- DevOps Engineer with over 8+ years of experience with proven track record in bridging the gap between development and operations . A clear understanding of AWS Cloud Computing, Azure, GCP and DevOps practices such as Build & Release Management, Configuration Management, CI/CD. Recognized for inspiring the management team members to excel and encouraging creative work environment.
- Deep understanding of principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, Waterfall methodologies in developing various applications which mainly focused on CI/CD Principles.
- Hands - on experience working on Amazon Web Services like IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, SNS, AWS SQS, Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, AWS Ops Works etc.
- Experience in Blue/green deployment strategy by creating new applications which are identical to the existing production environment using Terraform & Route53 weighted record sets to redirect traffic from the old environment to the pristine environment via DNS .
- Experienced in creating Terraform modules for two-tier Architecture which includes AWS resources VPC, Subnets, Security groups, EC2, Load Balancers, Autoscaling group, Cloud watch Alarms, ECS clusters etc.
- Provided technical & engineering expertise for the architecture, design, deployment, and configuration of Microsoft products and technologies (Automation tools, Scripting, and Configuration management).
- Experience in Azure IaaS, PaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps, creating Web-Jobs, Azure Cosmos DB, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell and Cloud infrastructure .
- Experience in creating and maintaining containerized microservices and configuring and maintaining private container registry on Microsoft Azure for hosting the Images and using Windows Active Directory to secure Azure AD domain services managed the domain with LDAPS .
- Experience in migrating on-premises to Windows Azure and build Azure Disaster Recovery environment and Azure backups from the scratch using PowerShell script and also Implemented Azure Storage, Azure SQL Azure Services and developing Azure Web role.
- Experience in designing a Terraform and deploying it in cloud deployment manager to spin up resources like cloud virtual networks, compute engines in public and private subnets along with Autoscaler in GCP .
- Setting up a GCP Firewall rules in order to allow or deny traffic to and from the VM's instances based on specified configuration and used GCP cloud CDN (content delivery network) to deliver the content from Google Cloud Platform cache locations to drastically improve user experience and the latency.
- Experience in providing highly available and fault tolerant applications by utilizing the orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Apache Mesos on Google Cloud Platform.
- Intense expertise in using source code and version control management tools like Subversion and GIT and used SCM client tools like SVN, Bitbucket, Git Bash, GitHub Desktop, GitLab and Git GUI.
- Widely dealt with Jenkins for CI/CD approaches for end to end computerization for all deployments and also, I was involved in deployment of web applications into different application servers by using Jenkins.
- Utilized build tools like Maven, Ant and Gradle for building deployable artifacts (jar, war and ear) from source code and artifactory repository like Sonatype Nexus for Maven and Ant Build to upload artifacts using Jenkins.
- Experience in using the configuration management tools like CHEF, Ansible and Puppet in managing the system configurations and supporting the large cloud Environments. Involved in Chef cookbooks and Puppet manifests.
- Experienced in developing the Playbooks into the Ansible by integrating them to the source code repository and deploying them onto the servers to reduce the downtime & Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Experience in installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and admin control workstation and also Provisioned the Chef nodes and deployed the cookbooks to chef server through UDeploy.
- Experienced in introducing and working with Docker containerization techniques to run distinctive programming bundles on the docker containers to improve the continuous delivery structure.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods and managed nodes using Kubernetes master & involved in configuring Kubernetes clusters to manage docker containers.
- Propelled Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling & operations of application containers across bunch of hosts & used Kubernetes Clusters to support automatic high availability, load balancing and health checking.
- Used Horizontal Pod Autoscaler (HPA) and Vertical Pod Autoscaler (VPA) to scale the available resources in the container and used the Cluster Autoscaler to scale the nodes inside the cluster.
- Strong knowledge with background designing, testing, implementing infrastructure and applications. A talented performer using source control tools to identify and fix bugs in code.
- Experienced in writing Shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, PowerShell, YAML & Groovy scripts for configuring & automating the files & application during data storage or data transmitting.
- Skilled in using AWS Cloud Watch service to collect & track metrics & monitor logs generated on day to day basis to analyze the performance and set alarms to automatically react to changes in AWS resources.
- Experienced using Monitoring tools like Cloud Watch, Splunk, Nagios to create the Dashboards to view the resource monitoring and the environment monitoring across different environments (QA, UAT, and PROD).
