- CCNP: Routing & Switching Certified • Willing to work on call/weekends/nightshift.
- Eager to learn new skills and improve • Fiber Optic cable experience
- Work independently and as part of a team • Server diagnostics & troubleshooting (HP, Dell, Supermicro)
- Cisco ASA Firepower Firewall experience • LPIC - 1 certified by Linux Professional Institute
- SUSE Certified Linux Administrator
- Self-taught Cisco, Python, HTML, Linux, F5, Juniper, Fortinet, SonicWall, Palo Alto, Linux, Ciena.
- 15 IT certifications for Linux, Networking, Server Hardware • Linux+ certified by Linux Professional Institute.
- Programming Frameworks Learned: Napalm, OpenCV, NetMiko, NETCONF, Flask and learning more.
- Programming Skills with Python, HTML, C++, C#, & BASH.
- Configure/Troubleshoot Cisco Wireless Controller and over 1200 Cisco Wireless access points.
- Use Cisco DNA Center 22.214.171.124 to track Cisco Wireless sensors (1800S).
- Upgrade Firmware to 20+ Cisco DX80 WebEx Video Conferencing Kit. Configured devices to video conference via WebEx.
- Re-image Cisco DNA Center and upgrade firmware from 1.2 to final 126.96.36.199.
- Upgrade Grady's Network with newer Cisco 9300 switches from 3850/3750s.
- Change Cisco Switch configurations to meet the needs of new network.
- Troubleshoot configuration errors (for example: figuring out why Networking Nodes are not communicating Netflow data to SolarWinds and similar problems).
- Use Cisco Prime to help diagnose Network issues.
- Configure SolarWinds Orion. Configure different SolarWinds Views for to match the specific needs for different employees.
- Create three different SolarWinds scheduled email reporters. Reporters create reports with PDF’s identifying network situations/charts/data.
- Use Cisco Wireless Sensors to track Wireless signal strength.
- Replace and upgrade switches and switch stacks.
- Add Policy Elements to AAA with Cisco Secure ACS to allow Wireless Sensors and other devices to access AAA controlled SSIDs.
- Backup Cisco Wireless Controller via TFTP server.
- Download RCA tech support files from DNA center via SCP for Cisco TAC support.
- Working ticket queue in BOSS Support Central v4.0.264 .
- Configure NTP server.
ENVIRONMENT: Cisco Nexus 56128P, Cisco Nexus 7000 Series, Cisco Nexus 5596 UP, Catalyst 355024 PWR, Catalyst 2811, Catalyst 3560, 3850-48, C9300-48P, Cisco Catalyst 9407R, Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.8, Cisco WLC 5520, Cisco DNA Center C220
- Work with VMware Vsphere Client to track network information.
- Use VMware VeloCloud as a load-balancer between multi-homed ISPs.
- Configure SD-WAN connections using Meraki.
- Add/Configure/Troubleshoot Site-to-Site VPN Tunnels and Remote Access VPN.
- Add/Configure/Troubleshoot SDWAN.
- Work with Active Directory and RADIUS servers to filter MAC-Addresses for Wi-Fi security.
- Install/Configure Cisco Wireless Controller + over 50 Wireless Access Points.
- Install PRTG server. Add monitoring information for PRTG Networking Monitor. Create objects to monitor with SNMP/ICMP.
- Troubleshoot/Configure Active Directory + Windows issues.
- Add/Configure/Troubleshooting Cisco Meraki/Nexus devices.
- Configure/Troubleshoot/Add Meraki video Security Cameras for Maxxis tires.
- Add/Reconfigure Cisco Aironet Wi-Fi devices + CUCM (Cisco Unified Communications Manager) configuration. Configure/Troubleshoot Cisco Unity Connection for Voicemails.
- Document all network changes and current configuration + document the rack and server network interfaces + information pertaining to the network/data-center.
- Change Cisco Switch stack priority + switch # to allow the proper switch to become the active switch.
- Use NMAP + NSlookup to find MAC address with their IP Address to map cable layouts.
- Configure Ciena routers.
- Use SolarWinds to assist in configuring networks.
- Configure Barracuda firewalls.
- Configure Fortinet FortiGate firewalls.
- Configure/Troubleshoot networks.
- Troubleshoot Core Switch configurations + switch/router/WAPs/Wireless Controllers.
- Add firewall rules to ASA Firepower firewall.
- Add interface descriptions to document EVERY interface to minimize mistakes and improve maintenance.
- Reset username/password to core switches remotely. Add user accounts to switches.
- Add cell booster extensions in buildings to increase cell phone reception.
