Sr. IT/Lab Engineer
- Large scale Deployment/Migration Project, leading a tech group on a Crucial project upgrading chemical based (Perkin Elmer lab equipment) devices from Windows XP to Windows 7.
- Each chemical device connected to its PC is very complex, as are the standalone applications that run the devices on every computer.
- The Delivery Request is to upgrade each hardware device, software app and operating system to Windows 7 compatibility; while communicating consistently with PE and Altria Sr. Cisco VOIP deployment and troubleshooting.
- Reps as to the project's minute details and progress. Like most projects, this is time sensitive.
Sr. Enterprise Service - Desktop Analyst
- Interfaced with Agency users regarding unresolved trouble tickets escalated from the lower level Help Desk. In-depth SCCM Remote Tools used to complete most tasks. Deploy and configure desktop software images to workstations and Network Troubleshooting.
- Provide analysis and technical support across PC platforms for The Department of Commissary Agency, including 260+ military sites worldwide, using Remedy ticketing system.
- IMAC- Installation, Moves, Adds & Changes- HP and Dell desktop, laptops, servers and phone systems. Diagnose reported PC hardware, software (Managed multiple PeopleSoft DOD applications, Cisco VOIP deployment and troubleshooting, Unix and Linux based apps, MS applications and stand alone apps for the DOD) and network problems.
- Install various common workgroup devices including printers and digital senders. Continue to improve technical expertise through identification of new technical alternatives and general improvements. Responsible for training and coaching members of our team.
- Also, perform multiple special projects as assigned. - The last major project we had was a migration of all Agency PC's from Windows XP to Windows 7- this included all Agency sites and the entire HQ building for the Agency located in Ft. Lee, VA. Much of this involved preparing many DOD applications and tools that were not Windows 7 compliant.
Sr. LAN/WAN Integrator
- As a project manager, technician and a surveyor/installer I was responsible planning, coordinating, documenting and executing all activities in support of the wireless network infrastructure for this Defense Agency at Headquarters and over 260 sites worldwide.
- Monitored the installation, operation and maintenance of over 2500 access points through the use of device management hardware/software.