- Around 8 Years of experience in IT industry as DevOps/ Agile operations, Linux Administrator, Build/Release Management, Change/Incident Management and Cloud Management.
- Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Hands - on Experience in converting the agile process to the DevOps Framework.
- Successfully automated processes to support continuous software deployments .
- Strong hands on Experience with scripting languages like Python, bash, Perl.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat and Oracle).
- Experience in several AWS services EC2, VPC, S3, Cloud Watch, Auto scaling configurations etc.
- Worked on AWS Infra to build the script which can relate to various tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform to build the infra inside of AWS via code.
- Experienced in setting up databases in AWS using RDS , storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket by creating snapshots .
- Hands on Azure services such as V Nets, Virtual Machines, Blob storage, Data Factory, data center, Storage Account, Auto-Scaling, deploying Web Apps, monitoring by Application Insights and creating Web-Jobs.
- Expertise on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, Endpoint security and firewall.
- Hands on experience in Azure CLI, Bash, Power shell Scripting.
- Experience in setting up the CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Worked on the AWS Infra to build a script and which can be connected with various tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform to build the infra inside of a AWS via code.
- Experience in building Docker images using GitLab-ci build automation runner.
- Strong experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (Subversion), BitBucket, ACCUREV, Perforce, and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Experienced in branching, tagging, and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, TFS.
- Installed, configured, and administered Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for automated builds.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like ANT, Jenkins, Teamcity, QuickBuild, Docker, Buildforge and Maven.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining build, deployment scripts for test, Staging and Production environments using ANT, Maven, Shell and Perl scripts.
- Implemented CI/CD Automation Process using various CI Tools like Jenkins and CD Tools like Docker .
- Worked on Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes .
- Experience with working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Experience in using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker containers.
- Good experience in writing Helm Charts, Kubernetes yaml files for deployment of microservices into Kubernetes clusters.
- Expertise with configuration management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python, SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python, run Ansible Scripts to provision development servers.
- Extensive experience in implementing DevOps tools and pipelines using Jenkins, Run deck, Nexus Artifactory, Chef, Puppet, Docker and Packer etc. for continuous integration and delivery.
- Worked in SCM tools - Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Worked on Octopus deploy for automated .net deployments.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP, and HTTPS.
- Extensive experience in Atlassian, ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, REMEDY, ClearQuest, Redmine, Bugzilla for Production hotfixes and bugfixes.
- Experience in Java, C, C++, C# and manage software Configurations and builds in a UNIX environment.
- Experience in Migration & deployment of Applications with upgrade version of Application & Hardware, MS build, batch script, IIS.
- Expertise to handle tasks in RedHat Linux includes upgrading RPMS using YUM, kernel, HBA driver, configure SAN Disks, Multipathing and LVM file system.
- Good in the related Open Source projects (Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker Container).
- Created CI/CD pipeline using Azure DevOps, Team city/Octopus, and Jenkins/Octopus .
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.).
- Highly proficient SQL and RDBMS skills, including SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and PostGreSQL.
- Exposure in writing Groovy and Ruby scripts for automation of build and infrastructure automation.
- Experience working with Apache Hadoop, Kafka, Spark and Log stash.
- Worked with Apache Kafka for High throughput for both publishing and subscribing, with disk structures that provide constant performance even with many terabytes of stored messages.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and can work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, ELB, S3, Cloud formations), Microsoft Azure, OpenStack
Version Control: G IT, GitHub, Gitlab, Bitbucket, ClearCase, TFS.
CI Tools: Jenkins (Previously Hudson), bamboo, IBM build forge.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes.
Provisioning Tools: Chef, puppet and Ansible.
Network Protocols: FTP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP, HTTPS.
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss.
Web Servers: Tomcat, Apache HTTP, WebLogic & WebSphere, Redhat Satellite, Kafka.
Testing tools: Selenium, Sonarqube.
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra NoSQL Database, postgres.
