- Currently seeking a position that will utilize my system administration, security, and programming skills.
- Red Hat Linux
- Debian Linux
- Solaris 10 and 11
- AIX 4.3 and 5L
- HPUX 11.23 and HP 11.3
- Windows XP/2000/NT
- C (especially UNIX system programming)
- Shell (Bash)
- RADIUS design, implementation, and maintenance in a production environment providing authentication to cover million dialup users at clients sites..
- Administration of 100+ Redhat Linux, Solaris, AIX, and FreeBSD servers. System types include Sun E420s T4, Mseries, Integrix Sun clones, HP blades and Integrity systems.
- Intrusion Detection monitoring with cisco NAC and automated patch updates to all servers. Setup centralized syslog infrastructure and processing of data with tools internally developed to find suspect behavior.
- Routinely perform vulnerability assessment of systems, and provided incident handling and response for attacks on our systems.
- Programmed many tools in C and PERL for system administration, automation, and security purposes.
- Firewall administration with IPFilter (FreeBSD/Solaris) and iptables/ipchains (Linux).
- Implemented automated installations with Kickstart/Jumpstart. Always installed servers with the assumption that they will be unprotected on the network and therefore must be very secure. Wrote policies and procedures for securely deploying Linux, Solaris, and AIX in hostile, non - firewalled environments. Example Red Hat Linux 7.3 Installation policy.
- MySQL and Oracle database administration for many core services such as RADIUS authentication and WWW.
- Setup high volume outgoing mail subsystem using open source mail systems such as Postfix.
- Setup, maintenance, and operation of company-wide services such as DNS (BIND v8), mail (sendmail, UW-IMAPD, qpopper), WWW (Apache/SSL), Samba, and DHCP (ISC).
- Administration of Network Appliance F760 & F840 clustered NAS, HP EVA and other storage subsystems.
- Setup 24x7 NOC monitoring and trouble ticket systems using open source tools such as Netsaint, Bigbrother, Request Tracker, as well as commercial tools such as Netcool and Footprints. Developed internal monitoring systems deployed throughout E.Africa.
Windows Technical support
- Provisioning new servers, imaging; handling other daily routines; leading new deployments from systems perspective by coordinating internal resources; performing systems backups and restore procedures.
- Handling the complete installation, configuration & maintenance of Microsoft Windows Servers; designing the Backup Strategy for sites and ensuring scheduled/unscheduled Backups as per backup plan and restoration; managing Server, Domain, AD, User Rights, etc.
- Conducting proactive checks with regards to Windows and Antivirus