- More than 15 years of experience in network and data center architecture and engineering for various fortune 500 companies in the US and around the world, combined with effectiveness in driving technical concepts to working systems that address business needs.
- SDWAN solution architect engineer for SD - WAN advanced feature POC at Confidential Inc
- Implementation of a Disaster Recovery infrastructure on AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud to serve as a backup to Confidential data center. The cloud infrastructure is a replicate of the main Data Center at a smaller scale.
- Migration of NiSource electric company’s legacy WAN network to SD-WAN with virtual firewalls on WAN routers.
- Part of the Sprint wireless 4G network deployment in the eastern region of the US as a subcontractor to Alcatel-Lucent
- Design and implementation of Sonatel (Orange Senegal) Intranet for WAN connectivity offering to their costumers
- Design and implementation of Gabon Telecom Intranet for WAN connectivity offering to their customers.
- More details accomplishments are available from my resume.
- Legacy WAN migration to SD-WAN
- Nexus 9K spine and leaf environment with cisco ACI controller (APIC)
- DC Migration to AWS for Dev-Test and DR
- Data Center compute, storage and network virtualization
- Software Defined Network
- Viptela SD-Wan, Versa Network FlexNFV SD-WAN, Cisco ASR 1K, Nexus 9K, ISR 2900, Cat 6500/4500, ASA5500, F5 load balancer
- AWS Cloud
- Nutanix Acropolis HCI for distributed nodes
- OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN, VxLAN, MPLS, VPN, QoS, VoIP, FCoE, vSphere, vSAN
- Script programming for configuration automation (Java, Perl, Expect, Python)
SD-WAN Network Architect
- SME for the design and migration of legacy Cisco ISR WAN routers to Viptela SD-Wan routers (vManage, vSmart, vBond, vEdges, cEdges) for multiple Cisco customers. Role included multitenant segmentation, security and configuration automation, POC lab testing for large Cisco customers for pre deployment over an SDWAN network of more than 2000 sites (simulated using Spirent).
- Solution design included multi-region meshed hub to hub routing across regional DC’s - SD-WAN controller disaster recovery between two DC
- QoS Architect to ensure application level quality of service.
- Services chaining from edge site to edge site thru centralized service appliance such as firewall - SDWAN extension to Azure and AWS with cloud SDWAN routers such as CSR routers.
DR Data Center Architect
- Implementation of a 80 racks Disaster Recovery infrastructure for Confidential Corp’s Data Centers in which I was the network architect for Confidential (the contracting company.)
- Network Architect to provide a complete network isolation strategy for the purpose of testing Disaster Recoverability for business continuity. Developed set of isolation steps into a script to guarantee isolation between the data centers and the DR while ensuring interruption in production and continued replication between the isolated sites.
AWS Migration Architect
- SME for AWS, worked with various IT groups to understand their business needs and outcomes, to design and implement AWS DR Solutions to enable business continuity: Technologies used included:
- Design included replication of the DC at 1//2 capacity ready for bring-up at AWS
- Including direct connect
- Hybrid storage service with AWS Storage Gateway
- Provide guidance on best security practices in AWS
- Provide guidance on best operational practices in AWS
- Design technical security controls to meet PLI’s requirements
- Design infrastructure to support security controls / operational controls
- Assist in educating PLI regarding operations in the cloud.
SD-WAN Migration consultant/Engineer
- Migration of the company’s 200 sites from legacy hub and spoke legacy WAN network to SD-WAN in order to support a star topology with virtual firewalls at the remote sites.
- Led NiSource new data center network team to consolidate their legacy data center with a newly acquired companies to a brand-new SD-WAN network. Architected the migration of NiSource 200 remote offices and monitoring stations from Cisco ISR/ASR to Viptela vEdge/vManage/vSmart/vBond SD-WAN routers.
- Work included Migration of 6500 switches/ Nexus 7K/5K to 7010/5596 Fabric Path spine and leaf environment with cisco ACI controller (APIC) for SDN.
- Configuration automation scripting using Python.
Confidential, New York, NY
- USPS WAN upgrade to their two new Data centers.
- Secured PCI network enclave design to allow for secured credit transaction across the USPS network
- Design and management of USPS two major Data Center based to support partners applications and interconnections
- Script programming (Perl/Java) to automate router configuration
- Platform used: ASR1K, 9K/GSR/ISR routers, Nexus 7010, 5000, 2000 in Flex Design DC Environment, ASA firewall
- Managing Ally Bank Confidential hosted Data Center Network
- Design and management of new implementation of Ally’s Data Centers network services hosted at Confidential Raleigh, Poughkeepsie, Rochester Data Centers to support partners applications and interconnections
- Redesign and Implemented customer Data Center move from Confidential DC
- Network design for onboarding Several Confidential customers (FedEx, American Express, State of California, Panasonic, Pfizer, PLI) to Confidential managed services at customer sites or Confidential owned DC through Confidential SNI, One Network WAN, aVPN to allow Confidential support team to access these network from these remote networks with Confidential aVPN MPLS network.
- Lead architect engineer to move Pfizer network from Qwest MPLS to Confidential aVPN network for the interconnection of its sites to Confidential ’s Rochester Data Center. Performed the migration without any outage using BGP.
- Redesign of a new class based QoS for voice, data and check imaging application