- Created quality gates in SonarQube dashboard and enforced in the pipelines to fail the builds when conditions not met and created nightly builds with integration to code quality
- Expert in deploying code trough web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS & experienced in issue management and bug tracking tool JIRA for different severity level and priorities.
- Experience working in SQL database like MySQL, SQL Server and NoSQL database like DynamoDB & pushed data from MongoDB to MySQL Database.
Infrastructure as a Service: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
Configuration Management Tools: CHEF, Ansible, Puppet
Build Tools: Maven, ANT
AWS Cloud Services: EC2, VPC, S3, Route 53, SNS, IAM, Cloud Front, EBS, ELB, ECS, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, SQS, Elastic Beanstalk
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Scripts/ Languages: UNIX, HTML, Shell Scripting, Ruby, YAML, Python, Perl
Databases: Oracle, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL, NOSQL
SCM/Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, SVN, Bitbucket
Automation Container: Docker, Kubernetes
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
SDLC: Agile, Scrum
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy
Operating System: UNIX, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, Centos), Windows
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Created and configured AWS EC2 instances using preconfigured templates such as AMI, RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu as well as used corporate based VM images which includes complete packages to run, build and test in those EC2 Instances.
- Worked with AWS services using S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, Auto-Scaling groups, EC2 instances with optimized volumes & achieved cloud automation & deployments using Python.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graphs, change automation and created AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups.
- Configured IAM roles for EC2 instances and assigned policies granting specific level access to S3 buckets and used IAM to assign roles, to create and manage AWS users, groups, and permissions to use AWS resources.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC managed IAM accounts and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements.
- Written Lambda functions to implement tasks like taking EBS volume snapshots in regular intervals and copying the files in between the S3 buckets only when the actions are triggered.
- Developed POC for RDS vs SQL Database and implemented SQL Database for cost effectiveness and used Azure Monitoring to monitor the SQL Database to detect and diagnose any issues during the development.
- Worked on Jenkins file with multiple stages like checkout a branch, building the application, testing, pushing the image into GCR, Deploying to QA3, Deploying to QA9, acceptance testing and finally deploying to Prod .
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/Web Sphere Application Servers. Integrated builds with Code Quality Tools like Cobertura, PMD and Find bugs.
- Maintained Kubernetes cluster responsible for all core applications which includes ensuring uptime, monitoring & alerting, and the addition of new capabilities.
- Used Jenkins pipelines using Maven for Artifacts and Docker file builds to Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes and also created Pods and managed using Kubernetes by building Production Grade Kube Clusters with the help of KOPS .
- Managed Docker orchestration and Docker containerization using Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling, and management of docker containers .
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, deploy the application securely to fasten the build/release engineering.
- Worked on installing, configuring and managing Docker Containers, Docker Images for Web Servers and applications. Also Implemented Docker-maven plugin in and maven pom to build Docker images for all microservices and later used docker file to build the docker images from the java jar files .
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and automated Weekly releases with ANT/Maven scripting for compiling Java Code, debugging and placing builds into Maven repository.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Configuring of monitoring and alerting tools according to the requirement like AWS CloudWatch , CloudTrail and creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances.
- Configured the client VM’s in Nagios , servers for monitoring and applying blackouts for any outages, pulling reports and provided them to client & created a Python script with Boto , to scan through AWS environment and look for untagged instances, and parsed to Nagios to warn when any asset is left untagged.
- Created Pre-commit hooks in Perl/shell/bash for authentication with JIRA -Pattern Id while committing codes in GIT, limiting file size code and file type and restricting development team to check-in while code commit & managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira.
- Coordinated with developers to establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control and analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT .
- Worked on LINUX and/or Window system administration, including basic system admin tasks, knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts, and basic security and compliance practices.
- Experienced in database ownership (In SaaS model such as DynamoDB and RDS) including basic administration, schema maintenance, database querying and clustering.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS services, which include web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, EC2 & data base security groups & application configurations. This script creates single server to stacks.
Environment: AWS, Terraform, AWS security groups, IAM, S3 Bucket, VPC, EC2, ELB, Lambda, Azure monitoring, SQL Database GIT, Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Kubernetes, KOPS, Linux, Windows, DynamoDB, RDS, bash, python, yaml, groovy, Jira.
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Created recommendations on how to duplicate a subset of on-premise machines to the Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) offering which will be used for disaster recovery. This analysis included the specifics to synchronize on-premise data with SQL Server and SharePoint instances hosted in VMs.
