- Over fifteen years progressive and extensive hands on experience supporting complex, multi - protocol, high availability, zero tolerance down time, regional/international telecommunications networks and Data Centers.
- Provide clients with product evaluation, test lab proof of concept, network design, procurement, configuration, implementation, deployment, tier 3 engineering support and change control management.
- Experienced in configuration and trouble shooting of major routing protocols (BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF, GRE.) L2/3 switching (VLAN, VTP, RSTP), WEB and IPSec VPN (RADIUS, AAA, TACACS+, RSA ACE/SecurID, IPS\IDS,NAC).
- Network Management (SNMP, DiffServ/QoS/CoS/ToS VoIP (CUCM, SIP, H323, MGCP) POTS (Avaya, Nortel). Provide research and support for Network Virtualization, WAN Acceleration, Load Balancing, Telepresence, Wireless LAN, and SAN storage projects.
- Provide configuration of and restoration of service for PRI, T1/E1, T3/DS3, OC3-OC193 metropolitan loop, and satellite data/video circuits.
- Configure multi-vendor L3 firewalls (Cisco and Juniper), NAC, IPS/IDS and WEB security software products.
- Concentrated discipline to provide expertise and consulting services for large LAN/WAN/VoIP cluster design, implementation, deployment, upgrades, training, NMS and Project Management for Cisco Unified Communications platforms (CUCM 3.x - 8.x,) CME, Unity and Unity Connection.
- Primary responsibility to provide national network monitoring, management and operational health status for ninety-eight satellite offices and research universities connected to the ARS MPLS network. Analyze data traffic patterns and bandwidth requirements within network infrastructure, detecting operational problems and recommending improvements to ensure optimal network performance.
- Work with various telecommunications ISP providers to resolve ARS DS1 and DS3 circuit outages and report and\or escalate per SLA.
- Liaison to local and regional researchers and IT leads to troubles shoot DS1\3 connectivity anomalies as related to Internet and data communications connectivity.
- Configure and manage Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS systems according to ARS security requirements ensuring security breaches do not occur and information are safeguarded from unauthorized users. Configure Cisco ASA webvpn, Juniper and Palto Alto devices for remote access via VPN for ARS scientific community.
- Provide CIO and IT management with status reports throughout assigned projects detailing project status and timeline, to include stop light project reporting, a project completion report listing all milestones and objectives that were meet during the life cycle.
Sr. Lead Network Engineer
- Liaison for Confidential, sales/procurement, Network Operations, Real Estate, and UC/IPT/R&S/Network Storage deployment teams.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements for all Confidential Group Operational Business Companies. Provide design, deployment, implementation, L3 connectivity and support of multiple CUCM clusters inclusive of 15, 000 routed/switched voice, data and video end points.
- Oversee analysis, network design, bandwidth requirements, implementation and support for Confidential data telecommunications network in support of new office expansion.
- Provide hands on configuration of multiple L3 network routing switching vendors.
- Report and trouble shoot LAN/WAN network anomalies and assist in restoration of voice /data service for all operational companies.
- Perform integration lab testing of network appliance config's to support change control of production BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, MGCP, H.323 and SIP network protocols.
- Tier 3 support for Call Manager 8.x, Cisco Call Manager Express, Unity Express, Cisco Presence, Cisco Emergency Responder, CUPC, and Tandberg Video MCU & end points.
- Proficient in NMS platforms including Verizon Enterprise Service Center, HP Node Manager, PRTG, Cisco Network Operations Manager, and SolarWinds.
- Active member and engineering implementation approver for Confidential CCB Network/IPT projects, RFI sizing, Business Continuity Board. ITILv3 and Cisco Certified for best practice IT processes and procedures.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Hired to provide national/international engineering design, documentation, implementation, deployment and 24/7 tier 3 support for the Federal Food and Drug Administrations (FDA) multi-cluster IPT initiatives.
- Deployed Cisco Unified Communications (CUC) platform for (ninety offices, six cluster, 30,000+ VoIP phones, wireless, IP Paging, IP Video) infrastructure.
- Liaison for GSA construction, electrical, and cabling contractors for new Confidential facilities scheduled for VoIP implementation.
- Provide high-level documentation inclusive of rack elevations, logical and physical network diagrams, technical project plans, security assessments, project timelines and change control management for Cisco CUC product suite.
