- Over 7 years of IT experience, looking for a position in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Build and Release management, Change management, Cloud Integration.
- Experience in Linux System Administration, Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end - to- end code configuration, building binaries & deployments and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- Worked on infrastructure development and operations by involving in designing and deploying using AWS services like AWS EC2 Instance, Route53, DNS, ELB, AMI, IAM, VPC, S3, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch monitoring.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployment Configurations.
- Extensive experience with AWS and managed servers on AWS platform instances using Puppet, Chef Configuration management.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines by integrating tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Experienced in python and shell scripting languages.
- Experience in implementing the Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub, Docker Swarm and Docker Container Network.
- Experience in creating custom cloud formation templates and Terraform templates to provision infrastructure in AWS environment.
- Experience in DevOps tools in integration with Amazon Web Services for Continuous Delivery & Automation, Monitoring Metrics and Logging, Security, Governance and Validation, High Availability and Elasticity.
- Experienced in Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Git, Maven.
- Experience in System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration,
- Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX & Linux Systems.
- Expertise in querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in Provisioners VMWare, Virtual box, Vagrant for creating virtual machines and provisioning environments.
- Experience in Firewall management, OS security, scheduling job using Cron and strong understanding of advance network protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4, IPv4 sub netting, IPv6.
- Experience in configuring various services like FTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, NFS, NGINX remote access, security management and security trouble shooting.
Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x,7.x), WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/ VISTA/7, UNIX - Sun Solaris v 9, 10, Ubuntu 12.x,13.x,14.x,15.x
Hardware: DELL Poweredge 1350, 1750, 1850, 2850, 6450, HP Proliant, HP-460C Blade, IBM F-series P-series RS6000.
Programming languages: Python, Shell scripting, Unix Bourne shell, RUBY, C, C++, XML, PL/SQL, Java/J2EE, HTML, PERL, POWERSHELL.
Web Servers/ Application Servers: Apache2.0/2.2/2.4, Apache Tomcat5.5/6.0/7.0, WEBLOGIC, IIS, WEBSPHERE, Nginix, JBOSS.
Tools: CHEF, JENKINS, Udeploy, MAVEN, SVN, GIT, GITHUB, NEXUS, NAGIOS, VAGRANT, DOCKER, ANSIBLE.
Virtualization: VMware ESX, ESXi, vSphere 4 and vSphere 5Citrix.
Packages and Networking: FTP-Vsftpd, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, SAN/NAS, MULTIPATHING, ZONING, RAID LEVELS.
Databases: SQL Server, Teradata, Cassandra, Influx, Mongo DB.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Prototyping and developing cloud-native architecture solutions for application needs, particularly with AWS
- Utilizing AWS Cloud services such as EC2, S3, IAM, Route53, RDS, VPC, LAMBDA, SQS, SNS, EKS, Load Balancers, CloudWatch, API Gateway, etc.
- Automating software builds and deployment-to-development and production systems
- Overseeing configuration management and moderating using various automation tools
- Providing infrastructure-as-code utilizing Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation
- Provisioning and maintaining cloud infrastructure that will support training machine learning models over billions of historical data points collected from tens of thousands of retail stores across the US.
- Monitoring and measuring system performance and iteratively push for improvements in this area by introducing new technologies or developing new tools.
- Ensuring that our system meets the highest security standards. Collaborating with a team of security specialists to enforce secure practices across the company.
- Maintaining a high standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for software development, testing, and deployment.
- Providing input into long-range platform requirements.
- Intimate familiarity with the DevOps toolkit (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, and other tools).
- Demonstrated understanding of security best practices.
- Deep understanding of CICD Tools, Docker, AWS, Python, Kubernetes.
AWS DevOps engineer
- Creating fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash
- Experience of writing & managing Chef Scripts& using Linux automated deployments using Chef.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts and monitoring checks.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s
- Have experience of working with Docker- docker hub, pulling images from docker hub, running containers based on an image, creating Dockerfile to manage customized containers, exposing a container with port redirect, container volume management, docker inspect, docker commit to capture the file changes/settings into a new image and pushing the image to docker hub
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, IAM through AWS Cloud information templates.
- Used Ruby Rspec framework and wrote test cases for regression and to resolve refactoring problems.
- POC on Implementing AWS Kinesis based consumers in Lambda and pipeline data to a data lake while allowing real time analytics using DynamoDB and ordering based on the location of mobile users and ordering trends
- Installing and Configuring Monit, AppD& Grafana and Logstash and FileBeat for monitoring and transferring logs to Elastic search
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, and EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto-scaling groups and OpsWorks.
- Used Micro services architecture with Spring Boot based service through REST
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Creating Lambda function to automate snapshot back up on AWS and set up the scheduled backup.
- Utilize Camel to integrate microservices with other microservices and RabbitMQ messaging exchanges.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Logstash&Kibana stacks.
- Experience with Nagios/Observium/NewRelic monitoring and alerting services for servers, switches, applications and services.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that were risen during the deployments in different environments.
AWS DevOps engineer
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven & Nexus as tools.
- Writing Maven and Ant scripts for application layer modules.
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto-scaling groups.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and utilize Amazon Glacier for archiving data.
- Deployed artifacts to Tomcat Instances on AWS EC2 Instances and automated the process of build and deployment using Perl and Chef Cookbooks.
- Configured AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) Group and users for improved login authentication.
- Installed, configured, and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server, and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux.
- Involved in Configuring and monitoring distributed and multi-platform servers using chef.
- Experience in setting up the chef repo, chef workstations and chef nodes.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to Chef-server from Workstation.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) and GIT source control.
- Branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during the merges.
- Supporting different projects build & Release SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge, etc.
- Installation, Configuration, Upgradation, and administration of Red Hat Linux.
- Jumpstart & Kick-start OS integration, DDNS, DHCP, SMTP, Samba, NFS, FTP, SSH, LDAP integration.
- Installed RHEL 5.x using Kick-start server on standalone servers and VMware environments.
- Network traffic control, IPsec, Quos, VLAN, Proxy, Radius integration on Cisco Hardware via Red Hat Linux Software.
- Responsible for configuring and managing Squid server in Linux.
- Configuration and Administration of NIS environment.
- Creating profiles manifests for new servers and pushing them to servers using puppet.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools and utilities and to maintain Shell, Perl automation scripts.
- Creating, installing, WebLogic Application servers, deploying WAR, JAR files on them installed on both Linux servers.
- Checking the quality, security and performance of the customer's applications.
- Worked with project manager and auditing teams to implement PCI, SOX compliance.
- Installed and assembled hardware components and installed various operating systems like CentOS, RedHat.
- Created roles, users, profiles, managed user permissions and implemented jumpstart servers on RedHat.
- Administered remote systems using tools like SSH, Telnet, also created and cloned Linux virtual machines.
- Monitored server's operating system, system logs, managed software builds, scheduled batch and Cron jobs.
- Created and modified bourne shell (sh), korn shell (ksh) and bash shell scripts for automation of jobs server.