- 16 years of working on Unix systems
- 15 years of hands - on experience working in a windows environment
- 11 years of working on a Linux platform including Red Hat
- 3 years of working hands on with Teradata
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Received Microstrategies training, Teradata hardware and software classes
- Teradata and Teradata SQL Certified
- Unix/Linux/Windows administration/engineering/support experience
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Microstrategies, ASF2, Veritas, XWIN, Sysadm, Teradata, Windows
Database: Teradata, MySQL, Access,SQL Server 2005/2008 R2
Operating Systems: UNIX (System 5 V 4, Linux, Red Hat, SCO, AIX, CentOS-Linux), Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003Windows Server 2008 R2
Programming Languages: C, C++, Pascal, 4GL, ISQL, ESQLC, JCL, COBOL, FORTRAN, Microsoft Visual Studio, IBM 370 Assembly Language; Bash,Korn, Bourne and C shell scripting; Progress, SQL
Linux System Administrator
- Manage a 24/7 on call rotation on multi-tier Linux application delivery environment.
- Linux administration, Installation, configuration, patches and upgrades, kernel upgrades and tuning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring, maintaining and account management.
- Performed system backups.
- Scripting skills used to automate system tasks.
- Troubleshoot hardware, operating system, and application software problems.
- Able to identify hardware problems and schedule maintenance in the systems
- Provide support to other system administrators.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Customer Service Support Representative
- Performed Hardware and Software upgrades, system analysis, customer satisfaction, account development and planning, revenue generation, asset management, and individual development for mission critical customer support.
- Worked closely with the Teradata Sales Organization to assist on Support Strategies, competitive service pricing, and adherence to TCS methodologies and Best Practices.
- Maintained customer contractual policies and development.
- Worked on Large Scale Mission Critical Data Warehouses of approximately 18Terabytes.
- Consistently maintained 24/7 support on 8 Mission Critical Systems assuring proper system and database performance and integrity.
- Administered and monitored systems remotely and on-site by modem, internet with passkey, console screen in the data center. Monitored system and database performance through PMON and Teradata system queries.
- Provided my customers with 24/7 availability. Held weekly maintenance windows to replace hardware, flash hardware firmware, and apply unix and teradata updates.
- Responsible for Maintaining parts for customers on-site. This included ordering and returning parts, while keeping an inventory for all parts on the customer site.
- Created reports/conference calls with and for customers incidents, updates and new issues.
- Performed backups on unix system 5.4 and teradata w/ASF2 and Veritas on Storagetec L700.
- Created tables, populated data w/load utilities. Created views, keys, primary and secondary indexes, and collected statistics through bteq.