- Accomplished and results driven professional with extensive experience in Operating System Support primarily on IBM AIX v4 up through and including v7 and Redhat Linux, Sun Solaris and HP - UX environments.
- Recognized for professionalism, commitment to excellence, and demonstrated ability to communicate and work with senior management, associates, and customers.
- Has an excellent interpersonal skill, able to collaborate effectively with co-workers at all levels. Self-motivated and can work independently or in a team.
- Broad based qualifications include: Executive Office Management, Budgeting, Customer Communication and Liaison Affairs.
Sr IT Sys Mgmt Analyst
- Serving as on of 3-member team who manages all UNIX Administration of approximately 100 AIX, VIO, RedHat, Ubuntu and CentOS servers.
- Focus mainly on AIX, VIO and HMC servers and engineering through version AIX7.2 including daily maintenance, user support and disaster recovery.
- Interictal part of system migration team to move servers from data center slated to close down to new centralized data center.
- USPS Security Clearance.
- NIM Administration to install/update/restore AIX/VIOS.
- ServiceNow User
- Spectrum Protect and NetWorker backup experience.
- Served as one of a 21-member team who managed all UNIX Administration of approximately 2300 AIX, VIO, HP- UX, Sun Solaris, VMWare and Linux (RedHat and SUSE) servers.
- Focused on AIX Administration and Engineering through version AIX7.1 including daily maintenance and disaster recovery.
- Solved incidents reported through end user and the HP OpenView monitoring system using BMC Remedy. Examples include File System management, user changes, CPU and Memory alerts, ping failures, cluster errors and other critical system management.
- Performed changes to system infrastructure for all aspects of system administration as requested by SLA owners. Examples include OS upgrades, TL/SP upgrades, LPM, HMC management, HACMP and PowerHA support including fail over testing, Volume Group, Logical Volume and file system changes, EMC PowerPath tool usage for SAN physical storage maintenance, VIO server and client configuration, dynamic changes for CPU and memory from HMC managed partitions and other changes as requested. Managing system OS backups using the mksysb function.
- Performed system decommissions and document relative changes to servers being removed from supported environments to ensure accuracy of inventory and status of all servers supported by my division.
- Built the entire AIX portion of the disaster recovery solution for the Pharmaceutical Division and other business units within Confidential, including NIM restores created using BCV/SRDF splits all the way to SAN boot server protocols.
- Performed monthly restores of DR servers and worked with the DR team to perform semi-annual disaster recovery tests.
- Wrote several Kornshell scripts to automate the restore process and continue to improve the solution on an ongoing basis.
Technical Consultant/Senior UNIX Administrator
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of 60 AIX servers running a mixture of AIX 5.2 and AIX 5.3.
- Installed, configured and maintained a UNIX LDAP server for the customer.
- Maintained the customer's NIM server, updating it to the latest AIX maintenance packages and pushing the maintenance levels out to their other servers.
- Wrote several Kornshell scripts and was responsible for installing and configuring Tivoli ITM on their servers.
- Worked with Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS/Maestro) installing the application on servers and setting up new jobs and maintaining the schedule.
Technical Consultant/UNIX Administrator
- Accounted for providing remote expert analysis and support to hospitals located across the US which included 90+ servers running AIX, HPUX and Linux.
- Solved incidents reported through end user and the BMC Patrol monitoring system and documented by Vantive Customer Resolution software. Examples include File System management, user changes, CPU and Memory alerts, ping failures, cluster errors and other critical system management.
- Performed customer requested changes to system infrastructure for all aspects of system administration. Examples include OS upgrades, TL/SP upgrades, HACMP support including fail over testing, Volume Group, Logical Volume and file system changes, and other changes as requested.