- Highly motivated and committed DevOps/Cloud Engineer with 7 plus years of professional experience in DevOps/Cloud Implementation, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration & Deployment including Linux System Administration.
- Experienced in working on DevOps /Agile operations process and tools area (Cloud Services, Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release management, Automation, Containerization, Incident and Change Management and Linux administration).
- Expertise in automation tools like Git, Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Splunk, ELK stack, Cloud Watch
- Experience in Cloud service platforms like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
- Deployed infrastructure on AWS utilizing services such as EC2, RDS, VPC and Managed Network and Security, Route 53, Direct Connect, IAM, Cloud Formation, AWS Ops Works (Automate operations), Elastic Beanstalk, AWS S3, Glacier, (Storage in the cloud) and Cloud Watch Monitoring Management.
- Worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups.
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to event in Amazon Dynamo DB table, S3 buckets, HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Worked on PowerShell/Bash scripts to gather resources metrics from AWS EC2 Instances, and configured Alerts and Dashboards using AWS Cloud Watch Monitoring.
- Hands - on experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Container Service, VPN Gateway, Content Delivery Management, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, OMS, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Worked with Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and managed containerized applications using its nodes.
- Expertise in creating Pods using Kubernetes and worked with Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Expertise in using Docker including Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker images, compose, swarm, and Docker Registry and used containerization to make our applications platform to be consistent flexible when they are moved into different environments.
- Experience in using Docker and setting up ELK with Docker and Docker-Compose. Actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Built monitoring and metric gathering system around OpenShift using Sensu, Grafana and Promethus.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch using Docker file.
- Experience in Installing Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and Automated by Testing Chef Recipes/Cookbooks with Test-kitchen.
- Experience in developing Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Roles and Data Bags to automate the services related to deployment on multiple environments.
- Expertise in Ansible Playbook, YAML for Maintaining Roles, Inventory Files and Groups Variables and Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson.
- Improved continuous integration workflow, project testing, and deployments with build automation tools like Bamboo, Jenkins. Implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven in Jenkins.
- Experience in integrating Jenkins with various tools like Maven (Build tool), Git (Repository), SonarQube (code verification), Nexus (Artifactory) and implementing CI/CD automation for creating Jenkins pipelines programmatically architecting Jenkins Clusters. Hands on experience with testing frameworks Junit, Selenium, cucumber.js for setup, build and delivery pipeline.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such as Git, GitHub, Tortoise Subversion (SVN), IBM Clear case and Perforce.
- Expertise in working with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA , Clear Quest and Quality centre .
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle , MY SQL and SQL Server .
Cloud: AWS (EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, ELB, Redshift, Elastic Search, Lambda, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, SNS, SQS, IAM), Azure, GCP
Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Packer, CloudFormation Templates, ARM Templates
Container Management Tools: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS ECS
Configuration Management Tools: CI/CD Tools
Build Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
Virtualization: Vagrant, Docker, ESXI, KVM, vSphere 4 and vSphere 5Citrix
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, Windows Server
Scripting Languages: SHELL, BASH, RUBY, PYTHON
Version Control Tools: GIT, GITHUB, Bitbucket, Subversion
Application Servers: Web logic, Web sphere, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Apache Airflow
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk, Datadog, New Relic, Prometheus and Cloud Watch
Databases: My SQL, MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSql, Dynamo DB, Cassandra
Ticketing Tools: Service Now, JIRA
Testing Tools: Selenium, Cucumber, Junit, SonarQube
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Experienced in all phases of the SDLC such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- In depth understanding of the principles and best practices of software configuration management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies along with lean practices. Working in sprints in both the Kanban and Agile model.
- Designed and implemented CI/CD pipeline achieving an end to end automation from code commit to production deployment using tools like GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Nexus, CloudFormation, AWS Lambda Functions JIRA and Nagios.
- Experience in Designing and maintaining containerized microservices and configuring/maintaining private container registry on Microsoft Azure for Hosting Images and using Windows Active Directory to secure an Azure Active Directory AD domain services managed the domain with LDAP's.
- Created Docker containers to build, ship and run the images to deploy the applications, and worked on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, and Docker Registry.
- Created customized AMIs based on existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Designed Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and migration from traditional to cloud environment
- Experience working on Docker hub , creating Docker Images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and building AWS code pipeline and code commits.
- Launching Amazon EC2Cloud Instances using Amazon Images ( Linux / Ubuntu ) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure.
- Wrote deployment recipes for infrastructure management (Terraform).
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build Artifacts to Nexus Google Cloud Platform (GCP) as a part of POC.
- Worked closely with multiple development and test teams to provide process design, management, and support for source code control, code compilation, change management, and production release management.
- Expertise in working with Ansible Playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching, and software deployment on cloud environments and managing Ansible Playbooks with modules, working with Ansible Tower, Vault and Galaxy.
- Worked with Ansible Playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment and Experience in writing Playbooks using YAML scripts in Ansible .
- Hands on configuring and creating Kubernetes ( k8s ) Clusters for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure.
- Expertise in writing Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Python programming for deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools, Jinja2, Boto3.
- Providing on call production support and maintaining 99.99% uptime of servers and worked closely with our Senior Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions, mentor cloud engineers.
Environment: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Ansible, VPC, VM's, IAM, ELB AWS CloudFormation, SHELL, MySQL, Redhat7, Linux, Tomcat Server, Apache Server
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMIs, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, the Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in.