Languages/Scripting: Bash scripting, Groovy, Power Shel l Sc ri p ti ng, SQL, J av a/ J2 EE, Ruby Python, Bash, .Net.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Atlassian, Remedy, Bugzilla
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Aws DevOps Engineer
- Worked on build servers using AWS which includes importing necessary volumes, launching EC2 instances, S3 for object static webpages and created security groups, auto scaling, load balancer, Route 53 and SNS as per architecture using IAAC tools like Cloud formation JSON Templates.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Launched AWS instances using auto-scaling for scaling up and scaling out of ec2 instances while deploying Micro Services into production environment.
- Developed infrastructure with automation in AWS (EC2, Lambda, EBS, RDS, Dynamo, ELB, and BOTO3) with AWS cloud formation templates. Created and designed the AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, for deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Worked on Open Stack, AWS Cloud Formation, and Terraform.
- Used Jenkins tools for CI with AWS for automated build every time developer code merge in to master branching.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and polices and developed critical modules like generating amazon resource numbers and integration points with S3, Dynamo DB, RDS, Lambda and SQS Queue.
- DevOps role converting existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via CloudFormation .
- Maintain Source Code Repository using GITHUB and performed different operations like Branching, Merging and Tagging as needed.
- Implemented &maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GitHub in Linux environments.
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end-to-end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Ansible and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automating/Scheduling the build processes and used Jenkins along with Shell or Python scripts to automate routine jobs. CI/CD tools to implement Blue - Green deployment methodology for reducing time in Production environment.
- Implemented CI and CD for application using Jenkins as CI tool for integrating different tools like Github, Maven, Junit, and Nexus Artifactory and used Ansible as configuration management tool for continuous deployment into testing, staging and Production Environment.
- Written terraform scripts from scratch for building Dev, Staging, Prod and DR environments.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing Maven and DOCKER (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Configured Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment of over 200 applications using Team City and Octopus deploy to AWS cloud.
- Automated builds of Micro Services, API’s, UI’s and databases using Team City and deployments using Octopus Deploy.
- Used Maven and Gradle as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers, Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy.
- Worked on Kubernetes decided to use Docker swarm because Docker swarm is integrated with Docker daemon.
- Wrote CI/CD pipeline in Groovy scripts to enable end to end setup of build & deployment using Cloud Bees Jenkins and Developed an end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Created Ansible playbooks for automatic deployment and configuration of Linux servers for test environment.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks to install and configure Apache, Tomcat, Jenkins, Run deck and deployment automation. Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Worked on installation of Docker Swarm using Docker tool Box and setup the automated build on Docker Hub.
- Automated, Deployed the Kubernetes clusters on the Top of OpenShift, Azure cloud platform and monitored the Clusters.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with PHP,python, ruby and java.
- Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk services.
- Expertise in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk, Amazon Cloud Watch and Nagios to detect production issues.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris, CentOS and Redhat Linux.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Monitored builds and deployments to ensure that failed builds or deployments are addressed in a timely manner using AppDynamics.
- Controlling administrative activities like user management, application management with AppDynamics and experience in network monitoring tool like Nagios.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Gradle, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, VMware, Web Logic, Tomcat, Cloud Watch, Perl, Oracle 10g/11g, Github, Ruby, Git lab, Nagios, Splunk, JIRA, AppDynamics.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Cloud Automation Engineer
- Worked on Microsoft Azure (Public) Cloud to provide IaaS support to client. Create Virtual Machines through Power Shell Script and Azure Portal.
- Deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure Iaas virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Implemented high availability with Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager deployment models.
- Manage and Create Storage Account and Affinity Group in Azure Portal.
- Worked on Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup- Deployed Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating to Azure using Azure Site Recovery and collecting data from all Azure Resources using Log Analytics and analyzed the data to resolve issues.
