- RedHat Certified Engineer with focused on Ansible.
- 6+ years of experience in System Engineering (RHEL 6.x. 7.x, CentOS and SUSE Linux)
- 6 years of experience with Python and Bash Scripting
- 4 years of experience with Ansible and Ansible Tower and 6 months Ansible Tower Cluster
- 2 years of experience with Puppet, chef
- 2 years of experience with Terraform
- Experienced in configuring Jenkins and developing CI/CD Pipelines
- 3 years of experience with AWS and 1+ years of experience with Azure
- Experienced with GitHub, Bitbucket and GitLab as source control management tools
- 3+ years of experience with Hypervisor technology (VMware)
- 5 years of experience with server hardware and sizing with experience supporting Apache and LDAP Servers
- Extensive experience with Docker/Kubernetes/ OpenShift
- 3 years of experience with MYSQL
- Experience developing custom Ansible modules and Dynamic Inventories with Python
- Experienced in utilizing Ansible Tower, Puppet Enterprise, Terraform Enterprise, SUSE Manager, Red Hat Satellite.
- Experienced in using Azure DevOps, GitHub, GitLab as source control management tools
- Experienced in using Splunk, Nagios to monitor systems
- Experienced in utilizing Jira, ServiceNow as a ticketing and Change Management systems.
- Experienced in Agile Software Development method and Scrum
- Experienced in Software & Hardware diagnostics and troubleshooting (CPU, DIMM, Hard Drives, PSU, FAN, NICS)
- Install and administer Ansible Tower
- Designed Ansible CI/CD pipeline for the organization
- Develop custom Ansible modules and Ansible dynamic inventories with Python
- Develop a Python code for use in triggering OS image build in SUSE Manager’s KIWI application
- Develop Bash scripts to automate transfer of images from SUSE manager through to Azure Image Gallery
- Develop Terraform code to provision infrastructure on Azure with Terraform Enterprise running on Docker
- Configure GitHub for use as a source control repository
- Set up Jenkins node on Docker and develop Jenkins CI/CD pipelines to automate the workflow
- Develop Ansible playbooks for use in deploying applications and systems to servers via Ansible Tower
- Develop Puppet code to enforce desired server configuration states via Puppet Enterprise
- Configure the triggering of Ansible Playbooks to run on Ansible Tower via API calls from an SAP application
- Organize trainings to extend DevOps skills to other team members working on the project
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting server hardware issues with CPU, DIMM, FAN, Hard Drives, PSU, NICs.
- Site Reliability Engineer team member charged with configuring, monitoring, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving incident tickets on DELL server hardware issues (CPU, DIMM, HDD, Adapters, Fan, PSU, HBA/RAID)
- Write Ansible playbooks that automate Linux systems administration tasks and standardize server configurations
- Resolve incidents tickets on server configuration changes and sub - systems failures and liaise with Break/Fix team for hardware replacements and fixes
- Monitor systems and diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software/application issues
Linux Systems Administrator
- Provided expert support and maintenance of Linux systems, RHEL 7.x servers
- Upgraded Red Hat servers from RHEL 6.x to 7.x
- Provisioned infrastructure on Azure using Terraform code
- Wrote Ansible playbooks and bash scripts to automate the deployment and management of software packages, services, firewall rules, file systems, storage systems, job scheduling, security and systems resource monitoring.
- Used Ansible playbooks and Bash scripts to integrate Linux servers with Active Directory
- Utilized Puppet Code to enforce desired server configurations states
- Installed and configured Ansible Tower and utilize it to run playbooks
- Configured the encryption of network traffic with IPSEC protocol
- Performed server patching using Red Hat Satellite Server
- Support OpenShift Container platform and do deployment of applications to OCP cluster.
- Monitored servers and applications with Azure Monitor and Network Watcher
- Administered Docker and Jenkins CI/CD pipelines to build, test and deploy code/applications
- Troubleshooted and fixed networking and application performance issues
- Installed, configured and administered HAproxy load balanced APACHE web servers
- Performed VMs and file backups and restore with Azure WALinuxAgent
Linux Systems Administrator
- Support Linux Systems on a HP Blade system VMware Datacenter and on AWS
- Deploy Virtual Machines using Ansible on vSpere
- Install and configure VMware datacenter components: ESXI, vCenter, vSphere Web Client, IP Network, Storage
- Automate and standardize server configurations with Ansible Playbooks, Puppet Code, Shell or Python scripts
- Use Ansible Playbooks and CloudFormation to automate the deployment of virtual machines on AWS
- Installed and integrated LDAP server with VMware for user authentication
- Monitor server performance with Nagios; and perform backups and restore with Symantec NetBackup
- Perform Linux systems patching and subscriptions with Red Hat Satellite 6.x and 7.x, manage user accounts and security by instituting best practices in system log analysis, backups, network operating center security, user account/permissions management and systems/software auditing.
- Strengthened system/network security and business-continuity planning
- Ensure data recoverability by implementing system and application level backups.
- Manage RedHat subscription through RHN including regular errata updates on RHEL servers.
- Configured Solaris zones to offer virtual hosts within single server systems.
- Configured and managed RAID arrays for redundancy, input/output performance and fault tolerance.
- Troubleshoot network and other client application issues using remote technology-Remote desktop, TeamViewer, etc.
- Samba, DHCP, DNS, NFS, SFTP, SSH, sftp, SCP, Postfix and firewall-iptables configuration and management.
MySQL Database Administrator
- Install, configure and secure MYSQL database engines and perform SQL queries
- Develop, implement and maintain MYSQL database structures
- Design and create database tables and perform data ingestion
- Perform and manage database refreshes, backup and restore
- Database user account creation and database user authentication
- Troubleshoot database performance and non-performance related issues