- Worked on Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup- Deployed Instances on Azure environments and in Data centers and migrating to Azure using Azure Site Recovery and collecting data from all Azure Resources using Log Analytics and analyzed the data to resolve issues.
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users and worked on creating custom Azure templates for quick deployments and advanced PowerShell scripting. Deployed Azure SQL DB with GEO Replication, Azure SQL DB Sync to standby database in another region & fail over configuration.
- Worked on Serverless services, created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions with application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the applications using the Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) also called as Azure DevOps Services.
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbook, PowerShell runbook that will automate specific tasks, deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring Active Directory Federation Service (AD FS) authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect, and involved in administrative tasks that include Build, Design, Deploy of Azure environment.
- Configure Continuous Integration from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps and managed Azure Active Directory, Office 365 and applied upgrades on a regular basis.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Docker, Jenkins (TFS Plugin installed), Team Foundation Server (TFS), GitHub and Azure Container Service, whenever a new TFS/GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration (CI) server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it.
- Worked with ARM Templates to automate the Azure Iaas virtual machines using ARM modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Managed Azure Infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, VM Role, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure PowerShell and Azure Portal.
- Written Templates for Azure Infrastructure as code using ARM to build staging and production environments. Integrated Azure Log Analytics with Azure VMs for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics and used ARM as a tool, Managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, and Docker containers.
- Worked on OpenShift for container orchestration with Kubernetes container storage, automation to enhance container platform multi-tenancy also worked on with Kubernetes architecture and design troubleshooting issues and multi-regional deployment models and patterns for large-scale applications.
- Deploying windows Kubernetes (K8s) cluster with Azure Container Service (ACS) from Azure CLI and Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and Octopus Deploy.
- Using Ansible created multiple playbooks for machine creations and SQL server, cluster server and my SQL installations.
- Used Ansible to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution.
- Written Ansible handlers with multiple tasks to trigger multiple handlers and to decouple handlers from their names, making it easier to share handlers among Playbooks and Roles.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin in Maven pom.xml files to build Docker images for all microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the Java jar files.
- Designed, wrote and maintained systems in Python scripting for administering GIT, by using Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution, and deployment onto Tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project Jenkins Artifactory plugin.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations, and plugins for Jira bug/issue tracker integrated Jenkins with Jira, GitHub.
- Worked with Nagios for Azure Active Directory & LDAP and Data consolidation for LDAP users. Monitored system performance using Nagios, maintained Nagios servers and added new services & servers.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers like JBoss, Apache Tomcat and its components using Nagios.
Environment: Azure, PCF, Office 365, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Azure ARM, Azure AD, Azure Site Recovery, Kubernetes, Python, Ruby, XML, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, Nexus, JFrog Artifactory, Jenkins, Git, Jira, GitHub, Ansible, Docker, Windows Server, TFS, VSTS, LDAP, Nagios.
Build & Release Engineer
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing Configuration management CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code. Efficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi component environment.
- Used the continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate the daily processes and automated the weekly deployments utilizing CI tool Jenkins.
- As part of migration involved in J2EE applications to Unix and Windows environments by configuring application via Subversion, and Jenkins. Automated the weekly deployments utilizing CI tool Jenkins.
- Update Maven scripts to use Artifactory repo instead of local repositories. Along with development and maintain ANT (build.xml) and Maven (pom.xml) scripts.
- Managing GIT version control system in creating branches, tags, merge, resolving conflicts. Responsible for managing the code in Subversion (version controlling).
- Working closely with Web Administrators to understand, participate, and experience the technical architect for web sites such as Apache, Jboss, Web Logic; and deploying J2EE Applications to these environments.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT and BIT Bucket.
- Build Nagios monitors for new services being deployed, and also has good understanding of monitoring tools like Splunk.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments. Created multiple Python scripts for various application level tasks.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release.
- Created Instances in Apache Webserver and JBOSS Application server in QA and Production environments.
- Documented the SCM process and policies of the company and recommended some process changes.
- Upgraded and Migrated to Jira from Clear Quest for bug tracking and project tracking.
- JIRA: Administrated, maintained documentation and provided training to the users.
- Developed & improved build communication, documenting build processes & procedures.
- Worked with scrum and development team in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and releases.
- Deploy production packages to web servers and application servers according to business needs.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, JBOSS, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Bash Scripting, Nexus, Jira, Apache Tomcat and UNIX/LINUX