in the VSTS.
- Exposure to storage arrays like Isilon, VMAX, VNX 5300, Data Domain, IBM XIV, XIO and Unity.
- Troubleshooting various issues and coordinating with various vendors like EMC, VMware, Microsoft and CISCO whenever needed.
Confidential, Parsipanny, NJ
- Designed the virtual environment and implemented the virtual environment running over 30 ESXi Hosts and 450+ Virtual Machines and supported the infrastructure residing on Microsoft and VMware.
- Build, configured, Supported OS Upgrades of 2003/2008/2012 application, Database, Web servers and migrations using VMware converter.
- Responding to user access, permissions, server related incidents in a timely manner and priority using internal ticketing tool.
- Performed vCenter upgrades, ESXi host upgrades/patches and windows patches to comply with the security standards.
- Managed to install, support and troubleshoot UCS blade (B440, B250, B200) and C-Series rack servers.
- Worked on EMC SAN storage to provision and mapping the storage.
Skills: ESXi 4.x, vcenter, VMware converter, DRS, HA, vMotion, sVmotion, Templates, Snapshots, VDI, Resource pools, Affinity & Anti-affinity rules, ACLS, Windows OS 2003/2008, Cisco UCS Firmware upgrades on Physicals, Citrix Xenapp/Xendesktop, Citrix director, Citrix PVS, Citrix Storefront. SCCM, EMC SAN (VNX5100,5300), VMAX2, Brocade, AD, DHCP, DNS, Group policies, MVMC, VMware Update Manager, UCS blades B440, B200, B250) C-Series, Schneider Electric, CISCO Webex, Bomgar, Skype, IM communicator.