- Extensive experience in Azure E3 Enterprise Mobility Suite of tools in MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) and Intune. Build Data Sync job on Windows Azure to synchronize data from SQL 2012 databases to SQL Azure, Azure IoT hub, event hub, service bus and integration patterns.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Docker, Jenkins (TFS Plugin installed), Team Foundation Server (TFS), Bitbucket and Azure container Service, whenever a new TFS/Bitbucket branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration (CI) server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Manage source control repository in Subversion- controlling and monitoring check-in's & create tags for builds.
- Integrated Bitbucket with JIRA for transition JIRA issues from within Bitbucket Server and monitored the JIRA issues in Bitbucket Server.
- Implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery framework using Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus, Control Tier, Make in Linux environment.
- Migrating J2EE, PHP, .NET, and Cold Fusion applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion, and ANThillPro.
- Implement CI using Cruise Control .Net and evaluate TFS 2010 for migrating from existing version control system.
- Creating new build jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Experience with Jenkins for Continuous Integration (CI) and deployment into Tomcat Servers. And worked in setting up Jenkin slaves for end to end automation.
- Lead in Installation, integration and configuration of Jenkins CI/CD, including installation of Jenkins plugins.
- Worked on build tasks using Maven, Ant, Gradle and GNU Make files and worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Worked on Container management by using Docker and by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Worked on octopus deploy which is used to deploy applications securely to servers that are on-premises or in the cloud. It has a web-based interface, which can be used to modify and execute deployments, and a dashboard that teams can use to view the status of deployments.
- Deployment process of octopus deploy includes Run a PowerShell script to stop an application server and back up a database, Deploy an ASP.NET web application package, and update IIS, Deploy and reconfigure a Windows Service package.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Worked on Docker-Compose and Docker-Machine.
- Created Ansible supported YAML scripts to restart JBoss, Tomcat, and Jetty servers through GUI.
- Maintained Consistent and continuous integrated build deployment processes, automation and feedback loop using operational use of tool UDeploy.
- Migrated a number of in house shell scripts that supported deployment and configuration of multiple applications to UDeploy (Urban code) to reduce the administrative overhead of QA and production releases. This also included implementing team security, common processes and approvals.
- Worked on the Docker ecosystem with a bunch of open source tool like Docker machine, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm.
- Linux and Windows environment for Build/Release automation process in Web & cloud/server Environment & open source technologies.
- Container services and instances and registries,Azure Cosmos DB,SQL databases,Azure Database for MySQL servers,Azure Database for PostgreSQL servers.
- Involved in Chef-infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and on Chef Server backups.
- Automated setting up server infrastructure for the DevOps services, using Chef, shell and python scripts.
- Worked on creating deployment scripts using PowerShell and automated multiple daily maintenance tasks using PowerShell.
- Designed Selenium Java Automation scripts for oracle Database Automation (ODBC Jar).
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and Key- Word driven framework.
Environment: Azure, Terraform, JIRA, YAML, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jboss, Maven Gradle, python, Chef, openshift, Open source, Selenium, .Net
Confidential, Vernon Hills, IL
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management.
- Involved in performing application deployment to AWS Elastic Bean Stack environment.
- Configured & deployed Java applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS stack, cloud formation.
- Performed software configuration/release management activities for three different Java applications.
- Proposed branching strategies for using Version Control Systems like GIT, Clear Case, Github & Subversion.
- Developed build workflows using Gradle, Gitlab-CI, Docker and Openshift.
- Created and Maintained Subversion repositories, branches, and tags.
- Created Jenkins CI, CD pipelines for continuous build & deployment and integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins in Jenkins for automated testing and for Code quality check.
- Designed and implemented Continuous Integration(CI) process using tools like Hudson with approval from development and other affected teams. Defined processes to build and deliver software baselines for internal as well as external customers.
- Setup full CI/CD pipelines so that each commit a developer makes will go through standard process of software lifecycle and gets tested well enough before it can make it to the production.
- Helped individual teams to set up their repositories in bit bucket and maintain their code and help them setting up jobs which can make use of CI/CD environment.
- Converted old builds using make to ANT and XML for doing Java build.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Extensive understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project / Program Management within Agile/Lean environments.