- Entrusted to ensure accuracy of client user-lists for comma delimited or Cisco BAT/TAPS utility. Hands on creation of master implementation project plans, CUCM upgrades, CSS, device pools, phone profiles, route partitions, dial plans, hunt-groups, MTP, MGCP, H323 and SIP. Work with Confidential security for end to end NAC implementation and VPN support for hard wired and wireless network connections.
- Configure and troubleshoot ISP PRI and SRST for VoIP failover. Utilize Cisco NAM, Spectrum, NetCool, SolarWinds, Wireshark, to troubleshoot network anomalies. Report directly to executive management for project implementations, security considerations and 508 compliance change control management weekly.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for the design, procurement, testing, implementation, deployment operational health and network configuration monitoring management for all Middle East Broadcasting (MBN) offices
- Solely responsible for configuration and support of international routing and switching, security device configuration and upgrades, ISP and Satellite link monitoring, Websense monitoring and configuration, VPN concentrators, IPsec tunnel VPN configuration, HD broadcast network routing and switching and design and implementation of VoIP network (Call Manager 3x -7x, CME 7x and Unity).
- Implement twenty-four seven network monitoring and alerting system for all circuits, links and layer three equipment attached to the MBN international network infrastructure. Additional duties include incident response, analysis and investigations, performing intrusion detection and monitoring, and providing perimeter protection.
- Report directly to MBN executive management on current risk assessments and perform IT security system audits on internal and external system. Implement, configure and deploy SolarWinds and Orion NMS inclusive of MPN, NCM, APM, Netflow and IP SLA Manager, Document appropriate recommendations for mitigation based on analysis and results.
Sr. Network Engineer
- Accepted position with Confidential International (CI) to assist Sr. IT Director with network engineering design considerations, RFP support, power consumption requirements, cooling requirements of MDF/IDF, and procurement of all network equipment for the new CI International Headquarters Data Center.
- Assisted in vendor selection process and presented written case for vendor(s) selection process.
- Responsible for finalization of selected vendor’s bill of materials (BoM) for Core MDF, IDF equipment, PIX/ASA, MGCP, Cisco Call Manager\Unity servers, 7900 VoIP phones, and cabling topology. Negotiated with network equipment vendor to reduce total cost of L3 and VoIP equipment purchase saving the company $75K on purchase.
- Provide daily operational support for HQ core network. Implement, configure and deploy SolarWinds and Orion NMS inclusive of MPN, NCM, APM, Netflow and IP SLA Manager, Monitored and managed forty-six international offices and provided documented analysis of network health, application performance and voice\video traffic.
- Monitored forty-five Cisco PIX full mesh IPsec VPN tunnels.
- Hands on configuration of Cisco switches, routers, security appliances, and WAN acceleration products (Riverbed). Work with team members for timely network problem resolution for forty-six international offices. Report directly to executive management located in Washington DC metro-area and San Palo Brazil for project updates.
- Joined Confidential to provide support for on-site class rooms, e-Learning and the virtual class room training network.
- Responsible for instructor’s classroom setup for .Net, Cold Fusion, Java, Oracle, Macromedia Studio, HTML, XML, Java, ASP and other server/client side Web development languages.
- Performed complete redesign of Confidential ’s HQ network infrastructure in support new technologies and additional IP based traffic.
- Research, design, install, configure, document, and integrate new network. Work with ISP to provide redundant ISP leased lines and configure HSRP and BGP.
- Supported Cisco routers\switches, Barracuda and Symantec firewalls. Implement internal development servers DMZ and VPN for Training Development and Staff networks. Supported project to migrate Windows NT, MS 2000 servers to Windows 2003. Install and configure RedHat Microsoft 2003 servers, Active Directory, DNS, and Outlook.
Sr. WAN Engineer
- Member of Senior WA N engineering consulting staff responsible for the design, procurement, implementation, support, monitoring and troubleshooting of approximately 540 government networks.
- Created and presented perspectives to various Confidential clients, including Department of Employment, Health and Human Services and the Office of Planning regarding cost analysis for integration and support of value added enhance network connectivity, monitoring, and security.
- Member of project management team responsible for Confidential infrastructure upgrade of Core, Distribution and Access layers equipment. Member of project team to design primary Disaster Recovery site located at the Confidential Building.
- Created test plan documentation and performed testing for national and international data network.
- Reviewed customer service offerings for ATM, Frame Relay, DSL and OC-3, 48, 192 long-haul SONET.
- Conducted interoperability testing and created customer acceptance manuals and protocol regression tests plans.
- Supported daily operations and provided enhancement recommendations for GNI Lab Data Communications Network (DCN). Provided weekly status reports directly to program Confidential project management.