- To take a challenging role on business operations and give an efficient and effective solution that will help the organization to achieve the best solution in business and ultimately increase its productivity in market.
HARDWARE: HSC 50, Micro Vax 200 RA81, RA90 Disk Drives, TK78 Tape Drives, LP27 and LP06 Line Printer, Xerox 4050, PDP 1170, Vax 11785,11780 6230, 6330, 8650, Processors, Digital Vax Station 3100, Desk System 5900/260 MIPS Model Processor R44oo, Desk System 500 Model 260, Sun Micro - System Sparcsever 1000, 5, 10, Vax Station 4090, 4090Am, 3100, AS400 model 270 and various IBM equipment @ NHRMC, 3490, 3590 Tape Drive, Optical Server (Laserarc) Printer IBM 6262 T12
SOFTWARE: VAX/VMS Systems, Cluster Environment, Version 5.4 DCL Commands, Ethernet Decnet, VMS B5.52. IT tracking software: Tivoli and Track- It, HEAT, Sales force, Remedy, MarkVision, Arcsight,EM7, Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
Confidential, Reston, VA
Data Center/Security Analyst
- Media Services Tape Mounting and Tracking of Offsite Media Monitor availability of devices and escalate as required.
- Support NA Data Centers capacity planning Requires knowledge of racks, cabinet and computer equipment.
- Maintain AutoCAD Drawing of floor plan layout Maintain locations of perforated vent tile for proper cooling Diagrams of Rack and Cabinets Provide Power and space estimates for proposed Projects.
- Requires knowledge of equipment requirements Process orders for electric circuits and power strips for connecting computer equipment Specify Amp, voltage and number of wires and size in Electrical orders Maintain Access Data base of electrical Circuit information Provide Space charges for customers and maintain spreadsheet data.
- Provides technical support to clients on the off shift monitoring and managing all projects and resolving technical issues, closing tickets in remedy, providing support for all applications/operational requirements to clients of the data center. Ensures that client issues are resolved in a timely manner, work with problem tickets to closure.
Output Device Tech/Help Desk
- In charge of all printers/copier/fax/toner related issues.
- Provide weekly communications to RM and any issues that require escalation and any issues that can’t get resolved.
- Management of the Output Device Refresh queue in Remedy.
- Make sure that incidents are assigned, enduring that all incidents are updated and follow - up is provided to customers when there are delays.
- Make sure that all output device related issues are address.
- Scheduling of all maintenance and repair items, working with ESD,ACCRAM and Lexmark to ensure service is provided to the customers.
- Communicate to output device team to discuss any issues or upgrades coming in the future.
- 8570 training completed for the Confidential Corps Of Engineers.
- In charge of other output device techs in other districts that were under the Wilmington District.
- Helpdesk request from customers on and offsite in other district.
Help Desk Specialist
- Managed the Hospital Help Desk and hospital Data Center on assigned shifts. Operated all assigned equipment in the Data Center in accordance with the scheduled shift and computer room workflow log Configured, installed and maintained all PC’s, terminals, and printers which are part of the Hospital Information System.
- Initiated trouble ticket, documented the call, the call originator, the trouble reported, and other pertinent information in accordance with established practices.
- Documented steps taken to resolve the trouble and the results obtained. Completed all production runs in a timely manner; break down computer reports for distribution in accordance with standard operating procedures; ordered and stocked appropriate supplies.
- Monitored daily backups of mainframe systems, clinical systems, and network file servers to ensure backups are completed successfully. Marked and dated all backup media for on and offsite storage.
- Ensued a high regard for privacy and security of hospital information and have access to, or oversight of, Protected Health Information (PHI) in the course of carrying out position duties.
- Notified the appropriate person or service contract, as well as documented any equipment that is or becomes unserviceable in the Data center during the shift. Received and logged trouble calls.
Technical Support Specialist
- Answered initial and follow-up phone calls from customers who have service and technical support issues — ability to own the issue full-cycle from start to finish.
- Ability to effectively handle the expectations of a call center.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple contacts and tasks.
- Provided consultative support to clients to help them better implement the services through the client's business.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN concepts.
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communications skills and an ability to maintain strict professionalism in all client communication.
- Provided timely and thorough resolution of all issues raised by corporate customers, as well as documenting all actions.
- Ability to keep a regular and consistent work schedule.
- Maintained consistent quality and performance metrics as set out by management.
- Improved service and product quality by being the customer's voice back to the organization.
- Familiarity with VoIP or telecommunications technology highly desired.