- Created and maintained built wrapper scripts using PERL.
- Prepared Role based Access group and Control document for the Pega Workflow team.
- Build Java code on to different Jenkins servers as per the schedule.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to setup an automated deployment for SharePoint applications using Anthill and SVN Tools.
- Maintained and executed build scripts by coordinating with development and QA teams.
- Create/Maintain custom build scripts in Java/PERL. Develop Rational ClearQuest schemas and tailored the tools with custom PERL and VB Scripts.
- Deployed the EAR and WAR archives into WebLogic and Apache Servers.
- Configured and Maintained Apache web servers for Release Management Team's internal use.
- Acted as an Integrator for performing merge, rebase and baseline operations.
- Enforced development policies using Subversion hooks and other metadata.
- Attend forum for management of release weekly meetings. Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Assemble Release Kit and complete all paperwork, including implementation/back out plans.
- Turnover documentation monitors status of actual production turnover.
Environment: Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Subversion, Chef, Puppet, ORM, Linux, AWS, OpenStack, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, SCM, GIT, Gitlab, Jenkins, Tomcat, Jira.
Confidential, Coppell, TX
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured Red Hat Linux, Established and schedule activities in test and production environments.
- Experience in working SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Worked closely with application developers to devise robust deployment, operating, monitoring, reporting for the COTS applications.
- Deployment, implementation of Subversion (SVN) as source control, collaboration and QA tool. Project management, versioning and blame/issue tracking using Subversion (SVN).
- Created Build Jobs and Deployments in Jenkins.
- Involved in writing and organizing Shell and Perl scripting for building complex software systems.
- Experience with defining and creating usable and customer friendly, intuitive interfaces to the JIRA tool in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Migrated source control tool from Clear Case to Subversion (SVN) and build tool from Ant to Maven.
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring Subversion (SVN) repositories.
- Automate build and deployments of version control tools with SVN, GitHub/Gitlab.
- Managed GIT(Github/Gitlab) and SVN as Source Control Systems.g
- Configured Subversion with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option.
- Created ANT and Maven POMs to automate the build process and integrated them with tools like Sonar, Nexus
- Used Maven as a dependency management tool to manage all the dependencies that are required.
- Created and configured jobs, script builder, custom command builder, agents in Bamboo.
- Deployed the EARs and WARs in JBOSS Application server using ANT script.
- Implemented Jira with Maven release plug-in for tracking bugs and defects.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Experienced with release engineering, configuration management in Tomcat web application environment.
- Run release for all lower and production environments for almost forty different application with various deployment tools Jenkins, bamboo and work closely with system engineers to resolve the issue.
- Managed, installed, and configured Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, IIS, Apache, Oracle WebLogic, Red Hat JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Oracle Database.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Ant, Redhat, Maven, Bamboo, Sonar, Jenkins, JBOSS, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Bash Scripting, Nexus, Jira, Apache Tomcat, UNIX/LINUX.
- Designed and developed Micro Services business components and RESTful service endpoints using Spring boot.
- Worked on system analysis, design, development, and implementation of web services
- Used various Core Java concepts such as Exception Handling, Collection APIs to implement various features and enhancements.
- Implemented Java/J2EE Design patterns like singleton, MVC, Builder and Strategy patterns.
- Involved in development of REST Web Services using Spring MVC to extract client related data from databases.
- Developed code for obtaining bean s in Spring IOC framework.
- Involved in the implementation of DAO using Spring-Hibernate ORM.
- Utilized Spring annotations and XML configuration for Dependency Injection.
- Involved in daily Scrum meetings, Sprint planning and estimation of the tasks for the user stories, participated in retrospective and presenting Demo at end of the sprint. Communication with external teams, verbally and written daily.
- Developed end to end application on spring boot framework (Rest API Application/Spring JPA using Crud repository).
- Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and participated in the daily stand-up, iteration review, kick-off, and Retrospective meetings as a part of Agile.