- Worked with Docker Containerization in automating deployments, scaling and managing containerized applications across clusters of hosts. Used Docker Swarm and Kubernetes to manage and orchestrate docker applications in multiple Docker containers.
- Configured the Docker Containers and creating Docker files for different Environment migrated different projects from Subversion to GIT.
- Setting up huge Kubernetes platform with four clusters and providing assistance to various app teams.
- Lightweight virtualization with Linux Containers and Docker. Used Terraform as Infrastructure as a code and modifying Terraform scripts as and when configuration changes required.
- Developed Ansible scripts for an automated server provisioning the Docker Images , reducing the time between provisioning and deployment from over 3 hours to less than 10 minutes.
- Used PythonBOTO3 library package to create, modify and manage Amazon Web Services .
- Designed and Implemented Automated log backup to S3 using Python and rewrote into Python, optimized, and further automated an integral bootstrap script that deploys AWS Service Hub accounts using Terraform, Consul, and Vault.
- Used Ansible to configure monitoring tool New Relic Infrastructure agents on all the servers and wrote Ruby , Python , Shell ( Bash ), Power Shell scripts to automate the deployments.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python . Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Initialized GIT FLOW and implemented branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion/GIT. Using GIT as source code management tool: creating local repo, cloning the repo, adding, committing, pushing the changes in the local repo, saving changes for later (Stash), and recovering files.
- Manage and replicate infrastructure and instance configurations using Terraform and Packer.
- Worked on creation of multiple Amazon Machine Images (AMI) for multiple regions and different environments using Packer Scripts and automated in Ansible Playbooks
- Built TerraGrunt project to manage Terraform configuration file DRY while working with multiple Terraform modules
- Experience involving versioning for AWSS3 along with the lifecycle policies for backup and archiving data in Glacier.
- Designed and worked with the team to implement ELK (elastic search, log stash, and Kibana) Stack on AWS.
- Used AWS console and AWSCLI to launch and manage VM's with Public/Private subnet and setting up security groups, load balancing etc.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, Route53, VPC, Code Deploy, creating security groups, auto-scaling, Lambda, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Experience in Creating and Configuring the CI / CD pipeline for deploying Micro-Services and Lambda functions using Jenkins .
- Created a Python Script to stop all the instances with a specific tag in AWS Instance using Lambda functions and made it into Cloud Watch Scheduler to schedule it every night.
- Experienced in Build and Deployment of Java, .NET, C#, IOS, ASP.NET applications on to different environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production, which includes designing, development and implementation.
Environment: GIT, GITHUB, Shell, Terraform, Consul/Vault, Groovy, EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling, IAM, MAVEN, Ubuntu, Windows Server and LINUX, XML, JAVA.
- As a DevOps Engineer, supported multiple teams within Confidential for multiple applications including Ruby on Rails and Java/J2EE applications.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management and new job setup in Jenkins.
- Automated Build processes using GIT/SVN, Maven/ANT and Jenkins/VSTS for Java EE & WebSphere based applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolved Build failures due to infrastructure issues reduced by 95% stabilizing the build process. Setup and executed process to code review system effectively
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Technologies like Splunk , Shell scripts, GIT , Maven , Bitbucket , Jenkins , SonarQube , Nexus , Junit , Ansible .
- Closely worked with developers, project managers and product owners to setup the road map, and supported day to day build issues.
- Launched new EC2 instance with VPC and load balancers in AWS Environment.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Coordinated with QA, DEV, Project, Delivery, Production support, Managers and Performance teams to consider concerns, issues and addressing those aspects to meet the delivery dates.
- Developed the new CI tools or concepts for specific projects and improve the project performance and gather automation requirements from component teams and create and execute modules using Chef.
- Worked with Infrastructure and Delivery services team of 12 members and responsible for maintaining source code repository which is GitLab.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects, debugged and troubleshot support for the Development and infra team.
- Provided task level inputs in daily stand up and highlight if there are any blockers for progressing with the planned strategic activities.
- Monitored applications health through dashboard. Maintained Nexus administration tasks and Automated the deployment process of Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers using Ansible.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to the Apache Tomcat server and configured it to host the websites.
- Deployed application packages on different servers. Coordinated with software development, QA and delivery services teams.
Environment: ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef Unix, Linux, Python, AWS, GIT, JIRA, Shell Script, Nexus, SonarQube, Splunk.
- Expertise as a Red Hat Linux system administrator involved in maintaining responsibility for the daily operations and maintenance of IT systems in an enterprise environment.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration, Support and Troubleshooting existing systems in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Configuration of LVM (Logical Volume Manager) to manage volume group, logical and physical partitions and importing new physical volumes.
- Managed users, disks, group’s administration, File Sharing Permissions, backup and restore operations, and networking service.
- Extensive experience with vCenter and vSphere configuration and deployment.
- Upgraded the VMware tools, VM's hardware on all the VM's as a part Upgrade process.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers
- Experienced in implementing Puppet, Chef, Docker
- Worked on Puppet for the deployment of servers with custom scripts
- Experience in monitoring the servers using Nagios
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Jenkins for automated builds
- Created test scenarios for testing NIS, NFS, DNS and other functionality of the OS
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat /MySQL/PHP, LDAP, LAMP web service environment
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project.
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, Troubleshooting & Solve Server Problems in LINUX.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Logical Volume Manager, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, PHP, LDAP, NIS, NFS, DNS, VNC server.