- Label network cables / power cables.
- Configure Checkpoint firewall.
- Document LAN and WAN network diagrams.
- Document every detail of datacenters/cables/username/password.
- Work with CATX (CAT6a, CAT7, CAT5E) cable, fiber (LC, ST, OC3), coaxial cables.
ENVIRONMENT: Cisco WS-C3750X-48P, WS-C4507R-E/4506, 1900/4431 Router, Nexus C9372TX/C93180YC-FX 54, Meraki MX100/MS225-48FP/MS425-32/MS350-48FP, Wireless Controller 5508-K9, ASA Firepower 5516-x/5525, FortiNet FortiGate 100D, Juniper EX 4600, Checkpoint 15600, Ciena 3903x Service Delivery Switch, Arista DCS-7150S-24-F, HP ProLiant DL360 Gen 10/DL380 Gen9/DL580 Gen5, StorageWorks Ultrium 1760, Brocade 200E, Edge 2000 Velocloud, Sun Oracle server Database Application X7-2M, Nimble Storage CS Array.
Network Operation Center Engineer
- Added to the Wiki knowledge base, added new documents for current and future employees to learn new technical skills. Assembled the information in an HTML format for the wiki.
- Logged into routers/switches. Troubleshot network problems. Obtained information from devices to help field technicians.
- Contacted Hughes.net Satellite / Verizon / AT&T and other providers to get internet repair status.
- Configured Cisco Unified Communications Manager Architecture to block spam/sales phone numbers & prevent calls to their employees.
- Diagnosed security system outages to get camera / badge readers / SNOM phone / Gates back online.
- Configured dynamic protocols with EIGRP, BGP & OSPF.
- Configured Cisco AP (Access Points) to join WLC (Wireless LAN Controllers). Configured APs + WLC.
- Configured Synergy software to network computers.
- Troubleshot network circuits.
- Answered phone calls relating to down circuits.
- Updated tickets using Track-It.
- Configured VOIP phones/Conference with Cisco CUCM. Disabled SPAM phone numbers from calling into our network.
- Used Solarwinds to monitor IP - Satellite, MDS Microwave Data System, MPLS circuits, T1s, Microwave, Wi-Fi Access Points, Power Line Communication devices & SCADA communication devices and camera video feeds.
- Configured and printed badges with the S2 Global & S2 Netbox system.
ENVIRONMENT: Cisco Aironet 37003064/92160 YC-X, Cisco ISR4451, Cisco 4431 ISR, Cisco SG300-10MP, Cisco 2911K9, Cisco Aironet 3700/AIR1240, Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controller, Cisco CP-8841-K9 phone with sidecar Cisco IP Phone 8800 Key Expansion, Cisco CP-8845-K9 IP Video Phone
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Use FishBowl & razor inventory software to track inventory supplies and track orders.
- Create scripts to automate daily work tasks, some scripts cut down the time needed by a tenth. Languages use Bash, C++, & C#, with regular expression (regex).
- Work with JUNOS (Juniper OS) to update firmware with Juniper’s MX80, MX240, MX480, EX4550. Configure to customer specifications.
- Use Dell quick sync to gather firmware versions.
- Read IPMI logs to identify and troubleshoot the cause of a RMA failure and if there is anything wrong w/ the components.
- Login to Dell servers with iDRAC to further diagnose hardware/software issues. Use RACADM commands in iDRAC through SSH to change unified or split mode.
- Login to HP servers with iLo to diagnose hardware/software issues as needed.
- Identify computer hardware problems with invalid computer configuration/specs.
- Update Dell/HP/Cisco/Juniper to latest Firmware.
- Primary tester for all network switches and routers.
- Test HP, Dell servers and storage units.
- Remove/add server components per customer specifications.
- Troubleshoot/Diagnose servers with technical problems.
- Create a PXE server with Centos & Ubuntu to efficiently evaluate & diagnose server hardware.
- A ssist, train and aid new employees on computer hardware builds.
- Deliver packages to FedEx site as needed (e.g., late shipments).
- Perform inventory cycle counts and full inventory when required.
- Pack, pick and commit orders, then ship them.
- Test inbound hard drives from take-outs.
- Log into Dell Chassis Management Controller to diagnose, fix, and update firmware/configurations of blade servers.
- Disassemble server racks, remove servers, blades, PDUs, networking gear, etc. as needed.
ENVIRONMENT: Juniper MX80/MX240/MX480, EX4550, Dell R220, R320, R610, R720XD/R730XD, R930, HP DL360p Gen8, BL460c Gen8. Supermicro Blade 938-16.