- Hands - on technology professional with diverse experience in managing data and telecommunications services.
- Over 20 Years of progressive experience in technology and operations management
- Service and Support Architecture and Operations
- Amazon, Google, and Microsoft Cloud Architecture and Operations
- Data Center planning, design and optimization
- Cloud-based architecture and implementation
- Unix/Linux and Windows Server Architecture
- VMWare, Citrix Xen and Hyper-V Virtual Infrastructure design and implementation
- Internet Services Design and Management
- Enterprise Messaging and Anti-spam
- Multi-national management experience in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands
- Apple OSX, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Microsoft Windows XP - 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2000 - 2019, Active Directory design and implementation, Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Office, Open Office, Informatica ILM, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Internet Information Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Zimbra, Hyperic
- TCP/IP for Windows, Mac and Unix platforms, DNS service design and implementation, DHCP, Network firewalls, Anti-SPAM, Cisco, Vyatta and Routerboard network routing, Server virtualization and migration, VOIP
- Server and router hardening, network security auditing, intrusion detection and prevention
- HP Proliant maintenance and troubleshooting, Dell server and blade architecture, IBM server hardware, rack design and optimization
Managed Services Consultant
- External architecture and design resource as needed.
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery design and implementation
- Customer environment discovery and documentation
- Resident Windows and Active Directory resource
- Cloud and virtualization architecture
ConfidentialSenior Network Consultant
- Design and implementation of ITSM compliant internal support and Help Desk system
- ISO 270001 compliance lead
- Migration of company-wide telecommunications infrastructure to cloud-based VoIP system
- Migrated customer facing web infrastructure to Amazon EC2 with multi-site VPN connectivity
- Migrated distributed enterprise infrastructure from 6 locations in 5 states to Google and Amazon cloud services
- Support Hyper-V based virtual desktop environment.
- Support remote offices and home-based users.
- Manage LAN, WAN, and SAN networks.
- Project management for new service offerings and infrastructure upgrades.
- Application evaluation and testing.
Senior Network Consultant
- Provided systems and networking platform architecture and design services to state and local government agencies.
- Led new system architecture and design efforts in coordination with C-level state agency executives and internal IT resources.
- VMWare and Hyper-V server farm architecture, design and implementation.
- SAN design and implementation and capacity planning.
- Large scale Active Directory design and implementation for distributed, multi-tenant environment.
- Microsoft SCCM implementation with 3rd Party application updates.
- Network security design and documentation.
- Deep network security and systems vulnerability assessments.
- Exchange server design, implementation and cloud migrations
- SCADA network architecture and implementation for water and irrigation systems.
- Large scale wireless network design and site assessments.
Manager, Information Services
- Reorganized IT Department to conform to ITIL/ITSM standards for tools and processes.
- Integrated Campus View student management application with Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365, and Moodle to drive student account management from a single database.
- Created delegated Active Directory interfaces to allow Work Study students to resolve account issues without being assigned Administrator privileges.
- Implemented end-user self-service for account resets.
- Re-structured Student Work-Study program to focus on industry best practices and operational skills.
Senior Project Manager
- Rescued $3.7 Million internal project, brought back on schedule and under budget in 3 months.
- Architected and implemented large-scale data repository to store historical patient health records and billing data from multiple platforms and applications under a unified query interface.
- Created cross-departmental group to manage Informatica toolset.
- Designed server and network architecture for shared Informatica platform.
- Financial analysis to find “recovered” funds as applications are archived and decommissioned.
- Built and developed a new department to manage on-going application decommissioning and archiving.